Online now
Online now

Do You Copy & Paste?

WhatamIfightingfor​(dom male)
5 months ago • Dec 20, 2023
I may start many conversations with the same subject, but I don't even copy paste that. A phrase or sentence of something I wrote and want to share sure, if it is something silly. Large pieces of conversation? Nope. I rarely if ever use predictive text apart from spelling.
Defender​(dom male)
Defender​(dom male) • Dec 20, 2023
No. I never copy and paste.

But as some Doms have already alluded to, it is wearing to constantly be "typing Shakespeare into a vaccuum" - due to the absence of any kind of reply.

Not even a "Thanks, but no thanks".🤐

Thus the temptation grows to copy and paste, or merely type one-liners....

What we should bear in mind is that both sides of the slash have their own problems.
tallslenderguy​(other male)

Re: Do You Copy & Paste?

SnowMinx wrote:
Be honest with me. Those that are seeking a partner, do you have a copy and paste message that you send out?

Do you think this is acceptable or not? I'm bored, can we have a healthy debate? 👀

I personally take the time to write something unique and I expect the same effort. But maybe I'm fooling myself. 🤔 Is copy & paste the norm?

my short answer is "no, i don't have a copy and paste message i send out."

i have profiles, and on a dating site i frequent, it frequently gets updated.

i've received copy&paste messages. my first response is always to go to the writers profile, if it's empty my usual feel is the sender is a scammer. i suspect there are legit people out there who have virtually no profile and attempt connection through messaging, but to me there's a vital disconnect in that method.
Why are they sending the message to me in the first place? i cannot relate to someone randomly approaching me when i have taken the time and made the effort to put a part of myself out there.

With that said, when it comes to "seeking a partner," i haven't gotten much of anything online. my experience is with gay guys, but i find those who take the time to put a piece of their self in a profile is rare... maybe 10%. Those who initiate contact, maybe 1%. Those who respond to a personal message, about 5%.

Of course, that's just my personal experience, not something that can be applied universally. The reality is i may not be attractive to numbers higher than that. But any effort i make is a custom made and personal to try and respond or reach out to that person as an individual.
TobyRB​(sub male)
4 months ago • Dec 22, 2023
TobyRB​(sub male) • Dec 22, 2023
I really thought about making a text few-style, but I decided against it because it just doesn't fit most of the time.

So no, I have never used or done it.
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
4 months ago • Dec 23, 2023
Sincorrigible​(sub female) • Dec 23, 2023
*Facepalm

Don't get it. At all. And the funniest thing ever is when you say thank you but no thank you. And a couple of months later get the same cut and paste opening.

I think maybe I take the approach that I begin a dialogue based on something. A forum post. A blog. A comment on the profile or pictures. I view people very much as individuals, and treat them accordingly.

But, and this matters, for men in a dating environment , it's a numbers game. Why waste the effort? A one in ten response is worth the cut and paste approach. Just never forget fellas, that most women don't like cold callers.
Heero​(dom male)
Heero​(dom male) • Dec 23, 2023
Sincorrigible wrote:
*Facepalm

Don't get it. At all. And the funniest thing ever is when you say thank you but no thank you. And a couple of months later get the same cut and paste opening.

I think maybe I take the approach that I begin a dialogue based on something. A forum post. A blog. A comment on the profile or pictures. I view people very much as individuals, and treat them accordingly.

But, and this matters, for men in a dating environment , it's a numbers game. Why waste the effort? A one in ten response is worth the cut and paste approach. Just never forget fellas, that most women don't like cold callers.
Yes, I agree with the opening for sure. It also proves you read their profile and put some thought into your opening. Which, assuming you get a response--you don't always--it puts you ahead of the "competition".

But yes, I don't think the ladies or those with "female" in their profile tend to appreciate how fierce the competition is for the other genders. On a very real level, it is a numbers game.

And this is one of my main theories as to why unsolicited dick pics became, and still are, a thing. Because even to me it didn't make sense at first and I would never think to do such a thing in a million years. But sending 100 copies of a single dick pic is easier than coming up with 20 thoughtful messages. And in the end, you would probably get the same number of "successful" responses from both enterprises. And that will skew in favor of the dick pics over time.
Miki
Miki • Dec 23, 2023
It depends.

As I very seldom "reach out", and even then it is not to "start a situation""

Relationships outside of platonic-- totally not my thing, never was..

Anyway on forms and shit, sure, or to quote a forum post or message (omitting identifying information) .

But even if I ever reach out, it's "one at a time", so copy and paste- wouldn't apply..

I am, however, tempted to copy, save to Notepad and paste-as-needed : "Thank you for writing, but it's Friends Only""

Hell, I even want to print up tee shirts with that well-used phrase, simply because dudes write without noticing that tit says I am not looking at or near the top of my profile.

-----------------------------------------

The same with the other well-worn phrase I end up using "No phone numbers or additional pics" because to do so lends the impression I could change my mind if they badger me enough.

Also with the phone thing.. no personal info. That and I can text but I cannot talk ,so I only use half the phone's functions.

Same with chatting. Those suck the proverbial bag. I get bored with them quickly, waiting in front of a computer with my finger up my ass (figuratively speaking) for replies or trying to compose intelligent converse..
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
4 months ago • Dec 24, 2023
Sincorrigible​(sub female) • Dec 24, 2023
CageOwner wrote:

I would go as far as saying putting in a big effort has been negatively correlated to “success”.
My theory is: if you heat up a cheeseburger for someone and they get all excited the summit is near. If you need to cook someone a 4 course meal to get a simple nod (and they wouldn’t have accepted less than that just to nod) you still have a Mount Everest to climb.

This is fascinating to me. I cannot think of any other sphere, outside of dating, where one would say this. In everything in which I have invested great effort, the result is 'success', though that may be defined in many ways.

It implies two things maybe: you cannot necessarily set goals that involve other people, and you need to be self aware.

Dating is a funny one, because it begins as generic, especially in an online environment, long before it is about a specific person. Fascinating.