Online now
Online now

Worship and Submission

Sir'smisty​(sub female)
2 years ago • Dec 21, 2021
Sir'smisty​(sub female) • Dec 21, 2021
I identify as a submissive, not a slave. In my vanilla world I am boss lady. That's important in reading my answer.

I think that worship is a word used for a specific a mindset rather than for specific actions. It needs a very specific context.

For me it happens when the flow of energy is right, my thoughts slow down and I am only aware of Him. For that time He is the absolute center of my universe, thoughts and adoration.

It doesn't happen in every play time. Defintely not in every interaction. However, it does happen.

P. S. Knowing what you can/will and cannot/will not do makes you a self-aware submissive. That's a good thing. And excellent thing even. It does not make you a bad submissive. šŸŒø
A Cloud​(sub female){Owned}
@Sir'smisty - I love this response! It recontextualises the act and grounds it in intention rather than abstracted language, which is key to conceptualising dynamics. I think we need to discuss terms with more of this framework as opposed to the semantics of language. šŸ§”

I agree 100% about Sir'smisty's take on worship. I cannot guarantee my worship but if I feel that level of adoration, whether it be cock, feet or the person, I want to worship. I think the man that inspires this is a man that does not request or require it. He needs it to be genuine and it can only be genuine when it's a response to feelings of such desire.

@CharBunny - you are the owner of your own titles. They do not define you; you define them. I would has it a guess that you submit beautifully in the bedroom and sit somewhere along the spectrum of submissiveness, which, in my opinion, like other loaded concepts with a single term, is broad.

Great discussion! I actually got excited.

āœŒļø
heartlesslover​(sub female)
My submission depends on the type of Dom Iā€™m involved with. Iā€™m aways eager to please, but my Dom definitely has to be good at what he does to get me to ā€˜worship the ground he walks onā€™ outside of playtime. Full submission is whatever the sub is comfortable with and wants it to be, in my opinion.
Zvengali
2 years ago • Dec 22, 2021
Zvengali • Dec 22, 2021
Reading this thread.....The so called "Lifestyle" as it was once known as. Is gone....It has but a slight resemblance of what it was even twenty years ago. Yes, I know things change. Time will change everything and the new will be created by the young. No one questions that. I can clearly see that the life I once knew is now gone. It is dead. Like that of a "dial telephone" and todays "cell phone" It has the same implications on the communication between people. Yet, looks nothing like it did. And so has this New AKA Lifestyle....BDSM life of the past, with all its etiquette and protocols and rituals. When everyone knew who they were. What their station is depending upon what you described yourself as. Dominant / Submissive / Slave.....Its dead. Kept alive by tiny few and in the memory of many. It now has a life of its own. The names of things has changed. The relationships have changed. The mindset is no longer what it was. Oh there are mild hints of the old life, but ever changing by the minute. Everyone from the top to the bottom, has their own idea of what they will call them self. Yes, I admit it is over. I am deeply saddened. Why shouldnt I be ? It is a life I have known for over forty years now. It has been my way of life day after day. I know with time, comes change. Doesnt mean I have to like it. The beauty of it is gone....I see a hazy resemblance of the former and latter.....Fifty Shades of Grayness. I submit myself to momentum of mediocrity.......

You win....its all of yours now.....

............. Zvengali
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
2 years ago • Dec 22, 2021
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male) • Dec 22, 2021
Zvengali you should post a new topic on how it was. Forty years ago I was eight so I have no idea. But I tell you this, I'm very interested in soaking up the knowledge and wisdom you've got. And hopefully you're willing to share.
Bunnie
2 years ago • Dec 23, 2021
Bunnie • Dec 23, 2021
Worship is the foundation of my style of submission. Reverence is the key word. I do tend naturally to see my Master as my ā€œGod.ā€ Perhaps because in a way, BDSM is a spiritual and philosophical practice for me. No, this doesnā€™t mean that Iā€™m unaware of the fallibility of Him as a human beingā€¦ it simply means that this is how I love. Adoration and devotion to an extreme level. Yes, that level of devotion is too much for many. Thatā€™s okā€¦ I donā€™t need to be the right fit for more than One icon_smile.gif
For me, there is a freedom in being given permission to love someone as much as my heart desires. There is a vulnerability in feeling like I can be completely transparent. There is a safety in knowing that Iā€™m not ā€œtoo muchā€ for that person. There is a comfort in finding the Yang to my yin, and in finding the balance and harmony to my style of relationship-ing.

Why am I like this? Iā€™ve no idea. The first boy I worshipped was when I was 5 years old, and I worshipped him until I graduated to high school. The only other person I have worshipped in my life like that was my ex-husband. I have shared my body with many men, however Iā€™ve only truly shared my heart and soul with two. I feel perhaps itā€™s a limited deal for me, because of the depth it goes to. The jury is still out on that oneā€¦

Ultimately, my point is, if this was ā€œyour styleā€ you would know. Itā€™s ok if itā€™s not. Responses above have already suggested youā€™re most definitely not alone. In fact, my observations over the years suggest perhaps you sit amongst the ā€œnorm.ā€ No, not desiring something that doesnā€™t feel right for you, doesnā€™t make you a ā€œbadā€ anything. As others have suggested, it makes you self aware and honest. Very valuable characteristics icon_smile.gif
    The most loved post in topic
BloodofSzekai​(dom male)
2 years ago • Dec 24, 2021
BloodofSzekai​(dom male) • Dec 24, 2021
This idea of a "rEaL sUb" or a "rEaL dOm" needs to go all together.

If you see what you do as submission.. and you find someone who sees what you do as submission.. it's submission.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Dec 24, 2021
BloodofSzekai wrote:
This idea of a "rEaL sUb" or a "rEaL dOm" needs to go all together.

If you see what you do as submission.. and you find someone who sees what you do as submission.. it's submission.

Or it's role play. Nothing wrong with role playing but don't confuse it with genuine dominance and submission.
BloodofSzekai​(dom male)
BloodofSzekai​(dom male) • Dec 24, 2021
WytchyWoman wrote:
Nothing wrong with role playing but don't confuse it with genuine dominance and submission.

Ohp! There is is again. Lol.