Online now
Online now

Rigger Books and Rope Advice

HuntertheYeenQueen​(dom femme){Allie Kat}
5 years ago • Dec 6, 2018

Rigger Books and Rope Advice

Hey all!

I tried to search the forum to see if this was posted... I didnt see it, but there are so many topics, I wouldn't be surprised if I missed this being asked already ^^;

I'm starting to feel like I'm a Rigger, and after talking to my love about it I really would like to dive into things, find some books or sources to learn from (Maybe a good one to learn about nerves and such too, anatomy, so I can make sure I dont pinch or pull anything that could hurt my love? I saw that suggestion once or twice and it makes sense to me), and get a good basis to start on. Introductory stuff to start, and I think I can figure my way out from there. Theres just... so much online when I try to google, that I get a little overwhelmed ^^; So I thought advice from you guys could help! icon_smile.gif

And with that, any suggestions for a good starting rope? Or something else I should try before going to rope, to make it safer for my love while I learn?

Any and all suggestions and advice are welcome icon_smile.gif I really want to dive into this but I don't want to do so ignorantly Haha.
rosethorn​(sub female)
rosethorn​(sub female) • Dec 6, 2018
Before even trying rope I suggest looking at anatomy books for places to avoid placing rope. Arteries and nerve bundles can cause a lot of damage if pressure is applied to them so its better safe than sorry. x
    The most loved post in topic
rosethorn​(sub female)
rosethorn​(sub female) • Dec 6, 2018
Also a lot of images online are edited and altered, and badly too (showing incorrect and dangerous placement) it might be worth looking at a few images and trying to name the anatomy of where the rope is placed and see if its safe or not? .. anyone who goes... well its edited... is missing the point, if you cant tell then it can lead to some nasty mistakes.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Dec 6, 2018
Strongly suggest you attend rope workshops and learn from rope experts and experienced peers. Books and videos will only carry you so far, and while rope looks easy and a few ties are easy to do, like swimming off the beach things get deeper very quickly, and those ties start to carry incresed risks re potentially hurting the bottom.

Get it wrong and the bottom has an injury that might take months to heal, years or never heal. And before anyone shouts BS to that, I know someone who has a rope injury and will go to their grave with nerve damage as a result of that tie that went wrong.
FabSeverus​(dom male)
FabSeverus​(dom male) • Dec 6, 2018
you could learn the basic throught books or online. But really the best way is to learn from classes, if you attend munches in your area or not, there are always riggers willing to show the ropes....
I used theduchy website, excellent and cover all the safety issues.

do not try suspension yet...
5 years ago • Dec 7, 2018
There are virtually no BDSM meetups, classes, workshops, ect where I am, at least not within a distance we can work with or at times we could travel. I've been searching desperately as finding others near us who could help especially as I'm learning would be so much help in general. The closest things are too far away and usually during the week to make it work for us. Our free time is pretty much limited to Saturdays only. In person opportunities are almost nonexistent, so unfortunately I'm limited to online or paperback sources.

I understand the risks involved, which is why I came here to ask for sources instead of just ignorantly going with the first thing I saw online. I'm trying to find suggestions for what I can look at to get me started. I'm not trying to get into anything extreme from the get-go. And I have no desire for that. Not to mention the fact that my husband wouldn't allow me to do anything dangerous anyway. Hes just as cautious about all of this as I am. None of us are going to go forward with anything until more knowledge is possessed.

As stated in my post, not in so many words cause I thought it unnecessary, I understand the potential for serious nerve damage. Which is why I asked if there were suggestions for anatomy books that perhaps were more focused on that, instead of generalized ones. That I can find more easily on my own I'm sure, I have medical experience in my life both from college and doing things hands on so I already have ideas on where things are, just not specifics as most of what I was there for wasnt nerve-focused, but I figured I would see if anyone had suggestions for that too, since I was already asking.

In-person is out for me, I'm not giving up on that but I'm not going to hold myself back because of it either. I'm not looking for anything complicated, just the basics so I can try to figure it out on my own. But I need somewhere to start. I appreciate the concern for my husband and the desire to make sure everyone is safe is part of what attracted me to this site. No one cares about him more than I do. My desire to not hurt him is why I'm here looking for help on where to begin as opposed to stumbling through it completely blind.

I dont want to seem ungrateful. I just really want to focus on where I can go with my limited resources to try and do this the right way. Perhaps I should have said that to begin with, my apologies for not being more specific about my situation. I'm not even expecting to start anything for a while as, like I mentioned, it was suggested elsewhere that before starting one should look into anatomy stuff so that already is where I'm trying to start. I'm just hoping to have a next step to go to once I am ready. A good channel online. A book someone else learned from. A blog from an experienced rigger. Something to help me start to figure it out. I dont jump into things without understanding, ignorance is not a trait I encourage at all. Trying to look myself brought up nothing but already experienced and more Advanced suggestions which I am staying completely away from. I would rather not allow myself to explore this incredibly intriguing and beautiful side of BDSM than hurt my love. But I'm really hoping I dont have to do that just because I cant get to sources in person.
As an added... in person is more difficult right now as there is a language barrier. While we know enough German to find our way around Germany, we dont know enough for more complicated discussions. And despite English being the main second language here the further we go from where we live the less we find people who speak it as well. Makes it harder for in-person if we were to even go x.x Not excuses, just more milestones for why in-person isn't an option. The main thing is just the distance. I don't have the opportunity to go 4+ hours for things.
Miki
Miki • Dec 7, 2018
See if you can find some senyojo-jutsu practitioners you can pump for information in an area convenient for you. Proper Japanese SJ, which can go by other names, is a complicated process but one I very much enjoyed being the subject of, alas but once.. Anyway it's a safe way to bind up a gal and both can get their rocks off. It also does not require suspension although that's the proverbial "cat's ass" of rope bondage IMHO
DrWakko
DrWakko • Dec 7, 2018
Go to the two knotty boys website. They have a ton of instructional videos. Plus you can see where they are going on tour and attend their classes.

If you have an iPhone look into this app: knots 3d