Online now
Online now

Gender identity ideology

dollMaker​(dom male)
1 year ago • Aug 25, 2022
dollMaker​(dom male) • Aug 25, 2022
simplylaura wrote:
@LadySusweca, thank you for providing emotional labor, despite ignorant questions. Trans women are women, just like short, butch, femme, right handed women are women. It's not a binary. You can be both a woman AND trans.

Re: LGBTQ+ folks having it very good and being accepted... Ask people (like me) who are having to rush to schedule a marriage before October because it's likely the Supreme Court will overturn federal marriage right. And queer and trans kids who are not being allowed to fully express themselves in school anymore or read about queer families. Things are better than 20 years ago but way worse than 5 years ago. Queer and trans people have been opened up for more harassment in the last 6 months than in a long time. Please don't minimize the struggles of a significant portion of the kink community.

I fear for the queer community in USA, it looks awful, and getting worse, scary how the push to go back to the 1950s is so strong, rolling the rights of women back, smashing LGBTQ+ human rights, banning books, and increasing racism, xenophobia. I hope you get things in place, and you both have a wonderful day.

Sadly the ‘What is a Woman’ BS is being thrown about on my side of the pond, surfacing during the recent and on going leadership battle for the Conservative party. TERF ideology being used to boost the credibility of the leadership. I just don’t understand how acknowledging and giving human rights to women and men who are trans is a threat to anyone, giving them the basic respect, dignity and medical care they need, deserve.

Women and men who are trans are women and men, its simple.
Jashine
1 year ago • Aug 26, 2022
Jashine • Aug 26, 2022
Update: the Tavistock clinic in the UK, a state-owned paediatric gender medicine facility, has been shut down. This is because people were starting to question why children were being castrated for the sake of an adult ideology. Trans activism is not simple but complex, and with far-reaching consequences.
dollMaker​(dom male)
1 year ago • Aug 27, 2022
dollMaker​(dom male) • Aug 27, 2022
You show your colours more clearly now.

The clinic in question was the only one for the entire UK, was grossly under funded, struggling to bring appropriate healthcare to young people who needed its services, in a building starting to fall apart, and rightly it failed a review. The medical system failed and as such way too many people had been let down, a review of services showed this up (why it took so long is down to a lack of interest coming from government) and a regional (England, Wales, Scotland, NI) model has been proposed to replace it, time will tell if funding is actually made available to bring appropriate healthcare to the increasing number of young people and adults who desperately need help.

If the physical, mental health, and well being of Trans people was being taken seriously, there would be no need for Trans people to protest and demand their human rights, no need for any kind of activism.
Jashine
Jashine • Aug 27, 2022
dollMaker wrote:
You show your colours more clearly now.

The clinic in question was the only one for the entire UK, was grossly under funded, struggling to bring appropriate healthcare to young people who needed its services, in a building starting to fall apart, and rightly it failed a review. The medical system failed and as such way too many people had been let down, a review of services showed this up (why it took so long is down to a lack of interest coming from government) and a regional (England, Wales, Scotland, NI) model has been proposed to replace it, time will tell if funding is actually made available to bring appropriate healthcare to the increasing number of young people and adults who desperately need help.

If the physical, mental health, and well being of Trans people was being taken seriously, there would be no need for Trans people to protest and demand their human rights, no need for any kind of activism.

What you think of me is irrelevant to this discussion, except insofar as ad hominems are not in keeping with the spirit of it.

You sidestep the issue of experimental child castration to opine about underfunding. You do not cite your sources. Are you aware of the Cass Report into the Tavistock, which was the driver for the clinic's closure after years of whistle-blowing? Dr Cass recommended that long-term outcomes be monitored, which the Gender Identity Development Service at the Tavistock was not doing. That doesn't seem like 'appropriate healthcare' to me. To quote from The Times: 'By moving the care of vulnerable, trans-identifying youngsters back into the NHS fold of mainstream children’s hospitals and shifting the focus away from interest groups obsessed with queer theory and back on to boring old things like evidence-based medicine and clinical research, Dr Cass has done these children and their families a great service... The full scale of the damage [the Tavistock] has done may never be known' ('Cass report vindicates years of concerns over Tavistock', Times, July 28 2022).

Generally speaking, those who support gender identity ideology don't seem to have considered, or are unwilling to consider, its far-reaching consequences, many of which are factually deleterious. Trans people need support, rather than an ideology imposed on them from activists. Helen Joyce:

'This powerful new lobby far outnumbers the trans people it claims to speak for. And it serves their interests very poorly. Its ideological focus means it seeks to silence anyone who does not support gender self-identification - which includes many post-operative transsexuals, who are under no illusion as to how much bodies matter... Its overreach is likely to provoke a backlash that will harm ordinary trans people, who simply want safety and social acceptance. When the general public finally realises what is being demanded, the blame may not land with the activists where it belongs.'

I have been consistent in my posts here that my concerns are to do with trans activism, rather than with trans people. It is a shame that some of those who support gender self-ID are unwilling or unable to get to grips with what I've been saying in these posts. I think this is because some people are more comfortable with beliefs rather than with facts.
simplylaura​(sub female){djinni}
Pardon me for replying with my feelings, but Jashine you continue to spout bullshit. I'm at an event with plenty of "trans activists" and activist and scholars with published peer reviewed articles right now so I quite frankly have no interest or time to refute your ongoing ignorance.

I will however, and I don't care if I get in trouble, continue to say you're full of shit and harmful and need to quit with your vitriol.
Jashine
1 year ago • Aug 28, 2022
Jashine • Aug 28, 2022
simplylaura wrote:
Pardon me for replying with my feelings, but Jashine you continue to spout bullshit. I'm at an event with plenty of "trans activists" and activist and scholars with published peer reviewed articles right now so I quite frankly have no interest or time to refute your ongoing ignorance.

I will however, and I don't care if I get in trouble, continue to say you're full of shit and harmful and need to quit with your vitriol.

I think I've been reasonable and logical with all my posts. If you can quote where I've been vitriolic here, I'd like to know. Otherwise quit with your tantrum.
simplylaura​(sub female){djinni}
The words you speak are literal vitriol. You are dangerous and toxic through the language you use and propaganda you spread.

I will not "stop my tantrum" because people like you are responsible for the deaths of queer and trans kids and adults. Stop posting in this thread. You are spreading lies.
Solace​(dom male)
Solace​(dom male) • Aug 28, 2022
Recal that this is an opportunity for conversation. Conversation whose purpose is the exchange of ideas.

Whether I agree with Jashine or not, I found them calm, logical and open for discourse. Regrettably the same is not returned. There is no value in this tact. No changing of ideals or behavior will occur.

If ones goals are not to eloquate why another is incorrect in a fashion that convinces them or other individuals...there is no reason for utterance. Calls for silence are no better, leaving violence as the final resolution. Violence which does not decide who is right, merely who is left.

Elevate your standards and rise to the challenge of respectful and convincing rhetoric. Cogent discussion requires this. Otherwise please remain on the sidelines and refrain from misrepresenting your ideals with diatribes rather than convincing others to share your thoughts.