Online now
Online now

Thoughts on the new Seeking feature?

Knightsundere​(sub male)
1 week ago • Apr 23, 2024

Thoughts on the new Seeking feature?

Knightsundere​(sub male) • Apr 23, 2024
Didn't see a thread for this, very sorry if it's meant to be discussed somewhere else.
It's a cool idea, not too drastic of an overhaul. Updating personal ads lent itself to some sort of daily upkeep and that was a little.. desperate, I think. Probably encouraged people to be more anxious about getting into new conversations with someone "finally". Having a more passive source that encourages interaction (advertisement, if you will) with the community to have the Seeking be noticed will probably be beneficial in the long run.
I'm a little unsure if I'm meant to put my entire "pitch" that would normally go in an Ad in there, though. It seems like it's meant for just a short few words, since on the Seeking page it's so limited in size? But then, is the Seeking page meant to be used for browsing? Or maybe the entire point is for that aspect to be a suboptimal way of finding friends/partners and conversation within the threads and through the profile discovery to be the intended.

Curious what others think :>
Regardless, love that the site is being updated and tweaked. I think it's in a great spot to expand farther/faster but, I'm sure that's an opinion shared by everyone lmao.
    The most loved post in topic
fluffypoppet​(sub female){Protected}
I love how concise the seeking ads are.
I love how easy it is to identify who is seeking.
I love to see what people are looking for and how many different things people are interested in (friends, D/s, online etc.)

It is definitely browseable.
It definitely encourages more interaction with profiles... given the number of people I think DON'T read profiles, it is nice to have elements designed to funnel people back to othe information they need.

It is such a very cool solution and it seems seamless.

And I do look forward to seeing what comes next. icon_smile.gif
Squeedoodle​(sub trans woman){Taken}
I like that it's opt-in, so it only activates on my profile if I choose for it to.

I don't find the browsing page super useful personally, other than to satisfy curiosity. But I kinda like seeing the little blurbs at the tops of people's profiles. If nothing else it can kind of act as a summary for the (hopefully longer) profile, at least in some cases.
The Number one Sir​(dom male)
I like it, I found the old personals pretty much were sections copied from people's profile pages anyway and having to bump them up manually was a bit clunky.

I think one improvement would be to display some kind of icon or tell (maybe change the color of the username to green or red) on someone's username showing they are 'seeking' if the checkbox is selected, rather than having to click any username to see if they are seeking or not
Miki
1 week ago • Apr 24, 2024
Miki • Apr 24, 2024
Have not opted in... I just want ordinary convo, not seeking anyone, but to me it's probably a cleaner, neater repackaged version of the decades old "personals ads". But I for one appreciate the effort they put in to develop it.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Apr 24, 2024
I don’t like that its inclusion has meant profile avatars are no longer beside the profile name, but now on the extreme right side of the device screen, on the profile page.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Apr 24, 2024
@dollMaker, the profile avatar was moved to streamline the look of the profile page and was done after the addition of the new seeking feature. So they aren't related but I have noted your feedback. Is it a visual preference thing or do you find it harder to see on a mobile or some other issue?
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Apr 24, 2024
Its a visual preference, to my eye, it doesn’t look as good as it did before.
Miki
Miki • Apr 24, 2024
... and I just noticed the profile pic is moved. Doesn't really bother me though as I only look at that if I want to edit something (mostly the "what's new" section on the bottom)--- because "what's new" invites updates ... unless it's something immutable like "water is wet today" or "plugged toilets stink"