Online now
Online now

What do you think of people that do not read profiles?

Notely
10 months ago • Jun 20, 2023
Notely • Jun 20, 2023
Other things when they may read a profile but skip but try to mix it up lure you into their thing. Just if gal is sub bottom and sub guy's message, they think some subs will change for them not going to happen. They use a excuse saying they are looking for a female lead long term that still a Domme thing has nothing to even do with mine. People have to put not looking some people can't read. It crosses a fine line if women is submissive is full submissive they will not change for this. It's best these sub guys go after the Domme's and Mistresses or Switch they need to learn you can't force things or connect it just not acceptable they should know better. Not the same not the same thier's no compatibility.
Miki
Miki • Jun 20, 2023
I should have added..

If one aproaches another without having read their profiles.. Yes to forgive is OK but for their part, if disappointed.. they have only themselves to blame.

That's why we have profiles!
Miki
Miki • Jun 20, 2023
i am looking wrote:
I believe that I’m actually speaking and seeing in my profile, the truth of how I feel as a sub, but because I’m new to the dynamic I’m doing the best I can and some people don’t like my profile maybe instead of criticizing me they should help me and guide me so I can be a better submissive for my future goddess

Dude, in your case, pack a thick skin and truckloads of patience because while there is totally nothing wrong with you, the ratio of male subs to willing and looking Dommes is... horrifying.
M_Julian​(dom male)
M_Julian​(dom male) • Jun 20, 2023
When someone puts informations in their profile, they make effort to do it and they consider it is relevant to know that about them (maybe for you it is not that relevant but for them it is).
It is quite disrespectful not to take time to read those informations (even more if you ask for them in the first messages of the conversation...).
Still there is one situation when I think one should be tolerant about that: when you modify your profile when the conversation has already started. I confess I don't have a look everyday to the profiles of the people I speak with...
Miki
Miki • Jun 20, 2023
Guys.. please. A profile is exactly that. The basics.

My profile is just that because I am "not looking" . Just some necessary info about me and that I will always be anyone's friend in here

As for cyber security cops and all that shit., Not needed here. Post Profile Make Friends.. Never Discuss Money until you meet IRL.
Miki
Miki • Jun 20, 2023
TopekaDom wrote:
No one informed me there would be reading during this attempt at mating ritual. I really don't have time to do any research, as I have some serious knuckle dragging to do.

Keep it up, Cave Man.. It's all good...

But as Picard said to Data on Star Trek TNG: "Get Rid of That Damned Pipe!"
Sasa​(dom female)
Sasa​(dom female) • Jun 20, 2023
I don't care a lot, but I read the tiny messages if it's happening and delete them. In my world aren't so many pushy horny trolls. Most men are very friendly and open to a chat without kink.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
A nod towards Sweetlydepraved's point about "haughtiness." my experience with those who do not read profiles is/has been primarily with scammers, so my frustration probably bleeds over and some of my expressed views on the topic more general than they should be. Apologies for that, i do not want to be haughty.

That said, i do not think the comparison of online to IRL is apples to apples. i do not see online as comparable to being at a bar. To me, it's more like applying for a position and the profile is a resume' of sorts. What motivates us to "interview" a person? Online the written word is often a factor that is not necessary IRL. What attracts us to a person and motivates us to attempt to engage with them? Much of communication is non verbal, we respond consciously and unconsciously to visual and non-verbal cues. IRL, when a person is literally in front of us, those aspects are alive and animated. In a profile, if there is an actual picture of the person, it's a frozen moment in time, so it does not convey what an animated, living person does. There's no verbal or tonal cues, no coy or suggestive looks or expressions we can see as a reaction to us approaching them. To me a profile cannot compare with IRL, lacking the visual and tonal cues. Using a profile, i think we have to put even more effort if we want to have a similar effect at attracting another. I.e., trying to put some tone and cues into the written word and the pictures we present.

i see a profile is an attempt to present a tiny slice of our self for others to respond to, and without one, it seems we are 'virtually' invisible.

Also, if we're going to be real and honest here, when was the last time any of us saw or read a profile that was as long as a chapter in a book lol? i just finished reading a book series. There were 14 books with an average of 700 pages per book, and the chapters were typically 30-40 pages. i have yet to read a profile online that even approached the equivalent of one page of a book. Of course, more recent history has introduced texting, and there is now a whole generation or two who have had texting as a standard form of communication, so that may be part of the evolutionary mix?

The bottom line for me, more often than not, is when someone approaches me and has not taken 5 minutes to read my profile (that's about how long it takes to read my profile, and i'm a slow reader), it leaves me wondering why they are approaching me in the first place? If it's not something they read, what else is there? my pic? If someone is attracted by my picture, i would think that would be impetus to read my profile/intro to see if i'm attractive to them beyond looks?

