Online now
Online now

A PERSONAL MESSAGE FROM THE FOUNDERS OF THE CAGE

Villanelle​(staff)
6 years ago • Oct 10, 2017

A PERSONAL MESSAGE FROM THE FOUNDERS OF THE CAGE

Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 10, 2017
As the year draws to a close, THE CAGE will mark its 2nd birthday. Soon THE CAGE will transition from our free beta period to become a subscription based website, as was planned from its conception.

For those of you who have been with us from the start, nothing will change. Your account at the cage will always be free.

We formed THE CAGE because we wanted to create a unique space for BDSM enthusiasts, a place that is advanced, progressive, genuine, and secure. With your help, we’ve largely succeeded. But we’ve all noticed a growing problem: scammers.

During the BETA period as word about THE CAGE spread, we began to be targeted by some nefarious individuals. Eventually our team found ourselves dedicating a lot of effort towards identifying, removing, and filtering scammers, both manually and with automated tools. However, since the site is completely free and anonymous, nothing stops these people from finding ways to come back again and again. Unfortunately, as THE CAGE becomes more popular, this problem will become more difficult to handle. The impact on the community could be devastating, jeopardizing what we’ve built over the last two years.

Scammers not only corrupt the user experience, they risk the privacy of the users lured to communicate with them. The presence of fake profiles also fosters excessive suspicion, negatively impacting our friendly, welcoming environment. To let scammers continue unchecked would not only be irresponsible, it will eventually ruin THE CAGE experience.

We think the BDSM community deserves better than this. We pride ourselves at having created a friendly, supportive and genuine community, with zero tolerance for harassment and misogyny. We want to continue what we’ve started: building the perfect atmosphere for beautiful BDSM to thrive in all its glory.

And so, after a lot of consideration, we’ve decided to move forward our plan to do something never done before in an online BDSM community: make THE CAGE a paid, subscription only membership - with no free option. We believe a small, mandatory fee will go a long way towards maintaining the site’s integrity while giving us the means to continue to provide the most advanced services for our premium users.

So what does that mean for you?

You are the solid foundation on which we’ve built THE CAGE community. We want you with us, forever. So for you, your membership will always be free. We promise.

We are also giving you a bit of time to bring your friends onboard before we close off unlimited access. Whoever joins us in the coming days will also have free membership forever as a founding member of our community. We’re planning to cap off open (free) membership at 12,000 users. After that, all new users will have to register for a paid subscription to become members of THE CAGE community. So hurry up and make sure to tell your friends!

Got questions? Fire away! Feel free to message our staff or to post your questions or comments in our corresponding discussion forum. As always, we love hearing from you.

Thank you all for your support! We look forward to continuing to make THE CAGE a BDSM platform and community unlike any other.

THE CAGE Staff
www.thecage.co
    The most loved post in topic
K y i v
6 years ago • Oct 12, 2017
K y i v • Oct 12, 2017
I see the need, also the need for reward for the long hours of work. I am not sure the base is large enough yet.. So few close-- so few real time local events. I know that requires a user base of millions. I hope Cage gets there soon!
Terrymetal​(dom male)
Terrymetal​(dom male) • Oct 12, 2017
The site has a ton of room to grow! There is nothing wrong with trying to stop spammers and other people from destroying two years of hard work! I may be one of the newer members but it's one of the best sites ever!! Keep up the good work!!!
Zeus2512​(dom male)

Generally Speaking.

Zeus2512​(dom male) • Oct 12, 2017
Scammers and fakes are a bane to all sites, be they BDSM or Vanilla. By charging a fee for new members to be able to contact other members can be nothing but good. The use of IP addresses to locate members to their countries would also help. As certain countries are well known for their scamming activities (West African countries in particular), are there plans to implement this as well. Good on you Cage site owners.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 12, 2017
Omg you guys are so sweet...thanks for the understanding and support! We hope you'll find it worthwhile to stick around..we have big plans and we really do owe everyone who has helped us get things off the ground!
pirate
pirate • Oct 12, 2017
evangaline and assaf have established a wonderful website - may it prosper and be fruitful
Dantie​(dom male)
Dantie​(dom male) • Oct 12, 2017
Ya I see adding a fee whont really be a problem, though will people still be able to view blogs, profiles, ads, ands stuff like that even if they are not a member? Personally I feel they should as if it wasn't for me poking about seeing all that I wouldn't have made an account. And I have found my selft interest in another site but not able to see at all how it is without being a member I really havnt got any interest in becoming a member to it. So I hope while there is a fee to become a member people can still look about the wb site without being a member. Maybe add an option for members to decide if thier stuff can be viewed by non members or not.
TheMentor​(dom male)
6 years ago • Oct 13, 2017
TheMentor​(dom male) • Oct 13, 2017
thank you for the information. and thank you for the suscription respect, !
Villanelle​(staff)
6 years ago • Oct 13, 2017
Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 13, 2017
@Dantie, we agree. If you come to a site as a non member you need to see what's going on. You won't be able to interact but yeah, I agree, no one wants to be met with a blank screen. We want to show what we have to offer! We will be offering options for privacy with blogs too as you suggest.

Love the feedback! Keep it coming please!