Online now
Online now

Written roleplay and why it can be fun.

Taramafor​(sub male)
3 years ago • Jun 1, 2020

Written roleplay and why it can be fun.

Taramafor​(sub male) • Jun 1, 2020
You can read the same book a thousand times but it's still the same. But if you keep making new story every time you're reading and writing you control the events yourself.

You get two kinds of people online that roleplay. Those that can get in character and make some really good A+ written marital with darker things happening to enhance plot and lewds.

And people that get lazy and want to focus on just being casual. Ok, there's a middle ground too. It's actually good to explore all three areas so you don't burn out if you're being consistent. Got to take things easy and relax too. My point is some people can make some REALLY good written material with you.

People can tend to seek out "just their own fun alone" without talking to you like a real person. So that can make trust a challenge. But when you get to know someone that accepts you for your flaws AND have fun together? Let's just say I'm drooling. Making it about each other in other areas as well as this. Makes it the best. Because those are the people that will want to write something to make you happy. Not just themselves.

Making your OWN story. Together. Like trying to steal a diamond only to have a gun pressed against your side with a deadly whisper hissed out to put it back. Then forced oral happening from there and getting the gun smacked across your face and told you'd do better to focus on your work. Just to give a gist. That's not even the bare bones or scratching the surface. Some of these typed ideas can give you ideas in the physical world too.

These are only the "very basic actions". How they were done had a lot more lines behind them to give context and reason. Which you might worry about but treat it like writers block. "Just type anyway". One small action at a time. Keep building on. It's the little details that matter.

I'll provide just one post and you'll see what I mean.

(insert name here) taps her foot as she waits on her contact to answer. As you talk, she glances over at you, studying your demeanor. Just as she goes to reply, a loud, deep male voice could be heard wearily saying "Yeah?" through her phone's speaker. She keeps her eyes on you as she says "Hey, Sal. I need you to bring...Tell you what, bring me one of the control collars. I have a bit of a situation at the house.....No, no it's under control for now, but I need one of the collars....No I'll need a control, too.....Mhm....yeah....no, no need for that, though if you have a spare shotgun, you could bring that. Mhm...Okay, Sal. See you in fifteen." She hangs up her call and sets her phone on the nightstand. "Let's get one thing clear..." she says in a tone that's low and cold. "From here on out, your life and your ability to continue it rests entirely on how well you follow orders. Understood?" She watches you as she walks over to her dresser, pulling her panties down and getting a fresh pair of lacey ones from her drawer. She slips into them and walks over to her closet, pulling out a sharp white and black dress/blouse combination. As she awaits your answer, she slips into her garment and selects a pair of shoes from the display in the room. Sitting down in the chair in the corner, she slips into her high heels and crosses her legs, waiting with her pistol in hand.

Now I could read a book. Or I could make my own written post and take pride in knowing I made that response happen. it's the same kind of feeling you get from beating a computer game on the hardest difficulty. Or reaching the top of a mountain. Or achieving some other goal you set for yourself. The feeling of knowing I made it happen too. Even if they did.

You just can't get that same kind of control from a book. Then, after you've made a good story with someone, look back on it, enjoy it then make even more. In this case the story, quite literary, writes itself. Because you're not doing it all on your own and trying to decide everything. You get a new plot twist at every turn. And have to adapt.

In a sense, you both gain and give control towards both extremes. Especially when it's D/s related as shown here. But even when not you still make your own actions and the other theirs. Trusting each other to add something new, fresh and exciting. That wouldn't be possible to make on your own. Because you might not have thought about something when they did. You feed of each others ideas. Which are easier shown then talked about at times.
    The most loved post in topic
Taramafor​(sub male)
3 years ago • Jun 3, 2020
Taramafor​(sub male) • Jun 3, 2020
Thing is that's an already established theme/setting. I like immersion and realism as much as fantasy (I already add in a bit of fantasy myself, being an anthro/feral shifting hellhound). Will look into it though.

Not saying that can't be fun. Am saying when you talk to someone that likes to RP "most things" (or other areas) it provides more options. What I described was more "modern" as well. Sometimes I lean towards sci-fi too. Not very D&D. And no, I don't want anything star wars related. It's a "custom tailor" thing.

I've had magic water around my face as a threat (if we're comparing it to the gun example from earlier) so I can certainty see the appeal in that. But at the same time they're both very different situations. Both fun, but both different.

