Online now
Online now

DrWakko
4 years ago • Feb 1, 2020

DrWakko • Feb 1, 2020
I browse though a lot of profiles and find a lot of people looking for LTR. I think that is great. Where I have a "problem" is that a lot of people also put for location the country they live in. Sometimes they put the state, but mostly its the country and there is no mention of willing to relocate.

Why if you want want a real life long term relationship would you list such little information about yourself if this is something you want? I understand if you live in a small town saying you live in a big city, but one would think the lack of geographical information would make it harder to find a partner.
LaVieEnRose​(sub female){Learning }
It’s hard to say cause for some people they maybe want to be a little more discreet about their area. The world is a scary place, especially on the internet.

I know it makes things harder because you’re running the risk of messaging them and they’re not in your area but I guess 🤷🏽‍♀️
xwillowx{Not lookin}
xwillowx{Not lookin} • Feb 1, 2020
I think, as has been previously mentioned, that people are protecting themselves. I am a firm believer that if it's right then its worth the move. I am currently speaking with someone who is on the complete opposite side of the country from me. Yes, that will be a bit expensive when it comes to visiting. But if its worth it, its worth it. I think a move, after a certain point is reached, will just be a natural part of the process. We live in society where it's extremely possible to relocate.
notavanilla
notavanilla • Feb 1, 2020
POST ADS WITH THESE THREE THINGS, ALWAYS!

A RECENT PICTURE OF YOURSELF

If you post ads then you should include some important information about yourself so that the readers of those ads understand you better.
There is a social media site outside of the cage and it has a discussion forum that will reject personal ads from people that do not have a avitar or some picture of themselves in their profile. There is another that requires to list your location, your age.
I personally am looking for someone and if I check out an ad and all it has is pictures of teddy bears and no age or location then all I have is ???.
I don't respond to any of those kinds of ads. Especially if all they have is stuffed toys and/or flowers and no real information about themselves.

I have seen a number of ads without a persons age.
Location is important, this is an international site.

You make an impression with these ads and if you want to make a bad impression you place ads that lack these three things.

notavanilla
ShockMeShy​(sub female){taken}
While I get where you are coming from notavanilla there are some people who have very distinguishable tattoos and have to worry about their job, so public photos are not always an option.
    The most loved post in topic
notavanilla
notavanilla • Feb 1, 2020
If you look at my avitar you could recognize me but I could have hidden portions of it. I have seen a number of photos, pics of people that did show enough to get an idea of them without making it obvious of who they are.
Generally speaking if people discovered you here then how did they get here? If someone condemned you for being here then its a situation of that matter of being against yourself.
I think its more of a matter of body shame, sadly. They post pictures of teddy bears and flowers but nothing that shows that person. Not one pic. I don't need to see naked pics but certainly a pic that indicates their physical self is rather important.
Again be honest and straight up over yourself. This is not a job interview but often a matter of a lifetime partner. Give valid information and instead of disappointing people that respond to your ads later be conscious of them and their time and effort by not misrepresenting yourself.

I am honest and hope to meet people that are.

notavanilla
DrWakko
DrWakko • Feb 1, 2020
As this thread is veering of topic. My original question was: if you are looking for someone why say you from the US and not the major city, state you are in?
Erick​(sub male)
Erick​(sub male) • Feb 1, 2020
I think it's a matter of how you play your cards. Also known as salesmanship. There is something to be said for the strategy of first hooking the prospect with dreamy generalities, and then later on, when you're both getting along swimmingly, letting them know about the difficulties of getting together for meetings in the flesh.