Online now
Online now

Sadistic Disciplinarian

tallslenderguy​(other male)
6 months ago • Oct 23, 2023
Sololoquy wrote:

Yes, I'm doing this solo. I tend to be pretty adept at compartmentalising different parts of me and seeing the intersectionality between different facets. I just have a tonne of information here to process through trial and error first to get to a point of more clarity. I feel dominant and I feel submissive. Both are parts of who I am. I can choose to engage/activate my more dominant side or I can choose to engage/activate my more submissive side, and in a session, this can happen back and forth in relatively quick succession (my recent blog post #32, for example, is about 95% true to life - there are certain aspects that won't have happened exactly as written because there is technically just me, but where there is a little liberty taken to smooth over the fact there isn't physically a second person there, psychologically, it's still an accurate representation of those moments).

When it comes to what I want/need on both sides, for about 95% of all my kink preferences, they are in step with each other. I love being the spanker and the spankee, the rigger and the rope bunny, the degrader and the degradee. The very few activities where my preferences are not symmetrical are where my actual tolerance on the receiving side is lower than it is in fantasy. So in terms of desires, at least, they are basically 100% symmetrical.

That means that all solo activities I engage in can either be perceived just as myself as I am (a neutron - nice analogy!), or I can tap into perceiving the experience as the sadist, the degrader, the disciplinarian etc (a proton), or I can tap into perceiving it as the masochist, the degradee, the disciplined etc. (an electron).

I certainly see how someone like myself could be tricky for others to partner with because of this versatility, especially as I couldn't commit to only being one side of the slash forever. I might be happy to commit to being the dom for a long time, but if that means never getting to be the sub ever again, I would miss that experience. I've actually had more opportunity to be the sub in my sex life as a whole and being a dom is actually more the challenge.

I get a lot of energy from myself. I enjoy spending quality time with myself, understanding what's going on inside, learning new things. And yes, I am sociable as well and value relationships with others, but I find actually being in a romantic and sexual relationship with another person, while theoretically possible if I found a really good match, is not something I want or need right now and haven't done in several years. I feel fundamentally dichotomous and enjoy the challenge of mastering the balance between contrasting parts of myself.

For once in probably my whole life, I am starting to feel real physical intimacy with myself and a connection with myself as a sexual being, and harking back to my earlier point, it is actually the dom side of me in particular that has felt the most unexpressed and restricted all this time.

Being open with myself about my sadistic desires means shining a light on the darkest parts of me, which now feels possible after a very long journey dealing with depression and anxiety. And doing this solo whilst adopting this dual perception (proton/electron) rather than keeping it all integrated (neutron), is allowing my dom side greater agency and expression. Rather than being a vague shadow in my psyche bound up in secret shame, it can be given form and accepted for what it is with self-love. That is for me profoundly energising.

I fully appreciate that it isn't for everyone though. We each have our own journey and I respect that yours is not a solo path. Your perspective is still very much appreciated, so thank you icon_smile.gif

Wow, fascinating captain!

For myself (not applying this to you or making a judgment) my take on self realization, self knowledge is two fold. i think introspection, looking and listening to oneself is a vital component of self understanding/knowledge/realization. i also think that we see, discover, who and how we are in relationship with others. That others may see things about us that we may miss (for whatever reason/s) from our sole perspective. i see humanity as individual parts of a whole. i see us as connected to each other, while being individually contained.
These ideas formulated for me as carry over from my religious past ('christian'). There's a portion in the christian bible in I Corintians 13 that has stuck with me and is foundational for me in this. Paraphrasing from the King James (KJ) Translation: "we know and see in part... we see through a glass darkly."
This resonates with me to this day. i love this version because it's layered to me. In KJ time, glass was thick and distorted, so whether one was using it as a mirror for self reflection, or looking at someone else through it, what one saw was "in part," was imperfect.
i reason that neither my self perception or someone else's perception of me is ever going to be complete, perfect, without the flaws and distortion inherent in all of us. When it comes to self realization, i'm going to see things others may miss, and others are going to see things i may miss and part of the challenge of living is putting it all together.
i see what you are doing solo (and to me, in extremis) as a marvelous example of self reflection, and that if and when you were to extend that with another person, you would bring a lot to the table to share.
i see being somewhere in the middle of the spectrum as more challenging when it comes to relationship with another. Less so if one is like your self and can choose, but still.... i think it more probable, accessible with opposites to find places to connect, if for no other reason than their needs/desires are not fluid in a way where their gonna "switch." As i see it, in a versatile person, if one suddenly switches, and the other doesn't, the connection is lost... so bonding is harder and maybe less stable?
LordofPain56
6 months ago • Oct 24, 2023
LordofPain56 • Oct 24, 2023
I call myself a sadist mainly, but if a punishment is warranted, my disciplinarian mode overrides my sadistic mindset to the point that I do not obtain pleasure from administering a punishment. She would know this beforehand, which should make the punishment much more painful for her (at least mentally).
It's not something I have to mentally turn on or off, it is just naturally that way.
The whole point of giving a punishment is to instill within her a desire to avoid breaking the rules again.
I do care if she obeys. I would hope that she would never break the rules (especially not the same ones over and over again).
Ever heard the old saying; "this is gonna hurt me more than it does you" ?