Online now
Online now

Age role

TheEdge​(other male)
6 years ago • Oct 11, 2017

Age role

TheEdge​(other male) • Oct 11, 2017
In most cases age brings wisdom and experience.
However I’ve met people who were so mature for their age in other words”old souls”.
If you asked me years a go if I would call someone my Goddess or Mistress even if they were younger than me I would have said “No way!”
Now it really comes down to their mind set,their level of intellectual understanding and basically everything else other than their age.
Obviously if you want to start a relationship age comes to play if you like it or not.
But I was wondering if it’s harder for people to accepts people who are younger than them,their Protector and their Dominant ?
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 11, 2017
Age does matter.That doesn't mean you can't be intelligent, experienced, thoughtful, compassionate, or any other wonderful thing if you are young. It also doesn't mean that being older makes you wise or compassionate or anything else. Some people are born thick as fuck and remain so their whole lives. There are people much younger who've experienced difficulties others, no matter how old, can never comprehend. But no amount of intelligence or experience can replace witnessing yourself change over time, seeing what you were so sure of being challenged, things you held firm crumble, disappointing yourself and others, surprising yourself and doing things you've never imagined. Feeling your youth dissipate and therefore holding what you have left more dear than you can ever imagine. Aging is an experience unlike any other. It doesn't make you smarter, it doesn't make you better, but it is a profound and universal experience that cannot be replicated by any amount of intelligence or practice. Whether that particular experience makes someone a good fit as a dominant or submissive is only for you and your partner to say. I wouldn't rule out someone just because of their age, but there are some rights of passage I feel are necessary for someone to know intimately before we can have a connection.
    The most loved post in topic
TheEdge​(other male)
TheEdge​(other male) • Oct 11, 2017
Beautifully put and Very well said Evangeline.
I really like “But no amount of intelligence or experience can replace witnessing yourself change over time, seeing what you were so sure of being challenged, things you held firm crumble, disappointing yourself and others, surprising yourself and doing things you've never imagined.”

I really think we can limit ourselves more than any circumstances by the way we think and the beliefs we have. Makes me so damn proud when I look back to who I was and who I am and who I am going to be cause I learned the secret of being open to life and change.