In order to cover all the themes/environments you'd need something like F-chat. Second Life also has multiple locations and you can even have private property (so you can do whatever). Can also head to a public locations and use it for your own plot.

Hmm. I guess I could check RP repository site. It does have adult groups. Trying to think of other places.
Dellydoodah​(neither female)
I have 'played' in SL for many years. People roleplay many settings there, my personal bag is Gor ( which is taken very seriously and when done properly it is beautiful.)
During RP you have to keep alert, be ready for the unexpected thrown at you and have a sense of place.
It's like a 3D book where you are both author and character.
tallslenderguy​(other male)

Re: Written roleplay and why it can be fun.

Taramafor wrote:
You can read the same book a thousand times but it's still the same. But if you keep making new story every time you're reading and writing you control the events yourself.

You get two kinds of people online that roleplay. Those that can get in character and make some really good A+ written marital with darker things happening to enhance plot and lewds.

And people that get lazy and want to focus on just being casual. Ok, there's a middle ground too. It's actually good to explore all three areas so you don't burn out if you're being consistent. Got to take things easy and relax too. My point is some people can make some REALLY good written material with you.

People can tend to seek out "just their own fun alone" without talking to you like a real person. So that can make trust a challenge. But when you get to know someone that accepts you for your flaws AND have fun together? Let's just say I'm drooling. Making it about each other in other areas as well as this. Makes it the best. Because those are the people that will want to write something to make you happy. Not just themselves.

i typically eschew role play, craving real, but i like what you are encouraging here. To me, this could be a method for getting to know another person and their (oft) hidden desires and needs. i think a lot of relationships fail because people often commit to relationship before they know very much about each other. i posit this could be a good way to get to know someone.

i also think this type of interaction could teach and develop written communication skills, which one discovers is sorely lacking in the online 'dating' world when perusing ads and profiles. i've come to believe a lot of sparse profiles/ads are a result of fear as well as lacking writing skills. A 'fantasy role play' format could create a ;safe place' for self discovery and self expression?

For me, the ultimate goal would be connecting with another persons real needs and desires and vice versa. The few people i have tried similar stuff with usually seem to be, as you note, "lazy" or often seem afraid to venture out of the shallow end.
BunniBubbles​(sub female)
BunniBubbles​(sub female) • Jun 3, 2020
I completely understand what you're saying here.

I've been engaging in written roleplay since I was young and in my teens, and it's definitely allowed me to explore some "fetishes" or experiences that I never thought would turn me on, or have interest in at all. Perhaps it is because I am a writer myself, and read tons of books but going back and forth with someone is like the two (or more) of you creating your own scene, own story and it can be powerful. And downright sexy.

I believe its because I have an issue being...aroused by a stranger's...fleshy bits if it's not in real life. xD Sending/Receiving nudes online will not turn me own from someone I am not emotionally or mentally attached to. And when you're flirting around online...meh...perhaps it's just me but if it's not in real life with physical touch, It can be difficult to get aroused from a stranger.

But all that can be removed when "playing a scene" because you aren't focused on the person. You're simulated by what they're saying/writing, something that could potentially happen to you with ANYONE. You can play out a fantasy of yours that probably couldn't happen in real life. Example, If you're married and have a cheating fetish/fantasy, but love your husband/wife and wouldn't ruin it in real life. You might incite a roleplay scene with your spouse to try that. It's the same concept in theory lol.

Imagine what you want.

When I was younger, and perhaps this is what started me on my BDSM path, I met this older man online. Now I had no idea what he looked like, and I don't remember how we started talking....but we had this long time roleplay that to this day, I still fantasize about.

He was this, rich stellar man that owned a corporation (or try like dozens), had guards, helicopters...basically everything right?
And he kept "me" in this hotel as his "prisoner". I belonged to him, I wasn't allowed to leave unless I was with him, I wasn't allowed to talk or flirt with anyone that wasn't him--which I would repeatedly do...sometimes that ended in punishment, other times he would punish that guards or person...
He pretty much had a tracker on me at all times and would treat me like he owned EVERY part of me and it made me melt. I "pretended" to resist at times and other times showed my undying adoration for the man. I loved every part of it. And it was just how we communicated. There was no..."real life me" because this part of me was me too. Just...in a different scenario.

I've done all types of written roleplay since then but that by far, is one of my favorites.