Online now
Online now

Turn offs in new conversations

Discordant
3 months ago • Jun 17, 2024
Discordant • Jun 17, 2024
Garv wrote:
Discordant -
No response is necessary, just a social thing, or if you want to start a conversation, you can respond with "I'm good, looks like rain" or whatever if I'm comfortable starting a conversation with them. Many times I can see in there eye a bit of discomfort, so don't judge them to harshly.
Perhaps you will meet some one interesting.

Umm…what? Sorry, I don’t follow what you are trying to say to me.
I'mME
I'mME • Jun 17, 2024
Discordant wrote:
I'mME wrote:

@Discordant,

*When I meet a new person in real life there is usually a handshake involved and some form of the question, “How are you?”*

When I meet someone new, I say, ''It's a pleasure.'' Or ''It's nice to meet you.''

Speaking for myself, I dislike questions people ask but don't want to hear an answer.

Yes, People may say ''How are you?" but they keep right on talking w/o a reply.
Because it's chit chat, small talk, it's not sincere, most ppl just murmur , I'm fine, Good, Doing okay, etc.
It's no different in an message from a stranger. ,,..,They aren't looking for how that person's day is. It's a safe salutation. I'm sure that some people will share.

I don't share certain stuff w strangers..

Part of a store clerks job is to be personable.

Yes, and it’s part of a human’s job to acknowledge when someone is being personable, however that’s neither here nor there.

What you share is your business and what turns you off is your affair. It just seems strange to me that what is probably the most common phrase when greeting a stranger is a turn off for some people, but whatever sinks your boat sinks it.

It occurred to me that I never answered the original questions.

Turn offs to a conversation include the use of text speak when writing to me as I find it lazy whenever I see it, and assumptive language. I will also look at the profile of the sender and if it’s nothing but negativity or a list of what they absolutely won’t put up with, I’m turned off. I think boundaries are a good thing, but if you sound like you hate the world, why would I want anything to do with you? People who constantly complain about dick pictures but are showing me everything God gave them on their profile go in the turn off pile too.

What makes me want to continue a conversation is a polite greeting followed by something I find interesting.

Discordant

*Yes, and it’s part of a human’s job to acknowledge when someone is being personable, however that’s neither here nor there.*

Turn offs in new conversations.

You chose to point out those who answered this forum question with ''How are you'' by trying to make it seem that they were weird for listing that AS A TURN OFF.

I should have known better than to give further explanation.
Discordant
Discordant • Jun 17, 2024
I'mME wrote:

Why?

I basically said, “You do you.” in my response. I originally asked the question because I find it odd. Still do. As far as I remember, civil disagreement is still allowed in discourse. For example, I know there are people that disagree with me about text speak. That’s fine by me. It a turn off for me, but that’s hardly a global indictment. I wouldn’t think me having a differing opinion than yours would be a reason for you to “have known better.”
I'mME
3 months ago • Jun 18, 2024
I'mME • Jun 18, 2024
TopekaDom wrote:
You two should get a room.

Hell No. What it is people are never fucking satisfied.

I fucking QUIT, THESE people that ain't never mofo going to be happy.

FJC. ALMIGHTY.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Jun 18, 2024
I'mME wrote:
TopekaDom wrote:

FJC. ALMIGHTY.

Maybe two rooms with a connecting door?
I'mME
I'mME • Jun 18, 2024
Discordant wrote:
I'mME wrote:

Why?

I basically said, “You do you.” in my response. I originally asked the question because I find it odd. Still do. As far as I remember, civil disagreement is still allowed in discourse. For example, I know there are people that disagree with me about text speak. That’s fine by me. It a turn off for me, but that’s hardly a global indictment. I wouldn’t think me having a differing opinion than yours would be a reason for you to “have known better.”

Noz it was your smart alec response about humans.
This is done...
Sweet Minx​(sub female){NotLooking}
TopekaDom wrote:
I'mME wrote:
TopekaDom wrote:

FJC. ALMIGHTY.

Bahahahaha this made me laugh
I'mME
I'mME • Jun 18, 2024
TopekaDom wrote:
I'mME wrote:
TopekaDom wrote:

FJC. ALMIGHTY.

Topeka,
You're welcome to get a room with him.