Online now
Online now

New Year's countdown of Dom red flags

Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
2 years ago • Dec 29, 2021
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male) • Dec 29, 2021
I have no problem with this post. In fact it can be very helpful. But counter this post with a sub red flag thread. Otherwise it comes off as all blame on one side. And we know that's only the half of it.
bigandsmall​(sub female)
bigandsmall​(sub female) • Dec 29, 2021
Dom Pinnacle wrote:
I have no problem with this post. In fact it can be very helpful. But counter this post with a sub red flag thread. Otherwise it comes off as all blame on one side. And we know that's only the half of it.

I agree that should be a thread as well, cause those like myself, will only reply to the specific content, not intending to single out but just in response. I will be the first to own up to my own ish, mistakes, and red flags that should have sent some of my earlier in life partners running for the hills. lol (I was so clueless at one point) The starting point to growth is accepting the problems within. THEY may not be the ones with the problem. lollllll

14. Never available during holidays
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
bigandsmall wrote:
Dom Pinnacle wrote:

I agree that should be a thread as well, cause those like myself, will only reply to the specific content, not intending to single out but just in response. I will be the first to own up to my own ish, mistakes, and red flags that should have sent some of my earlier in life partners running for the hills. lol (I was so clueless at one point) The starting point to growth is accepting the problems within. THEY may not be the ones with the problem. lollllll

14. Never available during holidays

Great response. Thank you. This is a great thread because there are shady types all over the place. If I had a daughter I'd teach her about the red flags of Doms and also direct her to conversations like this. And I'd do the same for my son.

If a man is never available during holidays, assume he's married or has a live-in girlfriend with kids. DO NOT listen to any excuse he has. Cut off all communication with him.
My Dear{Trust}
My Dear{Trust} • Dec 29, 2021
So... since this is posted in JUST FOR FUN... why can't we Just Have Fun with it? If you want a countering post, make one; and I will likely comment, and probably with what I've posted here!
Why Buzzkill or sit in judgement on something intended for fun?? (And as educational reminders.)
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
invisible me wrote:
So... since this is posted in JUST FOR FUN... why can't we Just Have Fun with it? If you want a countering post, make one; and I will likely comment, and probably with what I've posted here!
Why Buzzkill or sit in judgement on something intended for fun?? (And as educational reminders.)

Well, you gotta be careful with this one. If I did a post about how chicks are bat sh*t crazy and said it's all in fun, how would that be received? I get where you're coming from though. And I ain't mad at ya.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Dec 29, 2021
invisible me wrote:

I wondered the same.

13. Another huge red flag is a lack of a sense of humor. I need a man who can laugh out loud and act silly with me from time to time. A man who might make funny faces during a scene and even crack a joke occasionally. A great example of the how to *have fun* along with our kink.

(example: one of my ex husbands was superb at using humor to help me cope with pain when I was struggling. I wouldn't want to end a scene but I needed a temporary distraction to give me a breather and some time to process the sensations before continuing. Worked like a charm)
My Dear{Trust}
My Dear{Trust} • Dec 29, 2021
WytchyWoman wrote:

13. Another huge red flag is a lack of a sense of humor. I need a man who can laugh out loud and act silly with me from time to time. A man who might make funny faces during a scene and even crack a joke occasionally. A great example of the how to *have fun* along with our kink.

What a great point! Maybe this should be Red Flag #1... A Sense of Humor And playfulness is a definite MUST!
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Dec 29, 2021
invisible me wrote:
WytchyWoman wrote:

What a great point! Maybe this should be Red Flag #1... A Sense of Humor And playfulness is a definite MUST!

Dour and sour are such turnoffs. icon_wink.gif
shahh
2 years ago • Dec 30, 2021
shahh • Dec 30, 2021
Miki wrote:
I'll interrupt regular programming as only a sexual masochist, not a sub per se (disclaimer)

-- to remind everyone that doms aren't the only ones who fuck up dynamics or are barf-bags..

--------------------------------------------------

While this is a fun looking game, all should remember this in the name of fairness.

The detour here is unwelcomed, unappreciated and most definitely inappropriate. At no point was it indicated that any side of the slash or chosen not slash was more at fault than any other.
shahh
2 years ago • Dec 30, 2021
shahh • Dec 30, 2021
Dom Pinnacle wrote:

By all means start one of those. This is not that thread.