Online now
Online now

Connecting with others

Vortexa​(dom female)
5 years ago • Apr 7, 2019

Connecting with others

Vortexa​(dom female) • Apr 7, 2019
Wondering if anyone has experience using BDSM.com or similar sites? What are your thoughts? Thank you.
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Apr 7, 2019
My love used to be on collar me and Alt.

I've only been on thecage and fetlife.

I prefer thecage to anything else out there.

Fetlife got nasty, and the powers that be dont really care.
Vortexa​(dom female)
Vortexa​(dom female) • Apr 7, 2019
I've heard others complain about fetlife but I've not used it myself. What is it that you don't like about it?
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
I think sites are what you make them. No one site is better than another. Each suit, different situations. Most sites will have different niches. What are you looking for Vortexa when it comes to a site?.

Kinksters tend to use what is available to them. If you reach out to others, they tend to reach back. Here at Caged I've found a better base of people wanting to "give" of themselves, all to often its "take" on other sites. I use here for several reasons, the cage has suited all my needs. Its nice to have one site met all my needs.
    The most loved post in topic
Bunnie
Bunnie • Apr 7, 2019
Hello @ Vortexa,

I tend to use FetLife to meet local people, join local groups, find events, workshops and skillshares (although I haven’t been as active since I’ve moved).

The Cage is my more social connection in the sense of just coming here and going into chat and chatting, and reading blogs and forums etc, and just generally interacting (although I don’t really do that much anymore either).

Hmm... actually I’ve just become a hermit really lol.

I joined Alt after my last relationship ended to see what other communities were out there, and to be honest, I had a very positive experience and met some really lovely people there as well.

I’m not on there, but I do know some submissives who have had good experiences with CollarMe (I think it’s called) for looking for local people to meet.
DrWakko
DrWakko • Apr 7, 2019
I think all sites are what you make of it. No matter what site you use there will be your share of creepy people. For me I use Fet for the calendar of events. I use The Cage to chat. I was on collarme/space, but I found that to have way too many "interesting" people. From what I've heard ALT is more of a swinger site.
Vortexa​(dom female)
5 years ago • Apr 11, 2019
Vortexa​(dom female) • Apr 11, 2019
Thanks all for your replies, am researching some of the ones you've mentioned further.
JessJ
JessJ • Apr 11, 2019
Thanks for the suggestions! I’m trying to find my spots too
Justme26
Justme26 • Apr 11, 2019
There are a lot of predators on all of these sites. Don't be put of by this but BE CAREFUL and also be prepared to wade through a lot of crap to get to the genuine people. Only Fetlife and collerspace are free. Most of the others are free to register, which means free as long as you NEVER EVER use them.

Fetlife can get quite aggressive, and is used in a slightly different way.
Vortexa​(dom female)
Vortexa​(dom female) • Apr 11, 2019
For fetlife - when you say "can get quite aggressive" are you referring to the other people on the site, as in being aggressive with trying to meet you? And would anyone know if there is a way to sign up without adding your real phone#? I've tried adding something like a google voice#, but it seems to recognize that it is not an actual phone #. And I don't particularly want texts from fetlife going to my main line for obvious reasons. Thanks.