Online now
Online now

Please help: what the hell am I?

DrWakko
4 years ago • May 24, 2019
DrWakko • May 24, 2019
Label yourself how ever you want. I use the rule: pick a label that doesn't take all day to explain. And this really matters if you are on site for relationships/dating. Getting as close as you can for a potential mate is the best way to do it.

Does switch fit you? You say you are 98% Dom, but you like to sub or bottom the other 2%. In that 2% are you a bottom or a sub (and yes there is a difference). The other think you need to look at is that 2% firm as in if you don't get to sub or bottom 2% of the time you won't be happy or is that 2% something you can give up.

Maybe you want to label yourself as a Dom and tell your partner once in a blue moon I need to bottom. You don't have to Top me, but I want to be Topped. You can give your sub the warning so he/she doesn't have to be there or watch if they don't want to.

I've known Masters that once every few years like to bottom. They identify as Master, but every couple of years they bottom. They don't feel like they need to identify as switch.

Go do you and you will find what you are looking for.

DW
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
Mehhh labels are for soups cans, not people! Not all chicken soups are even the same! The label merely only tells you, the "common ingredient"
As long as the person your with, understands your preferences, that is all that matters. Labels are so we can shorten explanations. If "switch" shortens your "initial' explanations to others and fits you, without another getting confused from the get go (beginning), then it fits you. There is always time to explain yourself fully to another, it is why we have SSC as our foundations and why we use negotiation BEFORE scenes and play with those new to us. Labels don't define you in total . When I see "switch" as a label, I think fluid and always in motion.
Azzabackam​(switch male){PawPawGirl}
Thank you for the kindness, everyone.

Just to clarify, my friend wasn't sticking his nose where it didn't belong. We were discussing kink, and I'd said something to the effect of "well, given my experience, I *must* be a switch." Which prompted the response, that I don't necessarily need to be defined by experiences alone.
Fyglia Wicked​(dom female)
Fyglia Wicked​(dom female) • May 24, 2019
Back in my day labels were there to guide ppl and help with self reflection . Now days far too many don't want to go though the process or pay the dues that come along with the choices they make.
My 2 cents take a step back from the lifestyle and see what the ebb and flow is of who you are with honest self reflection. The lifestyle doesn't make one a Dom/me, submissive or switch it's just an extension of .