Online now
Online now

s types engaging a D type

Zelia
1 year ago • Sep 10, 2022
Zelia • Sep 10, 2022
In reply to the question about using titles in every day life, that’s up to you. It’s not commonplace amongst my peers but am aware that in some places in the US it is.

Calling Dom that you don’t know Sir is, in my opinion, incredibly entitled and can be disrespectful; the diametric opposite of what was intended.

If someone calls my Master Sir I’d like to hope they had asked Him for consent prior to doing so. Being permitted to use a title when addressing Him is something I earned over time, it’s not something I would expect from a random sub. If He had consented to someone using a title in conversation with Him it’s almost certainly something He would have discussed with me.

I’m able to tolerate it because it’s not my place to address issues of that nature but I would fully expect Him to address it. Conversely I have been addressed as Ma’am on other platforms and it makes me very uncomfortable. It’s not part of my culture and I have asked that I’m only addressed using my name.

It’s always worth being mindful of how others feel in addition to how you might feel.
B L O N D I E​(sub female)
B L O N D I E​(sub female) • Sep 10, 2022
I appreciate what you're saying, Alias. I think what you mean is that it would make you uncomfortable in a BDSM context. I doubt it would make you uncomfortable if a waiter in a restaurant or a valet at a hotel called your Master Sir. In a BDSM context such as a party or munch, I doubt it would make you uncomfortable if you knew that the other sub was under a direct order from her Master to address all men as Sir. It isn't intended as presumption to usurp your role as your Master's slave.
Defender​(dom male)
Defender​(dom male) • Sep 10, 2022
OK, so I am English and will not comment on other cultures.
Nor will I get too irritated if strangers randomly call me "Sir."

However, I can say with come certainty that I am not comfortable being called Sir (or sir) in any context, other than from a submissive female with whom I am striking up a D/s conversation.
And only then when she "feels" it.

Sir from those such as a waiter, waitress or some individual in a "Customer Service Department" (what a misnomer!) is just slightly better than "Mister," nothing more.
It is meaningless.

(And don't you just know that the waitress who just called you sir, has gone back into the kitchen and said "That person at table 2 is an idiot!")

😈
Zelia
Zelia • Sep 10, 2022
HisCora wrote:
I appreciate what you're saying, Alias. I think what you mean is that it would make you uncomfortable in a BDSM context. I doubt it would make you uncomfortable if a waiter in a restaurant or a valet at a hotel called your Master Sir. In a BDSM context such as a party or munch, I doubt it would make you uncomfortable if you knew that the other sub was under a direct order from her Master to address all men as Sir. It isn't intended as presumption to usurp your role as your Master's slave.

Yes I was referring to subs calling Doms Sir in the context of the lifestyle.
Events are slightly different and it would depend entirely upon the protocols and expectations outlined in advance.
I don’t think it’s ever intended as an effort to usurp my role as my Master’s slave. We discussed this, this morning, nobody actually uses a title with Him outside of a dynamic. What it actually looks like to me is, inexperience, entitlement, a lack of respect and a lack of understanding of the meaning behind honorifics in general. In short I think it looks a bit silly.
MasterDomDok​(sadist male){you?}
HisCora Wrote:
...the other sub was under a direct order from her Master to address all men as Sir....

What were the instructions about calling male subs by such an honorific? Somehow I expect said submale would be most uncomfortable, am I wrong, here? Would its Domme expect such or would she step in?

Sure wish I had a sub to talk this shit over with.
Chalybe​(dom male)
Chalybe​(dom male) • Sep 10, 2022
MasterDomDok wrote:
HisCora Wrote:
...the other sub was under a direct order from her Master to address all men as Sir....

What were the instructions about calling male subs by such an honorific? Somehow I expect said submale would be most uncomfortable, am I wrong, here? Would its Domme expect such or would she step in?

That's what struck me about this - it is kind of imposing your kink on other people. If someone other than my sub calls me that they get corrected. Not my kink, thanks.

No one but my sub has earned the right to call me "Daddy" or "Sir", and not until I have earned it from her. Similarly if someone comes up to me and says "I am grand master muckety muck, bringer of darkness" I am going to laugh right in their face. "I thought your name was Bob." If a person is that full of themselves that they think everyone in the scene must address them with honorifics, they are either a clueless newb or a narcissist. Neither of which deserve my respect.

I do not like to be called "Sir" out in vanilla world, even though "Sir/Maam" is very common here in the south. So I end up constantly correcting people - "Thanks, but my name is Chalybe, not sir". "Please just call me Chalybe". All are equal in this world, if I deserve respect I'll earn it thankyouverymuch.