Online now
Online now

Rope drop

HGB​(sub female){Scottish M}
4 years ago • Jun 3, 2019

Rope drop

Hi all my rope friends. I love rope, preferably rough rope. Couple questions for you all. Does anyone have different experiences with rough and soft? Or is the high and drop the same for you. I've only used jute and my high is high and low very low. Was thinking that cotton would maybe not be as bad.
Then was wondering what everyone does for drop? I've heard water, proper nutrition, chocolate, rest. Anyone else have any suggestions. Have you found if you do certain things before drop that it's better.
Would love any and all suggestions.
SirPain​(dom male)
4 years ago • Jun 5, 2019

Drop

SirPain​(dom male) • Jun 5, 2019
First let me state that I am not a doctor, psychologist, researcher or in any way associated with the medical arts.

What I believe you are referring to is sometimes called "sub drop." This drop is associated with endorphins. Endorphins (sometimes called beta-endorphins) are secreted by the adrenal glands (anyone who has two kidneys has two adrenal glands as they are located on the top of the kidneys). Endorphins are a hormone which when secreted by the adrenals send messages to the brains pleasure centers. Even though the activity may be painful (such as being tied tightly and possibly suspended) the brain receives the signals that these activities are pleasurable.

As to what can be done to relieve the endorphins, that is still up for speculation. Drinking plenty of water may help (but not very likely). Exercising may help (again not very likely). To my knowledge the only thing that can be done is to wait out the endorphins. Of course the amount of endorphins will be determined by the length of the activity. The longer the activity, the more endorphins that will still be in your body. I've known cases in which the endorphins are gone in a matter of hours but, in some extreme cases, they may stay in the body for a matter of hours, even days.

I hope this helped a little.
MasterBear​(other butch)
4 years ago • Jun 10, 2019
MasterBear​(other butch) • Jun 10, 2019
Do you maybe having a physiological reaction to the ropes tightness. You may want to consider coming out of the Rope over an hour. In other words you loosen it you wait 10 minutes. Then you loosen it more wait 10 minutes. And so on.

Give your body a physical and psychological ability to come out of the grip of rope. I've heard of this happening with others and that seems to help them
    The most loved post in topic
HGB​(sub female){Scottish M}
4 years ago • Jun 13, 2019
I am curious to try this. Thank you. I just realized if I'm quick and methodical with rope no high no drop. It's not the experience I prefer, but I get rope. So I want to try soon as I can rope, good rope and slow release.
AKittenforSir​(sub female){JohnBond}
4 years ago • Jun 13, 2019
With my masochistic tendencies, I prefer the rougher ropes, like jute, as well.

For me the more intense the play, the rougher the drop. With that in mind, if it’s the same for you, then using a softer (“less intense”) rope may help ease the drop a little bit... but probably not that much.

For drop, I find rest/sleep to be the best solution for me. If I try to just power through the drop, the low gets progressively lower until I’m almost completely unable to function due to deep feelings of depression. But if I sleep for awhile (long nap or overnight) I’m usually better when I wake up (I also have a stuffie that brings me comfort and I snuggle her while I rest).