Online now
Online now

Quick Question From a Rookie

Cozubia​(dom male){She’s Mine}
3 years ago • Nov 24, 2020

Quick Question From a Rookie

So, I see a lot of people on this site and that is pretty great. An actual community is amazing for someone just stepping into the ring, as it were. But I’m curious.

Is there a rough estimated ratio of men to women? Pardon the somewhat blunt gender definitions, because there are way more things involved there, but for the sake of my own curiosity, I’m keeping it simple.

The reason I ask is that in my typical experience, men outweigh women by a LOT in a lot of places where sex is a larger component. So for someone like myself who is so new to this whole world and the community in general, are the odds favorable that I may meet someone here? Unlikely? Next to impossible?

I may never find a person due to my personality or whatnot, and that’s fine. It’s weirdly easier to know I’m just not a good match than it is to be told by math that it won’t happen, if that makes sense.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
3 years ago • Nov 25, 2020
Hey there,

Welcome. Just a couple of quick thoughts to your quick question. icon_smile.gif

You may or may not meet someone here, this isn't really a dating site, but that does not mean you will not meet someone.

i'd suggest you put more in your profile. You may be "new" and "inexperienced" but you have plenty you can say about yourself, why you identify as you do, what brings you here, your thoughts and feelings about what you are looking for... stuff that is you and not generic?

Also, maybe be specific about whether you are looking for a woman? Your post above speaks of gender, but your profile does not (i may have missed it). Hetero is not the default setting lol.

And, this is not scientific evidence, but it strikes me that there are a lot of women on this site, my impression is more women than men? And most of the women i see are sub. That is just my impression, may have no basis in reality.
    The most loved post in topic
Cozubia​(dom male){She’s Mine}
That all makes sense. And I appreciate the time you took to respond. Your suggestions will definitely help and I’ll be updating my profile to be more detailed and give a better indication of who I am and what I’m all about.

You’re awesome! Thank you!
Sunshinegirl​(sub female)
Sunshinegirl​(sub female) • Nov 25, 2020
I couldn’t do a ratio, but I am pretty sure there are more men than women on this site. Maybe the staff on here could answer that question!
Miki
Miki • Nov 25, 2020
That's the case anywhere in which sexuality or romantic partner-seeking is the theme. That's just the way it works. Even IRL in a club or bar, not necessarily a seedy meat-market either, the ratio of guys trying their luck is generally higher, and at the end of the night when those still around have had a few drinks, what's left is something one might leave with hanging on their shoulder that the next morning they wouldn't want to scrape off their shoe.

Not to say it's hopeless, but with a knock-em-dead sense of humor/personality, one's odds are better. Aside from that it seens to call for a healthy dose of luck.

As already said, this is not primarily a dating site, although it does have a "personals" section, a place I shall never tread because as I tell people, unfortunately to no avail all too often, I'm not looking to meet anyone I find online, and I'm in here to interact in a friendly manner, sometimes flirty but with the initial caveat generously expressed, learn and sometimes contribute to the combined wisdom of this site's members.

It can be a "win" for you, but you'll have to bring your "A" game to be sure. Don't get discouraged if nothing pops up in any near term period of time, but it does help to be able to take "No" for an answer and move on.

But above all else, just have fun, learn a few things and even if you're new, your perspective can very well help others learn as well.

Remember the cliché, "It's No Good If You Gotta Force It."
Miki
Miki • Nov 25, 2020
Sorry, off the thread but a shout-out to OraclePollon! Your "collar" "Don't Try" ...

I Never thought of that! I might just try it! (the collar words, that is!!!)

It's not exactly "raining men" any more at my Inbox, but there still are the persistent one or two who read my profile yet still keep trying to start texting or set up a "meat and beat".

All I'm here for is useful idea and info exchange.