Which takes me back to my original point, most of the guys who approach me having not read my profile have been scammers or guys who just wanna wank or hook... which is fine if they are up front about it. What really frustrates me is the scammers, and they are plethora online, so for me my profile has become a way to weed those guys out, because they pretty much never read a profile, they are just phishing.
jkillaaa​(sub female)
jkillaaa​(sub female) • Jun 20, 2023
i am looking wrote:
I did not create that account and I think any half ass cyber security company can’t follow the digital print and trace who created the account this is not just invasion of privacy. This is criminal and it would be treated as such by the government. I’ve only push the envelope by creating this fake profile or an account that I did not create so I can collect some more evidence which I did anyhow, it’s not up to me or them. It’s going to be up to the government having said that I’m gonna let you guys go now. Enjoy your evening and enjoy your gloating while it last what a terrible human being you are you have no morals.

Lolol wut
Sweetlydepraved​(masochist female){Owned}
tallslenderguy wrote:
A nod towards Sweetlydepraved's point about "haughtiness." my experience with those who do not read profiles is/has been primarily with scammers, so my frustration probably bleeds over and some of my expressed views on the topic more general than they should be. Apologies for that, i do not want to be haughty.

That said, i do not think the comparison of online to IRL is apples to apples. i do not see online as comparable to being at a bar. To me, it's more like applying for a position and the profile is a resume' of sorts. What motivates us to "interview" a person? Online the written word is often a factor that is not necessary IRL. What attracts us to a person and motivates us to attempt to engage with them? Much of communication is non verbal, we respond consciously and unconsciously to visual and non-verbal cues. IRL, when a person is literally in front of us, those aspects are alive and animated. In a profile, if there is an actual picture of the person, it's a frozen moment in time, so it does not convey what an animated, living person does. There's no verbal or tonal cues, no coy or suggestive looks or expressions we can see as a reaction to us approaching them. To me a profile cannot compare with IRL, lacking the visual and tonal cues. Using a profile, i think we have to put even more effort if we want to have a similar effect at attracting another. I.e., trying to put some tone and cues into the written word and the pictures we present.

i see a profile is an attempt to present a tiny slice of our self for others to respond to, and without one, it seems we are 'virtually' invisible.

Also, if we're going to be real and honest here, when was the last time any of us saw or read a profile that was as long as a chapter in a book lol? i just finished reading a book series. There were 14 books with an average of 700 pages per book, and the chapters were typically 30-40 pages. i have yet to read a profile online that even approached the equivalent of one page of a book. Of course, more recent history has introduced texting, and there is now a whole generation or two who have had texting as a standard form of communication, so that may be part of the evolutionary mix?

The bottom line for me, more often than not, is when someone approaches me and has not taken 5 minutes to read my profile (that's about how long it takes to read my profile, and i'm a slow reader), it leaves me wondering why they are approaching me in the first place? If it's not something they read, what else is there? my pic? If someone is attracted by my picture, i would think that would be impetus to read my profile/intro to see if i'm attractive to them beyond looks?

Which takes me back to my original point, most of the guys who approach me having not read my profile have been scammers or guys who just wanna wank or hook... which is fine if they are up front about it. What really frustrates me is the scammers, and they are plethora online, so for me my profile has become a way to weed those guys out, because they pretty much never read a profile, they are just phishing.

I feel that you’ve missed my point entirely and I apologize for the lack of clarity.

I am not comparing real life to online apples to apples, but I am saying that a profile means next to nothing compared to actual engagement. I can see why you interpreted my message erroneously, but there is a level of truth to it. Making an assumption based on the level of information an individual chooses to provide (eyeing Topeka) and accusing them of a lack of seriousness is, again, a fallacy.

I don’t want someone coming in thinking they know anything about me. I want to see how they handle a situation without knowing, it speaks to their level of intelligence, in my opinion.

I disagree that one can not read cues and nuances in text. It is plainly evident while holding a text conversation that a persons response time, use of punctuation, and effort in answering a question thoughtfully are social cues in their own right, among others. By being receptive and perceptive it is rather easy to come to a conclusion within a reasonable bit of time. I see it as a wasted opportunity to disregard someone before you ever speak to them, I see it as a wasted chance to engage with someone who may end up being your best friend, or in my case, my lifetime mate.

You also failed to pick up my sarcasm about profiles basically being a chapter in a book. However, I actually have stumbled on some that end up being a 15 minute read. Anything over 250 words is ridiculous, in my opinion. It is supposed to be a snippet, not an autobiography.

It doesn’t matter that most people are scammers, what matters are the ones who are not.