When you just want to say “F” it

Hawkeye
5 years ago • Nov 17, 2018
Hawkeye • Nov 17, 2018
You find balance.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Nov 17, 2018
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your responses.

@ Willow, i can definitely relate. imo sometimes we need to take a few steps back... nothing wrong with that. It’s your journey, no one else’s icon_smile.gif

@ Hawkeye, you remember I hate that word, right? Lol... balance is a dirty word icon_smile.gif
curiouskittyy​(sub female){GentlemanX}
Whenever I’m stressed or feeling overwhelmed by a person or situation, exercise always helps me. Running .. spinning.. or even just going for a long walk, if that’s what you prefer. It’s easy to instantly react and act out when you are feeling those negative pressures, but these instant reactions are often regretted. Taking a moment to get rid of some of that pent up energy and after having time generally to yourself, things don’t seem as bad. I personally find that after taking this time to myself and exercising, my mind becomes a lot more clear, and I’m focused and calm once more.
FabSeverus​(dom male)
FabSeverus​(dom male) • Nov 17, 2018
Even if you are in a 24/7 or a slave dynamic you can always have a break if this life. Take a day or two or a month. It might be hard but overdoing it can make it a bad experience.
It’s an enjoyable life style, I know it’s not always positive as you will meet or chat people on forum who really put you off.
So a time out is always a good option and to be honest it never last long ?
And sometime it’s just good to focus on the vanilla world or your work place...
Resilient Pearl​(other female){Protected}
MasterBear wrote:
To love my love completely is to love every part of her. My love is an African American in America today. The parts of her that are the most complex, most painful, most debilitating, are the parts that I love.

For my slave to allow me to comfort her in those times when she can't serve is a blessing. And how I look at it is and she allows me to comfort her in those times when she says she can't serve she is actually serving with the deepest part of her

❤️
Resilient Pearl​(other female){Protected}
@Bunnie:

I have these days Bunnie, and similarly feel overwhelmed, burnt-out, or off-kilt.

I’ve learned/am practicing how to ask for what it is I need after getting better at identifying what I’m feeling (and the needs behind those feelings).

More significantly - for myself at least - embracing what I’m feeling, reminding myself I can feel what ever I want and it’s all valid vs. shutting it out.

An INFJ, I need a lot of alone time. Granted, my work allows me to work from home as often as I need to hit deadlines, which makes self-care a bit easier.

• Lots of long walks;
• Hot baths / soaking in lavender epson salts;
• Treating myself to something I know will allow my mind to slow down: edible + knitting for a few evening hours, or lounging with a pot of hot tumeric tea and the crossword on a lazy weekend morning; and/or
• Writing to process;

Of course, emotional intimacy - when I’m ready to ask for that - feels soothing as well. I feel fortunate to have a constant in my life who will always ‘show up’ when I need them to - even if that means ‘tabling’ a disagreement to shift focus to a priority human need.

Not sure if any of this resonates, but the question you pose is such a good one Bunnie. Surely everyone has been ‘there’ - or somewhere adjacent.

- RP
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Nov 17, 2018
I think it is important to give yourself permission to be fragile.

To give yourself permission to be in that moment.

Needing a break is healthy.

Even marathon runners sometimes stop and shit themselves.

So I figure--- if I stop sometimes and dont shit myself it's a good day.
Ingénue{VK}
Ingénue{VK} • Nov 17, 2018
Been doing a bit of that myself today, Bunnie. No solutions to offer, but a hug and.. time.