Online now
Online now

Do You Copy & Paste?

lilbrattybutterfly​(sub female)
4 months ago • Dec 28, 2023
No, because if I do send out random messages it's because something in the profile has caught my attention and interest and that is what I comment on when sending a message. Sending a mass random message is just icky.
TomDLux​(sadist male)

Re: Do You Copy & Paste?

TomDLux​(sadist male) • Dec 28, 2023
SnowMinx wrote:
IronWorld wrote:
I've used them in the past for the same reason that I use them for job applications. It's efficient and better than trying to start an original conversation for each profile I see. I had a pretty good one, too. It got me an interested response from one in eight letters sent. Besides, I dont change for each individual submissive, I don't see why I should change my opening dialogue?

I also find the ones that complain the most about copypaste introductions tend to have nothing in their profiles to start conversations with anyway. The complaints I have had tended to derive from an entitlement of investment and effort, which pre-relationship, seems presumptuous.

Hmmmm. And if a sub copies and pastes to you, then I assume that's alright too? The investment of time and effort should be reciprocal should it not? I've never quite considered it entitlement lol

I think the point is that men, usually, send out initial messages, which may or may not get a response at all. Is it worth it to come up with a masterpiece, which may not even be read? Once you have a conversation going, then hopefully the conversation will inspire the response.
SnowMinx​(sub female){Owned}

TomDLux wrote:
SnowMinx wrote:
IronWorld wrote:
I've used them in the past for the same reason that I use them for job applications. It's efficient and better than trying to start an original conversation for each profile I see. I had a pretty good one, too. It got me an interested response from one in eight letters sent. Besides, I dont change for each individual submissive, I don't see why I should change my opening dialogue?

I also find the ones that complain the most about copypaste introductions tend to have nothing in their profiles to start conversations with anyway. The complaints I have had tended to derive from an entitlement of investment and effort, which pre-relationship, seems presumptuous.

Hmmmm. And if a sub copies and pastes to you, then I assume that's alright too? The investment of time and effort should be reciprocal should it not? I've never quite considered it entitlement lol

I think the point is that men, usually, send out initial messages, which may or may not get a response at all. Is it worth it to come up with a masterpiece, which may not even be read? Once you have a conversation going, then hopefully the conversation will inspire the response.

Women also send out messages that may or may not be read at all. Shall none of us be original or put in effort because we assume there wont be a response? Kind of defeats the purpose of meeting people doesnt it
I'mME
4 months ago • Dec 29, 2023
I'mME • Dec 29, 2023
Sincorrigible wrote:
CageOwner wrote:

I would go as far as saying putting in a big effort has been negatively correlated to “success”.
My theory is: if you heat up a cheeseburger for someone and they get all excited the summit is near. If you need to cook someone a 4 course meal to get a simple nod (and they wouldn’t have accepted less than that just to nod) you still have a Mount Everest to climb.

This is fascinating to me. I cannot think of any other sphere, outside of dating, where one would say this. In everything in which I have invested great effort, the result is 'success', though that may be defined in many ways.

It implies two things maybe: you cannot necessarily set goals that involve other people, and you need to be self aware.

Dating is a funny one, because it begins as generic, especially in an online environment, long before it is about a specific person. Fascinating.

I don't understand what a summit is? In regards to the cheeseburger?
I meant to get back before now and ask, been under the weather.
Heero​(dom male)
4 months ago • Dec 29, 2023
Heero​(dom male) • Dec 29, 2023
I'mME wrote:

There is a mixture of metaphors going on here. Getting to the summit here kind of means getting to a point where the conversation "pays off". Making a cheeseburger vs making a 4 course meal are just different kinds of strategies for conversation/messaging.

