Online now
Online now

dom class

Flynn Monke
3 years ago • Feb 26, 2021

dom class

Flynn Monke • Feb 26, 2021
is there a class somewhere to learn how to be a dom?
MrFulmen
3 years ago • Feb 26, 2021
MrFulmen • Feb 26, 2021
There are a lot of classes available on a wide range of skills that are relevant for dominating. Having one class that teaches everything about being a dom might be a bit much to ask. icon_smile.gif

Here are a couple of good resources.
Wicked Grounds online workshops: https://www.brownpapertickets.com/profile/3874906
Kink Academy: https://www.kinkacademy.com/
    The most loved post in topic
DrWakko
3 years ago • Feb 27, 2021
DrWakko • Feb 27, 2021
There are no classes on how to be a dom or how to be a sub. That is already in you. There are classes to help you become a better dom or sub.
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Feb 27, 2021
Nothing beats experience, but if you're looking for something specific theres more than a few helpful Doms here
Flynn Monke
Flynn Monke • Feb 27, 2021
House Talion wrote:
Nothing beats experience, but if you're looking for something specific theres more than a few helpful Doms here

i am new to all this so trying to do this right,

thanks for all the feedback
Aria Quinn​(sub female){collared}
Morgan Thorne is a female Dom who has an online presence, I enjoy watching her YouTube channel. She has experience as an educator and with everything being shut down she has taken to teaching online courses where you can ask questions via the chat feature, and the classes are much longer and go into more depth then her YouTube videos. She has a class called discovering dominance that my Dom said he enjoyed, and the price great $20 for a 3 hour class. The next discovering dominance class is scheduled for March 21, and definitely check out the other classes she offers (my Dom and I have taken 4 classes by her so far and have really enjoyed them) I’m going to link the discovering dominance class page here but you can go to all events if you want to see the other classes she has coming up.
http://msmorganthorne.com/event/discovering-dominance-2/
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Feb 27, 2021
Experience only comes, or should only come when the person has the basic skills and knowledge to gain that experience safely. I often see the fake it till you make it concept being put forward to gain experience and BDSM is not the place to do that. BDSM activity can cause life changing injury, even death. Its playing with fire and learning to play with fire so it doesnt burn you takes time, patience and is not something to rush into blindly.

My advice is go to highly regarded peer and community regarded educators as your resource. Those who are widely acknowledged as being quality teachers, with the skill, and knowledge to impart safe, ethical education. Those who have many years of actual lived experience and not randoms with no weight of positive endorsement behind them on kink sites, and that includes this one.

Too many put themselves forward as educators on places like this, and while some good advice, info can be found the problem is without a good existing basic understanding and knowledge of BDSM its hard to test the spirits of what is being said. How does one separate the wheat from the chaff, if one doesn't know the difference? Its important to start out with a solid knowledge base, and not flakey fantasy bull shit. Starting out with a foundation of sand may well lead to hurting someone seriously.

Your new its hard to know where to start, I would start with making a list of the things that interest you, the activities that float your boat. Its important to know though, that keeping it simple and basic, is a more realistic and safer place to begin. Some activities look easy, but in reality are not.

I would suggest the highly regarded books The Loving Dominant new edition, The New Topping Book, Screw The Roses Send Me The Thorns. All available from your kink friendly bookshop or online from the usual sources. These will give you a lot of the basics to build upon.

I would also check out a few online resources such as The submissives guide, the dominants guide, Loving BDSM, The Crow Academy.

I don't want to overwhelm you so the above is keeping it fairly simple and basic, but all of these above are very highly regarded sources of information.

When we are in a post covid world, its important to attend workshops, events, conferences and dungeon 101 events. This will help you take what you have learnt and get group and one to one teaching. There are online classes being offered via zoom and the like all over currently, but unless its under the umbrella of a highly regarded community teaching outreach program or those highly regarded educators offering education, then frankly you are no better of than taking advice from some random with no education credentials. BDSM requires the seeing leading the new, not the blind leading the blind.

The other important thing, is learning from educational facilitators and not one twue way gatekeepers. Those types are very common in the BDSM world, the do it my way or its wrong types, or there is only one BDSM, the twue way. A good teacher gives you the ability, and tools, the keys to discovering your path, not becoming a clone copy of the way the one twue way person is, which in some cases is definitely not what you want to be.

Hope the above is helpful.

Last edited by * on Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Feb 27, 2021
Aria Quinn wrote:
Morgan Thorne is a female Dom who has an online presence, I enjoy watching her YouTube channel. She has experience as an educator and with everything being shut down she has taken to teaching online courses where you can ask questions via the chat feature, and the classes are much longer and go into more depth then her YouTube videos. She has a class called discovering dominance that my Dom said he enjoyed, and the price great $20 for a 3 hour class. The next discovering dominance class is scheduled for March 21, and definitely check out the other classes she offers (my Dom and I have taken 4 classes by her so far and have really enjoyed them) I’m going to link the discovering dominance class page here but you can go to all events if you want to see the other classes she has coming up.
http://msmorganthorne.com/event/discovering-dominance-2/

I think morgan thorne is a reasonably good source of information and educator, not perfect, but better than many. I have been watching her you tube channel for years now and have found it very helpful.
SubtleHush​(sub female)
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Feb 27, 2021
Also, look into the group MDHL they do a lot of dominant on dominant mentoring. You can find them on fetlife in groups.

But please, before you start paying anyone look into free resources or membership into learning groups. I'm a big believer in like working with like. We see a lot of boundary violations with the other. So male doms are probably your best resource for learning more about male dominance.

The bottom line is learning how to be a quality human. What it really means to dominate another. Holding yourself accountable. etc.

I think I read you are in CAL? MDHL started there.