Online now
Online now

Newbie- where to start?

Fudbar​(dom male){❤️❤️❤️}
5 years ago • Dec 17, 2018
Re: the BDSM 101 class; be wary of anyone that offers private tutoring in chat. It's a move common to a few predators. They're simply screening for the easily exploited.

Look for someone that's willing to put their words and 'teaching' out there for public scrutiny. (MB for example; her books are openly available and she gives her opinion publically often.. would recommend. )

No doubt you've already gotten some offers in PM from some of the predators.

You've been warned.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Dec 17, 2018
@ Interestednj, @ Hidden Secret, @ Sir Hanz... those ideas have been attempted in the past, but get squashed pretty quickly. I’d suggest getting together with a few like-minded people and exploring the ideas and questions together. You don’t need a “leader”... the three of you could explore it together. That way you don’t make yourselves public targets.
Bunnie wrote:
@ Interestednj, @ Hidden Secret, @ Sir Hanz... those ideas have been attempted in the past, but get squashed pretty quickly. I’d suggest getting together with a few like-minded people and exploring the ideas and questions together. You don’t need a “leader”... the three of you could explore it together. That way you don’t make yourselves public targets.

I don't think that anyone who feels qualified to teach a BDSM 101 course or offer advice there should feel like a 'public target'. In fact, they should welcome fair critiques and questions. The ones that don't are dangerous.
SirHanz​(dom male){Minx}
SirHanz​(dom male){Minx} • Dec 17, 2018
I was just putting it out there that I would be willing to help with something like that. That's it. Was not offering anything else.
SirHanz wrote:
I was just putting it out there that I would be willing to help with something like that. That's it. Was not offering anything else.

I think that's good, kind and noble. The forums are the perfect place for it.

It's as simple as creating a BDSM 101 thread and inviting anyone to chime in with questions they might have or areas of expertise and experience they're willing to share advice about.

It's out there for everyone, doesn't disappear and any potentially dangerous advice is out there for peer review. Heck, if what EV and CM say is accurate, it should even be searchable by search term soon.

In short, there's no reason the discussion SHOULDN'T happen publically.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Dec 17, 2018
@ Sir Hanz, look back over past forums... it’s all there. Not just recent... look all the way back. You’ll see a pattern. I don’t mean to be a stickler, I’m all for supporting each other in growing. I’m just suggesting to be careful. Every time a Dom/me has ever stepped forward and offered their services on a “community” level, it has backfired for them. We have lost many of the older, more wise, more knowledgeable people from this community because they simply gave up and walked away. There will always be those who find fault with what you do, no matter which way you approach it. Sad but true.
Bunnie wrote:
@ Sir Hanz, look back over past forums... it’s all there. Not just recent... look all the way back. You’ll see a pattern. I don’t mean to be a stickler, I’m all for supporting each other in growing. I’m just suggesting to be careful. Every time a Dom/me has ever stepped forward and offered their services on a “community” level, it has backfired for them. We have lost many of the older, more wise, more knowledgeable people from this community because they simply gave up and walked away. There will always be those who find fault with what you do, no matter which way you approach it. Sad but true.

Simply not true. Please cite examples. If it has happened as often as you say, it shouldn't be hard.

Edit: This is why the forums work.. because the evidence is there for all to judge. And in this case, it's not there but rather a case of personal bias. Cite away.
Interestednj
Interestednj • Dec 17, 2018
Fudbar wrote:
Re: the BDSM 101 class; be wary of anyone that offers private tutoring in chat. It's a move common to a few predators. They're simply screening for the easily exploited.

Look for someone that's willing to put their words and 'teaching' out there for public scrutiny. (MB for example; her books are openly available and she gives her opinion publically often.. would recommend. )

No doubt you've already gotten some offers in PM from some of the predators.

You've been warned.

Who is MB, Thanks