Online now
Online now

Clingy Subs

lambsone
2 weeks ago • Jun 8, 2024
lambsone • Jun 8, 2024
I guess I'm just popular that way Heaven Leigh Angel. Smiles at you.
JDHD​(dom male)
JDHD​(dom male) • Jun 8, 2024
I do like a clingy sub/slave - ideally encourage it
lambsone
lambsone • Jun 8, 2024
Cool JDHD.
ButterfliesAndCuffs​(sub female)
I think the issue is that clinginess was presented as a problem that needed to be solved. Even in “finding out what the core problem is” assumes that it is something that needs to be fixed.
As others have pointed out, some Doms like a clingy sub. I’d say most do at least to some degree.

Also just to point out that there were some Dominants who didn’t comment but did “love” SweetEscapes’s comment so perhaps they saw your question as posing clingyness in a negative light as well. Not speaking for them but it’s possible.
TwinkleEyes
TwinkleEyes • Jun 8, 2024
ButterfliesAndCuffs wrote:
I think the issue is that clinginess was presented as a problem that needed to be solved. Even in “finding out what the core problem is” assumes that it is something that needs to be fixed.
As others have pointed out, some Doms like a clingy sub. I’d say most do at least to some degree.

Also just to point out that there were some Dominants who didn’t comment but did “love” SweetEscapes’s comment so perhaps they saw your question as posing clingyness in a negative light as well. Not speaking for them but it’s possible.

Very well said B&C. I myself commented because I have owned 2 female subs in my kinky journey and played with a few more.I agree with you and others the question itself was worded as a negative towards being clingy.

I truly feel that Lambsone has good things to say and the community here can learn from her. It would just be nice if we could all respect opinions that are different than our own. And it’s okay to ask clarify questions when the original post seems contradictory with negative tones from the beginning.
moll​(other female){owned slav}
Why is being "clingy" a bad thing? One of the attributes of a good sub/slave is that the person is always there for their Dom/Master.

I don't know how long you have been in this lifestyle or what role you take, but, in my opinion, you don't seem to know how a D/s or M/s dynamic works.

I have met a few "doms" that whine about their sub being "clingy" and they always turn out to be only into the lifestyle for the kink and not the responsibility of being a Dom/Master, which is ok too, but at least they should be honest about what they are about.

Anyway, good luck in figuring things out.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
Reading through all the posts on this thread demonstrated to me something most of the people here know: kinks and relationship are individual, not universal, and there is no generic answer to the question?

i'd ditto those who suggest that openness and communication between the involved parties is key. i think that mutual openness and communication helps us determine compatibility... which is different for everyone? E.g. some Dom/es love "clingy" others eschew it. And i'd guess that no two Dom/es perceive "clingy" in exactly the same way.

i'd suggest posing the questions posed here, directly to the Dom/e involved. i also think it would be a healthy sign to express the fears that came out later in the discussion. To me, this is the stuff of intimate relationship.
Garv​(dom male)
Garv​(dom male) • Jun 8, 2024
It has been my experience That "clingy" and "sub' go hand in hand.
moll​(other female){owned slav}
Just to put this out there: clingy and low self esteem are not synonymous.

Most sub/slaves do not have self esteem issues. Most of us know who we are and know our strengths, and know what we want from a Dom/Master.