Online now
Online now

Total Power Exchange (TPE)

KinkyAndCuddly
3 years ago • Jul 4, 2020
KinkyAndCuddly • Jul 4, 2020
Yes, it definitely varies from person to person. You would have to discuss the details with your potential owner.
mdcowboy
mdcowboy • Jul 4, 2020
Every relationship is different. Be open and honest from the beginning and you should be alright. Communication is key as in all relationships.
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Jul 4, 2020
Like everything else of this culture, it's good to google for a direct definition and then question the opinion of others. Your version of TPE has to do with definition, the opinion of others, and your take on the matter. Like everything else, your opinion matters especially when it comes to the way you veiw things
bearfortwinkz​(dom male)
bearfortwinkz​(dom male) • Jul 4, 2020
Like with most things in this lifestyle, there’s the book definition and there’s the applied definition. By the book, TPE pretty much means complete control/surrender in which the Dom(me) has complete control over the sub, even when not in a scene. But what that actually means for you comes down to the dynamics of your relationship. Every relationship is slightly different and will have different interpretations.

A lot of the time, it goes hand in hand with master/slave relationships, too. Often times that sort of relationship isn’t simply a matter of during a scene, but it’s rather all the time. Depending on the relationship, some Dom(me)s control what their sub/slave wears, what they order for food at a restaurant, etc.

For instance with my boy Kyle, I probably control roughly 85-90% of his day-to-day life. I will give him controlled choices, for instance what he’s going to wear for the day if we’re going out. He can pick between 2-3 outfits I’ve already preselected. In this way, I’m still controlling what he’s wearing, just giving him the illusion of free choice. But then somethings like what he wants to eat/drink really are free choices, especially if we’re out and about.
hopefulbabygirl​(sub female)
Ok thank you all. I want to try TPE and my Dom and I are talking about it.

I love being told what to wear or how to fix my hair and all of those little things but I also do not want to be a domestic slave and I’m a firm believer that if two people make a mess then two people have to clean it up lol

I also have zero interest in being controlled while I’m at work. I have to focus at my job as I work in the medical field and am in charge of keeping record of controlled substances and helping the vet in surgery and taking care of my sick patients.

Again, my Dom and I are talking about this to see if it is something I want to try but I was so interested in what everyone’s version of TPE meant.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
To me, TPE is often a misnomer. i'm not convinced that one can have TPE 24/7, but that it can be had within that frame? I.e., that TPE is not a constant, but rather an in the moment thing, where TPE is had in an instance and the number of instances of TPE is up to the people involved.
Zedland​(dom male)
Zedland​(dom male) • Jul 4, 2020
I find there are very few moments when one can exert total control over someone, making their every decision for them and generally treating them as a 'doll' to be molded to their will. Those are generally scenes when you've had a good amount of time to prepare and map out everything. They can be fun.

Trying to do that 24/7 is beyond my experience however, though I do imagine it is very difficult beyond the vaguest generalities and loosest of controls. Sure you can tell someone what to wear and that in certain circumstances they should contact you for your opinion/permission to do a thing. However life happens, and no matter how close your relationship you still have two lives eager to fuck up your best laid plans. 'Why yes honey I'd love to tell you what outfit to change into after the baby threw up on the old one, but I'm in a meeting and the boss is glaring at me' or 'I was going to call and ask your permission to pee but then the pipes exploded, the boss had a heart attack, and the ambulance caught fire.'