Online now
Online now

I need advice on loving God/Jesus and loving being a Sub.

CurvyLisaO
4 years ago • Mar 4, 2020

I need advice on loving God/Jesus and loving being a Sub.

CurvyLisaO • Mar 4, 2020
How to you fully practice the BDSM lifestyle and also be religious? How do you juggle your desires that arent what God wants for you?? If your whole existence is based on loving and believing in God/Jesus. But your mind, body and soul yearns for something different, something more and something extreme.
LaVieEnRose​(sub female){Learning }
I am a deeply spiritual person and I’m not a huge fan of organised religion BUT the way I see it is that God clearly guided us to this because this is where we are meant to be.

But also this lifestyle can be as monogamous as you want it to be, it would probably mean searching a little longer than average and there are many that get married to their Dom/Master so if these types of relations outside of marriage are a problem then that is a possibility.

I have a framework that to me makes sense and in my head doesn’t oppose my beliefs
Erick​(sub male)
Erick​(sub male) • Mar 4, 2020
Over the years, I have found that S&M enthusiasts are generally some of the most kind, considerate, conscientious, understanding, generous, charitable, and loving people in the world. Once in a while I encounter S&M people who are sort of hateful or ill tempered. But surprisingly seldom.

Religion means different things to different people. In particular, "Christian values" is an idea that is enormously variable in how it is interpreted. At one end of the spectrum there are lots of people--a depressingly large number of them, in my opinion--who will tell you that Jesus does not approve of whisky, or games of chance, or two-piece swimsuits, or four-letter words, or the doctrine of natural selection, or homosexuality, or Halloween costumes, or pierced ears, or lipstick, or boogie-woogie music.

And at the other end of the spectrum, there are those who consider all the details of the Hebrew and the Christian Scriptures--however they are interpreted--to be nothing more than incidental, compared with what is called the "Great Commandment" uttered by Jesus himself: Love God. And Love your neighbor. That is all.
Meg​(dom female){NotLooking}
Love God in a way that speaks to you and your God, not the way that a bunch of other people tell you to. Neither God nor being a sub should be the sole focus of your entire being. Find what makes you a happy person, and what makes you a good person. There's no way that any God wants you to just follow blindly. The laws that dictate how to worship, how to think, and what is "wrong" weren't written down by God; they were interpreted and recorded by people, and people are fallible. Find happiness, find a way to be a good person, and you'll find God.
    The most loved post in topic
Bunnie
4 years ago • Mar 5, 2020
Bunnie • Mar 5, 2020
I don’t know a lot about it, however there is an aspect of D/s that is called “Taken in Hand.” Others I have spoken to have kind of suggested that this tends to align quite nicely with those who walk a religion based path in life. I can’t speak from experience, however it may at least be an avenue to look into that may give you some ideas.
Wolfwhip​(dom male)
Wolfwhip​(dom male) • Mar 5, 2020
There's nothing Inherently sinful about this, of course, you should be married with your partner. Other then that, nothing bad about wanting a BDSM relationship to my knowledge. Keep in mind, we all fall short, God can forgive anyone...because...it's God. If you are sinning though then that's not part of your relationship with God but doesn't exclude you or separate you either. Not an expert here, just an intellectual with a bible.
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
Well , i will put my two cents in also. I agree with a lot of what LaVie and Wolfwhip have stated. If you are married to your partner then there is nothing wrote in the bible as being sinful when it comes to this lifestyle. in fact the bible does state things along the line of the male being head of house hold, and the wife being submissive to her husband. Not that i am ig on organized religion, im more spiritural. but i can say that i believe that "God " put me where i was ment to be . Seeing that everyone in my family has told me that they were praying for a long time that i would find my "one". and i know that i was seeking him (my one ) in all that i did. Along with the fact that i know on the other side of the slash in my case the same was happening.
Meg​(dom female){NotLooking}
If your kinks don't involve sex or lead to sex, would God actually care? Chastity bondage, spanking, talking dirty, obedience, sensation play, fear play, impact play, etc. are a few religion friendly kinks I'd think, even if you're at a sex dungeon with random strangers

I think saying that a BDSM lifestyle is sanctioned in the Bible, because of the male led household thing, is a exclusionary, because that still vilifies femdom or any other power dynamic.
No Body​(dom male)
No Body​(dom male) • Mar 5, 2020
There is nothing in the bible that says bondage is wrong. ven in the old testament there is no "thou shalt not take up the leather and smack that ass". If you read carefully you will see that Jesus says that you have no need for a church because your body is His church. If you feel good about what your doing and love Christ then you have nothing to worry about. I have seen people put Christ before their own happiness and it destroyed their lives. That is not what Christ wanted or talked about. As He said give unto "Ceasar what is Caesar's and give unto God what is God's". Give your body and heart to your Dom/Domi and give your soul and devotion to God.
LaVieEnRose​(sub female){Learning }
I should elaborate in that it took me a loooooong time to come to terms that the way I viewed God did not really fit neatly into the box of organised religion. When I lived in that box I wasn’t totally happy or comfortable with who I was or what I believed, when I shed the box and searched for God elsewhere I was much happier.

No one is saying be fully hedonistic and throw everything to the wind, but take the basis of what it truly means to believe and love God and figure out what is truly important (ie being kind, helping the poor, etc.) and build a framework and boundaries that allow you to have a relationship but doesn’t push what you believe or maybe pushing your beliefs a little might not be such a bad idea.

I guess really only you truly know if you view aspects of this lifestyle outside the frameworks of marriage okay or if you need a marriage/solely monogamous relationship to be comfortable expressing your needs.