Online now
Online now

Pet peeve or respect aspect

Evolved​(dom male)
4 years ago • Jul 4, 2019

Pet peeve or respect aspect

Evolved​(dom male) • Jul 4, 2019
Greetings all

Over the last oh say ten years in this life I’ve come across many people, have lived d/s, m/s, and ddlg dynamics successful and failed, most of all learned and discovered standards.

Now this is not intended to start wars or arguments so please continue with an open mind, but I’ve discovered that when communicating with a sub, Slave, or little that is not in a dynamic, and I look at profiles and see naked pictures everywhere or overly suggestive pictures I tend to be less interested in said individuals.

For me it’s hard to overly respect someone who utilizes their body as a meeting tool for what is in my opinion a much more meaningful and touching relationship. I mean you wouldn’t walk up to someone on the street with your boobs hanging out.

But for this dom I don’t find the idea of thousands of people seeing the body of a prospective sub very appealing.

Again this is only my opinion and opinions can change through thoughtful discussion.

Please share your insights with me.
    The most loved post in topic
Soulweaver​(dom male)
4 years ago • Jul 5, 2019
Soulweaver​(dom male) • Jul 5, 2019
I tend to agree with you on this. But for other reasons entirely, for me I prefer the added allure of fantasizing about what she looks like unclothed. But I just in general am not a very pic happy kinda guy. I would much rather see her beauty in person. I do however enjoy being surprised with a selfie now and again, fully clothed mind you.
Amdis​(sub gender fluid)
Amdis​(sub gender fluid) • Jul 5, 2019
A phrase comes to mind on this: "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". When the pictures are out there for everyone to oogle as they want, what's to make You special? What more can they give you that they haven't already given to every stranger on the web? Submission is supposed to be a gift but...it's one of those personalized ones someone makes for you that isn't perfect but it's the only one in the world rather than something store bought anyone can claim for their own.
I'd prefer it remain a more private affair, if only to make doing so more of a celebrated occasion than.."oh hey,I know you've seen this but...here it is from a different angle".
I'm more on the modest side and by no means am I "slut shaming" or trying to shame exhibitionists.
This is only to say that it seems to be more alluring when a person leaves a bit to the imagination
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
As a sub i tend to agree. While everyone should be proud and love themselves. I think that why would "i" or " u" want or allow to see what you have / or could own . i think that is something that is specail between those involved. Now call me old fashion or whatever but i dress casual and semi modest in respecet for my WOLF and even before hand i did in resepect to whom ever would i be with .
Evolved​(dom male)
Evolved​(dom male) • Jul 5, 2019
I agree so much
Our dynamics should be built on love, trust, and respect.

I’m so happy to see subs who understand what I was talking about in this posting.
Constellation​(sub female){Taken}
I'm glad to know doms not always enjoy explicit photos.
The same goes for doms pics, I rather don't see pics showing off their bodies or body parts on their profiles. To me, it passes the impression that they mind bodies over mind, so as I don't work like that, I don't find it appealing.
But it might depend on what the person is looking for, some just want to play. There's also the exhibitionists!
Miki
Miki • Jul 5, 2019
.. I heard "exhibitionists"! Well that is me.. but not online. My profile pic may be "suggestive" to some but also cropped in the right place to leave the rest to the imaginations of those inclined to look at it that way.

As for "showing everything one owns"-- again I am not into that online, nor do I have an account here or on any other sites to find people to want to meet me. On the contrary, I go out of my way to make sure whoever messages me finds out right off the bat that I do not do meet-and-eats, web cams, nor do I give out my phone number. I'm here to read, post and respond to messages here and there.

But as for the topic: There's an aspect of that (show and let 'em tell) ) which got left out.

Seeing still shots of under-dressed subs or doms.. does make some wonder what all those "assets" are like live and in motion. The imaginations aren't starved at all!
djinni​(dom female){smplylaura}
I think perhaps you can look at it as a matter of “not my kink”. Being an exhibitionist is a kink like so many other things that might not interest you. Although I’m owned, I have a streak of it myself that my Master has very little issue with me practicing, within reason.

If seeing someone’s naughty bits isn’t your thing, then you already know this isn’t the person for you and you can’t bypass them completely. So perhaps they’ve done the work for you.

I find bodies fascinating and beautiful. Rarely distasteful. If someone works hard on their body more power to then to share... I’m happy to admire.
Miki
4 years ago • Jul 6, 2019
Miki • Jul 6, 2019
.. I should have thought of this before. While it's OK to register reservations about who puts what on their profile, but there's a compromise that can help. "If you don't like, don't look." Turn the page. Pull the pug.. get the pic?

I detected a bit of a put-down in here of those who choose to show off more of themselves than within "acceptable moral standards" and that's not cool.

This whole place is a community of like-minded consenting adults whose sexuality includes a dimension that would be labeled as "immoral" "debased" "deviant" to name a few choice words. Let's leave the nude-shaming to the preachers.

Just Sayin'.
AplumcrazyDom​(dom male)
4 years ago • Jul 6, 2019
AplumcrazyDom​(dom male) • Jul 6, 2019
Maybe it is the way I communicate, which I am not good at online or I'm older and have not been on the cover of a magazine. But I find a lot are new and expecting the 50 Shades of Gray type. rich, handsome and they will be cared for in exchange for there submission. Not my thing at all.

Plum