Online now
Online now

A little bit lost and worried

strictlygentle​(dom male){Queen Alex}
3 years ago • Oct 21, 2020
NoClvrNickname wrote:
Definitely contact the Cage and voice your concerns about the “transgenders” labeling & inquire about getting some terminology changed.

Somebody already has, and they even acknowledged it:

https://thecage.co/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3023

It'd probably be good not just for OP, but for everyone in this thread, to add their voices in to point out there is a real problem.

Unfortunately, I've been reliably informed I have no right to an opinion about this, which of course means I can't have a positive one either, so it will just be up to whoever does have that right to advocate for positive changes like this. After all, a cis idiot like me can't possibly understand that this is a problem, so it would be silly of me to speak up.

Anyway, I would encourage everyone else to speak up and convince the site owners to change it. Small wins are still wins and it's important to some people in our community.

Last edited by * on Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total
UrsaMinora​(sub agender)
UrsaMinora​(sub agender) • Oct 21, 2020
Wow, you see why trans people don't feel they can speak up don't you?
Yeah I'm gonna call you out if you say hurtful things. That's part of being an adult. Turning it around and trying to manipulate me....well what's the point in this discussion any more?

You're right that it would be helpful if those affected spoke up, but why would they when this is the response we get? What's actually needed is the majority, the privileged group, to say actually something needs to change. But that requires an acknowledgement of a problem.

In order for that to happen there needs to be awareness which is why I made this post. I've acknowledged that I haven't handled it as well as I'd have liked because im emotionally invested in the subject, but there we have it
Cage Monkey​(staff)
Cage Monkey​(staff) • Oct 21, 2020
We are sorry, everyone. We forgot to fix this embarrassing typo.

It was never intentional and we didn't mean to offend anyone.

I fixed it just now, and we will definitely discuss the other suggestions on the referenced thread to be a welcoming home to all genders and all (well, most) preferences.
UrsaMinora​(sub agender)
UrsaMinora​(sub agender) • Oct 21, 2020
Cage Monkey wrote:

I fixed it just now, and we will definitely discuss the other suggestions on the referenced thread to be a welcoming home to all genders and all (well, most) preferences.

Really appreciate an effort to make things better. I would very much like to discuss what's happened with the admins if someone could get back to me though
IowaDom​(dom male)
IowaDom​(dom male) • Oct 21, 2020
Cage Monkey wrote:

Nice fix! But ... to one of the OP's other concerns, can you drop the "s" from the forum area "transgenders" ? Perhaps even make it something like "Transgender & Nonbinary" ?
Cage Monkey​(staff)
Cage Monkey​(staff) • Oct 21, 2020
@UrsaMinora​ Welcome to the cage, we'll be in touch shortly.

@IowaDom - Sounds good. Fixed.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 21, 2020
@UrsaMinora, I've messaged you. Please get in touch when you can.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 21, 2020
We always appreciate when anyone is willing to share their thoughts about THE CAGE experience, publicly or privately. So thank you! We know it's not always fun or easy. Your effort is appreciated.

THE CAGE is run by a small team of BDSM enthusiasts. Because of this it can take some time to implement changes, make additions, etc. We may also have different ideas so we can't promise that every suggestion is implemented. But we do consider each one. Please know that inclusivity is essential to who we are and we will always do our best to encourage it. Suggestions that can help us improve are always welcome. As someone who doesn't figure in to the stereotypical M/f dynamic most commonly represented in popular culture, this is essential to me.

You are welcome here. If you feel you are under represented we hope you'll stick around and help us make THE CAGE that much more welcoming and diverse as possible for the next person.

Thank you to everyone who has commented.