Online now
Online now

I.C.E

Bunnie
5 years ago • Jan 8, 2019

I.C.E

Bunnie • Jan 8, 2019
Because my mind is weird, and thinks the way it does, a random thought popped into my head today...

Has anyone else considered precautions to take during bondage sessions in case of an emergency? For example if the Dom(me)/Top happens to lose consciousness... do you have a plan set in place as to how the sub/bottom can free themselves? Any thoughts or suggestions around this?
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Jan 8, 2019
Yes.

For rope, mummification, plastic wrap I have emergency medical scissors (blunt end).

For the cross I use emergency release snaps.
Surprisingly, a lot of ppl get confused on how to use them. I always considered them basic gear.

Anything restricting being able to verbalize comes with a bell or set of keys they drop in case of emergency.

Airway is critical. So I have a CPR one way valve bag to give breaths if need be.
    The most loved post in topic
Bunnie
Bunnie • Jan 8, 2019
@ MasterBear, quick releases... great idea. Where do you keep the scissors for the mummification etc? I also love the idea of dropping stuff. I saw that used for types of breath play (under different circumstances).
I love that you have thought of these things. It makes me feel less like I’m just neurotic lol.
DrWakko
DrWakko • Jan 8, 2019
I think this is a good argument for playing in public or if you know the bottom will be unable to move there needs to be a spotter.

I can have all the safety precautions set in place if there is a problem. Doesn’t mean that my bottom who is bound/suspended/unable to move will be to get to them.
HuntertheYeenQueen​(dom femme){Allie Kat}
Not something I had ever thought of. But, it puts the idea in my head that now, when we start getting to more restrictive play, I should make sure to either have quick releases or make it so that there is some sort of cutting instrument in reach should something happen to me. Some way for him to easily free himself. I havent done too much yet so I dont personally know how easy that would be but its stuff to consider now. I dont have any illnesses or injuries that should cause me to randomly pass out or faint but you never know. Better to be safe.
TakenLower
TakenLower • Jan 8, 2019
I watched a movie that this happened in...husband and wife went away to a cabin for the weekend and he handcuffed her to the bed then died of a heart attack. It’s a very real possibility! I’m not a fan of bondage for this very reason. I think maybe having a close friend that you can tell you’ll call by a certain time might be helpful.
Fen'Harel​(dom male)
Fen'Harel​(dom male) • Jan 8, 2019
Ah Geralds game? But yea. Slipknots are super useful often only needing a light tug. Or leaving enough wiggle room to get scissors I usualy leave out
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Jan 8, 2019
@Bunnie

I keep the scissors tied to the straps on my bondage bag.

That way I see them all the time, and can grab my bag and go.
Also, if I need them ASAP I dont have to go digging.
Miss Tia​(sub female)
Miss Tia​(sub female) • Jan 8, 2019
Good ideas! I need to write this stuff down. Safety first.

I had a fellow sub tell me how her Dom tied her up, then passed out drunk in the other room for hours. She lost feeling in limbs and ended up urinating herself.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
I use panic straps too most of the time. .
Good timing Bunnie! I've been sick for most this summer so play has been limited but we had to think of ways for my boys to get 'loose' should I black out. We've had to change to quick release knots during this period where possible.

I've been using this style so they can reach (first vid and second. safe for work, horse ties ). Its simple but gives us peace of mind. It does limit activities but for us at the moment but it fills a need till we can return to normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG6LiX10hlU