Online now
Online now

Choking

Sammi Babi UwU​(sub female)
4 years ago • Apr 9, 2020

Choking

This has probably been asked before, but my husband has decided he wants to choke me in bed.
Which, cool. We've been playing around with doing it lightly here and there. No actual breath control.
How can we do this safely?
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
4 years ago • Apr 9, 2020
my go to on breath play has always been Jay wiseman articles. Take a look around the various articles on the subject and well respected within our community on the topic.

http://www.jaywiseman.com/SEX_BDSM_Breath_Closing_Argument.html
    The most loved post in topic
skyrich​(dom male){rottenbrat}
4 years ago • Apr 10, 2020
Definitely read that article, and have your husband read it as well.

Choking is *extremely* dangerous/risky behavior. If, after reading the above, you still want to go forward, then take it slowly.

In fact, I'd say don't choke, but try another form of breath play, and make SURE you have a non-verbal means of communicating with each other. Because you might not be able to give your safeword.
Sammi Babi UwU​(sub female)
It's always been light before, so I wasn't worried about it, bit he said he wants to really do it. I'm incredibly nervous about it and really don't want anything bad to happen to me
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Apr 10, 2020
@Sammi Babi UwU​ basically you can't. Choking is incredibly dangerous, and there is no safe way. I would agree that Jay Wiseman's writing is a must read, and a sobering one. There will though be plenty to say that Jay is full of it, and it can be done safely. I don't engage in it because I don't want to kill someone, or cause them brain damage, and the risk of either one happening is incredibly high.

My advice, don't do it.
House Talion​(dom male)
4 years ago • Apr 20, 2020
House Talion​(dom male) • Apr 20, 2020
If any safety is to be considered it comes with experience. He needs to know his strength and how not to use it. The slightest pressure can go a long way.

My wife likes to be choked during sex and as I've experienced it has to be done right if at all. Considering that when you want to harm by choking it is most commonly done with two hands, one on each side, with the thumbs pushing in on the air box while the other fingers restrict. By all means, dont do that. I practice a single hand technique which can work with multiple positions.whether from the front or back I concentrate on a slight squeezing motion from the sides while cupping her throat gently from the front. As I've seen this enduces some wheezing while shes still able to breathe.

I can certainly imagine that such indirect pressure has resulted in the least damage to her neck and more acute pressure prolonged could result in aphictiation
CrazyCoco
CrazyCoco • Apr 20, 2020
I like to gentle choke. What kind of choking is he thinking? I would have him do childhood trauma work.
skyrich​(dom male){rottenbrat}
@House Talion

Be careful with that technique. It's very easy to cause a heart attack or stroke by incorrectly compressing the carotid artery.

Years of martial arts training have taught me that the human body is quite fragile. For example, it's possible to kill someone by pinching the web between the thumb and 1st finger on the left hand.

--Rich
Duke Montefort​(dom male)
4 years ago • Apr 21, 2020
Duke Montefort​(dom male) • Apr 21, 2020
I can't do choking. Not ever I was trained blue collar and my grip is easy to grapple it is far harder to release.

Therefore, I'll never do this

Duke Montefort