Online now
Online now

Cooked The Rice - What’s the Punishment?

Cressida Clytie​(masochist female){Taken}
2 years ago • Nov 11, 2021
I am not a brat but I will focus on the rice and kneeling.

This punishment is normal in Asia. It is a common practice to discipline some children but since it is dangerous, some country passed a bill on not using this anymore. I'm a masochist but I find this painful and the marks are not really pretty (it looks like holes).

Other option to use are table salt, mung beans and sand paper.

I have also used a pop it fidget toy as a kneeling mat.
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
2 years ago • Nov 12, 2021
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Nov 12, 2021
Cressida Clytie wrote:
I am not a brat but I will focus on the rice and kneeling.

This punishment is normal in Asia. It is a common practice to discipline some children but since it is dangerous, some country passed a bill on not using this anymore. I'm a masochist but I find this painful and the marks are not really pretty (it looks like holes).

Other option to use are table salt, mung beans and sand paper.

I have also used a pop it fidget toy as a kneeling mat.

That is a fucked-up thing to do to a child!
With a sub it is different because there is consent and safewords, but on a child? That sort of treatment should be unacceptable by everyone.
My opinion is that that's just plain ol' abuse.
Cressida Clytie​(masochist female){Taken}
LJ, it's culture.

Western upbringing is different from us from the East. The level of discipline is different. You may see that as abuse but I also experienced that as a kid and for me it never was. If the child experienced it without any reason or as a punishment then that's the time you can call it abuse.

Culture varies. Not because you are not familiar with someone's culture it will be right to call it abuse.
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
Cressida Clytie wrote:
LJ, it's culture.

Western upbringing is different from us from the East. The level of discipline is different. You may see that as abuse but I also experienced that as a kid and for me it never was. If the child experienced it without any reason or as a punishment then that's the time you can call it abuse.

Culture varies. Not because you are not familiar with someone's culture it will be right to call it abuse.

I agree with you.
But to clarify I was referring to the part about how, as you correctly stated:

"If the child experienced it without any reason or as a punishment then that's the time you can call it abuse."

Different cultures should always be respected, even if we disagree with some practices.
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
LongerJohnny wrote:
Cressida Clytie wrote:
LJ, it's culture.

I agree with you.
To clarify I was referring to this part of what you said:

"If the child experienced it without any reason or as a punishment then that's the time you can call it abuse."

I meant no offense to any culture. All should always be respected, even if we disagree with some practices.
IronWorld​(sadist male)
IronWorld​(sadist male) • Nov 12, 2021
Now I'm going through designs in my head to build a kneeling box. Place it on the floor, fill the bottom with the item to be knelt on, have the submissive kneel in it, have one strap just above the calves, then have the sub sit back on her heels with a belt around her back with d-rings to bind her hips to the back corners of the box.

Perhaps an additional top facing pillory to keep her head and hands away with the promise of release only after successful oral stimulation has been achieved.

Also, never understood the appeal of brats: "I'm a submissive that doesn't submit"... really? Like the character of Wesley in The Princess Bride. Can't afford to make exceptions. Once word gets out that a Dom has gone soft, people begin to disobey you and its nothing but work, work, work all the time.

Who would willingly want to put extra work in the relationship when the real ones are difficult enough to maintain?
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Nov 12, 2021
Cressida Clytie wrote:
LJ, it's culture.

I am confused as to what you mean that if a child was punished by being made to kneel on uncooked rice that it's abuse but then also said that it's strictly cultural and you don't interpret it as abuse. What am I missing? I've reread that several times and can't grasp the intended meaning. Sorry to seem so dense this morning. ☹️
Once again, my quote button is missing. I think the missing quote buttons are frequently responsible for some of the misunderstandings in these forums. Anyway, here goes:

Cressida Cltyie said: "Missing word error, I meant to say "continuous punishment". Thanks for pointing out.
Is it clear now or should I expand?"

Thanks for the clarification. I'll still disagree with your assessment but I do get what you seem to be saying. I don't agree that cultural differences should be the litmus test of whether a particular practice crosses the abuse threshold but I can understand how we differ.
LongerJohnny wrote:

Different cultures should always be respected, even if we disagree with some practices.
Sorry. But that's a huge "hell no" from me.

What about female genital mutilation? That's cultural. I will never agree that the practice is strictly the business of the practitioner. The same with the cultural practices of many Muslim countries where the punishment for stealing is amputation of the right hand, or execution for being homosexual. Maybe I'm over reacting but I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of total tolerance for the sake of being all inclusive. This isn't directed strictly at you, LJ but at anyone who feels the need to use a person's cultural beliefs as the gold standard for what's acceptable. Sorry but I used your post as a launch pad because it actually had the quote button visible. I agree with YOUR initial reaction of that punishment being abusive when done outside of a consensual kink type relationship.