Online now
Online now

Weaponizing the tools The Cage gives us to protect ourselves

KittyisWatching​(sub female){Protected}
3 years ago • Jan 17, 2021
Bunnie wrote:
Remember that the playground has all sorts of different kids with all sorts of different reasons for playing on the playground. Some like the monkey bars, some like the slippery dip, some like to just run around like headless chickens playing tag or catch and kiss, and some like to huddle in groups and point fingers and gossip. I much prefer the play parts, and leave the finger pointers and gossips to themselves... that’s way too boring for my tastes lol. I hope your friend is ok, and let her know that I know nothing of what occurred, and I accept that her business is none of my business, so as is my usual style, I’ll not be choosing sides, and will always say hi to her, whoever she is icon_biggrin.gif

As for how people choose to use the block button. I see it as someone revealing to me a lot about their character... so it’s a bit of a favour in disguise really.

I really, REALLY feel the need to know what the heck a slippery dip is. American translation please? Anyone?
Bunnie
Bunnie • Jan 17, 2021
Lol! It does sound like something super fun, but it’s just another term for a children’s slide or slippery slide.
SubtleHush​(sub female)
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Jan 17, 2021
Virginie

You don't have to respond to the post. It is as long as yours. But its all good. Agreement isn't required.

When my Sir died in 2015, a woman he 'once knew' posted his photo with her from long ago. I had moved in with him after 6 years and he died suddenly 6 weeks later. Then she posted the photo and I told her on her page to take it the fuck down. He never wanted his face shown here. I was crushed at her selfishness.

Her good friend wrote me and told me to back off. He said in simple terms that if he had to come find me, he would. I contacted multiple resources both vanilla and including the NCSF and was told to block him. I asked what my legal options where and was told that I had none until he had done something. Blocking him did nothing to protect me and wouldn't have stopped him from showing up at my house if he decoded to.

He and this woman did show up at the funeral however and when I walked right up to him. He ran away. But he could have just as easily hurt me.

Blocking someone gives you nothing more than less noise on your screen and less drama in your life.
Virginie​(sub female){lcpw}
well i guess i responded because I felt like responding, not because of any misunderstanding of obligation. Anyway, sorry for your experience, sounds awful. Maybe ill see you around!
BeneathHerNow​(sub male)
3 years ago • Jan 18, 2021
BeneathHerNow​(sub male) • Jan 18, 2021
i'm sure the block was created with the creepy guy stalking you ladies in mind, and rightfully so. I would never say it is never unnecessary. Some dudes can't take no for an answer.
Using it to block who made me mad today is certainly childish, and maybe a reason to be thankful that person blocked you. Makes me think of if you lend someone money you never hear from them again, maybe they are doing you a favor and you are better off without them.
I never block. and even the oddest requests I try to thank them for and say no thanks.