Online now
Online now

Who should approach first.

DigitalLupine​(sub male)
1 week ago • Sep 8, 2024
DigitalLupine​(sub male) • Sep 8, 2024
Proper research and courting regardless of who originally initiates is what really matters. If either side is rushing to claim or be claimed, that's a cause for pause.

Respect, understanding and understanding each other as a person first is super important in my view.
DidiRN​(sub female)
5 days ago • Sep 13, 2024
DidiRN​(sub female) • Sep 13, 2024
DigitalLupine wrote:
Proper research and courting regardless of who originally initiates is what really matters. If either side is rushing to claim or be claimed, that's a cause for pause.

Respect, understanding and understanding each other as a person first is super important in my view.

I completely agree. If there is a rush it makes me wonder if they want ME or just a sub. When they reach out and immediately start with the sexting makes me think they're only out to get their rocks off rather than have meaningful interaction.

I am an introvert and don't have the guts to reach out, but I will react to things I like (such as profiles and blog posts) and respond to blog and forum posts.
dollMaker​(dom male)
4 days ago • Sep 14, 2024
dollMaker​(dom male) • Sep 14, 2024
For myself, if someone finds me, what I do of interest then approaches are welcome, but only if they have read, understood the information I provide on my profile about that. I have made approaches from time to time, but others approaching has generally gone better, as in person, as online I am not always very good at knowing if someone is interested or not - I can be pretty blind to that.

With personals ads on here now gone, that option, to see what someone has posted and it being a direct invitation to make sn approach, at least for me, to my mind, makes things re Cage that more challenging re finding, making and growing a connection.

I think if you find someone interesting then making an approach is ok, but only if they are receptive to that. There are, as others have said, no hard and fast rules, only personal preferences.
LoveandDevotion​(sub female){Looking}
3 days ago • Sep 16, 2024
I prefer the Dom makes the first move.

I'm analyzing why and a lot of it just comes down to "then I know he's interested." And maybe it's egotistical of me that I should have the advantage of knowing he's interested when he doesn't yet know that of me, but it feels more comfortable, letting him lead the dance so to say.
AnOwner​(dom male)
1 day ago • Sep 17, 2024

Re: Who should approach first.

AnOwner​(dom male) • Sep 17, 2024
While the onus is on the man there no reason the woman cannot approach. Personally I appreciate it
Angel Wings​(sub female)
20 hours ago • Sep 18, 2024
Angel Wings​(sub female) • Sep 18, 2024
I have read in more then a few Doms profiles that they won't make the intial contact. I feel a bit awkward reaching out first,but if I was interested I would message him first and see where it goes from there.