So CO was saying, if someone gets excited over the cheeseburger-level conversation, then you're closer to having the conversation pay off than someone who isn't impressed with a 4 course meal-level conversation. The idea being getting a better result with less work and knowing that it's working earlier.
I'mME
4 months ago • Dec 30, 2023
I'mME • Dec 30, 2023
SnowMinx wrote:
Nitrev wrote:
Eh. What constitutes copy paste? A word for word generic prompt ctrl+C/ctrl+V to every person? Some sites do offer features like that such as mass email 'icebreakers' to promote your profile. What about templating, where you use a recurring prompt but change around some words for the specific person? I think that depends on how focused it is too.

For me I think it really depends on what is there that I can make a conversation out of. I already don't message a lot of people, but for the ones I have I've felt a keen interest and put in the effort to show I read their profile and think we may match. You can't well template what about someone's profile interests you because everyone has their own niches that garner attraction/interest, and everyone has a different prose for conveying it in their profile. To respond with something generic would feel impersonal to somebody you're trying to woo, and they'd probably catch it right away. We all know when you haven't read the profile first. For people that show an interest in me, like liking my profile, it's a great way to increase their visibility as well, but if there's no content on their profile, is it copy paste/templating to ask them the same question about what interests they had in me? Personally, I don't think it is to ask the same question, and if there's no information to go off, there's nothing else to really say, and I just don't message profiles with no information unless it is a reply to their initial contact.

IronWorld wrote:

The only way any rational man could hold onto any level of self worth is to cast as wide a net as possible to as many potential candidates as possible.

This is unhinged lol reciprocity is important, and how is casting a wide net retaining self worth

Im actually so pleased that more people posted here. And that not everyone disagrees with being original and putting in effort. icon_smile.gif

Oh No, I didn't even realize until , oh idk, the last 2 years or so, that people (male Doms ) engaged in that. It made me look at messages differently.

@SnowMinx I enjoy your forum questions/discussions, I see your humor, your good nature.

Some of the answers involving the numbers theory, I have heard in different discussions, various platforms. People, who are not willing (from the get-go) to treat other people as individual human beings, choosing instead to view them as A NUMBER, much like how one would think about a group of lab mice, the lab tech would assign numbers.

It's fascinating how many different situations, some form of this theory pops up.
CapnRick​(dom male)
CapnRick​(dom male) • Dec 30, 2023
Bingo, Snow!
Crafting introductory messages is a challenge. For me, copy/paste seems to disrespect the potential partner by not giving my best effort.

I do understand Cage Owner's point about including unchanging personal data as a cut and paste. Perhaps he send way more intro notes than I do, so that efficiency looms more important.

It is all about the reaching out, trying to create some spark of interest, however it gets done....
bdsamworld
bdsamworld • Dec 30, 2023
I copy and paste certain things. Like ASL and what I look like. Other than that I like to write something specific to what the other person has written. Like mentioning the same kinks we have, or hey we're close by, what do you think of this area? Something to let them know #1 I'm not a bot and #2 you put time and effort into typing up an ad or a message I'm going to do the same. I hate the messages from people who don't even pay attention to your profile or ad. They just message.
I'mME

I'mME • Dec 30, 2023
TomDLux wrote:
SnowMinx wrote:
IronWorld wrote:

TomDLux,

"Is it worth it to come up with a masterpiece, which may not even be read?"

I'm speaking/writing my thoughts, meaning it's not a blanket statement.

I don't expect a masterpiece from a man, I might would question whether it was a copy & paste. 🤣
I'mME
I'mME • Dec 30, 2023
Heero wrote:
I'mME wrote:

There is a mixture of metaphors going on here. Getting to the summit here kind of means getting to a point where the conversation "pays off". Making a cheeseburger vs making a 4 course meal are just different kinds of strategies for conversation/messaging.

So CO was saying, if someone gets excited over the cheeseburger-level conversation, then you're closer to having the conversation pay off than someone who isn't impressed with a 4 course meal-level conversation. The idea being getting a better result with less work and knowing that it's working earlier.

Heero,
Thanks for explaining the summit comment.
If someone considers easy chatting with another, work, I would venture to say, they probably are not a match. I realize men have strategies, I realize women have strategies.

It's about letting just a touch of realness (vulnerability) shine through, people might just be surprised at what the result would be.