Online now
Online now

Bad grammar and butchering a language

Low{BLK OWND}
4 years ago • Jun 21, 2019
Low{BLK OWND} • Jun 21, 2019
I'm not judging anyone here who posts for grammar
Not my style first of all I'm not perfect so who am I to judge ?
I more interested in reading for content in an effort to understand and or possibly give support and share ideas
Happy Friday to all
Ingénue{VK}
4 years ago • Jun 23, 2019
Ingénue{VK} • Jun 23, 2019
@Teacher0608

'If one is not using their native or primary language leway is given. We all make mistakes, but please have the wherewithal to proofread.'

Sp: leeway
quinntori​(sub female)

Their*

quinntori​(sub female) • Jun 23, 2019
Daddy'sGoodGirl wrote:
Keep in mind most of these people let there phone do the talking (spell check). And the majority have not been in school for a long time.
RelentlessDomination​(dom male)
To me, the inability to write well is a proxy, albeit an imperfect one, for a lack of skill as a dominant.

Skimming through the intolerably boring and turgid profiles of these male "doms" looking for female subs and slaves, you get the idea that most of them are just selfish wannabes at best and exploitative predators at worst. It seems as if they stumbled upon the idea to target submissives and slaves in a desperate attempt to get some sex à la sub frenzy.

In my mind, being able to write well is almost certainly a necessary, though insufficient condition to being a proper dominant.
Asteria​(neither female)
Asteria​(neither female) • Jun 23, 2019
Speaking as someone for whom English is the second language (amongst two others), I have to admit that I do pay attention to the way things are written and how one uses the language. And no, my personal language fetish (lol) is not the reason, as I know that I still make some grammar mistakes here and there (it's still work in progress for me, and punctuation can be my nightmare!).
It is not even that first impression one can make (which is still very important thing, I would guess).
But... kinky relationships are based on strong communication. It's something that we all keep repeating and it's actually very true. Small mistakes here and there, typos are the crimes most of us commit (so do I). Whether they are a turn off for someone is one thing. The other, and probably more important is whether they affect the overall communication by making it unintelligible and chaotic.
And sometimes... it shows how much effort one is willing to put in proper communication.
Daddy'sGoodGirl​(sub female)
Case and point. I use my phone and it's already corrected me 5 times. Sometimes we are in a hurry to move on to something else that we just don't take the time to look.
HGB​(sub female){Scottish M}
4 years ago • Jun 26, 2019
If my spelling, punctuation, and grammar are offensive good because that will never change. You need home repairs done I can help you with that. And look at what country they are from. Many English is a second language.
CrimsonRose
4 years ago • Jun 26, 2019
CrimsonRose • Jun 26, 2019
Thank you so much for this topic! I was feeling very mature and as if I were the only one annoyed by the bad spelling and grammar.

I am not a great speller but isn't that what google is for? Truly if you care enough to contact me in a written forum don't you want to make the best possible impression? So check your spelling and the meanings of the words you chose to use.

I do not mind when one's first language is other than English and translation mistakes happen, as I have made them in the Spanish, Magyar and Japanese that I try hard to speak and am eternally grateful that I was praised for even trying their languages. It is not my goal to make everyone speak English but for those who are American please have respect for yourself and those you are trying to connect with and use a dictionary. With this forum we loose tone, intonation and body language so we are reduced to just the words on the page make them count.

I'm a Southern Belle from a tiny TX town, so I am familiar with the desire to change the language, however if you want to attract a partner have some manners and use the correct verbiage and grammar.

"Bless their hearts" and to the rest, y'all made my night. (giggles)