Online now
Online now

Let's talk primal

Dragonlove​(sub female)
2 years ago • Apr 11, 2021

Let's talk primal

Dragonlove​(sub female) • Apr 11, 2021
I'm struggling with this one. It came up on my little BDSM test and it hadn't even hit my radar before that.

I've talked to a few people about it and done a bit of digging to learn more but I want to know what you think primal is. Also, is it not one of the more common kinks?
SirsBabyDoll​(sub female){Pizza+☕}
DaddyDrago recently posted a blog that puts "primal" in-situ. He wrote an erotic story which exemplifies what *I* believe is a good example of primal.

It's not what you think. Check it out for yourself.
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • Apr 11, 2021
When I refer to Primal play, I am referring to scenes and dynamics where the inner Primal entity is brought to the surface. Relying more on instinct and physicality than logic and emotion, the Predator is the hunter who pursues their prey driven by hunger and need as opposed to curiosity or amusement. The prey aims to avoid the Predator as though their life depends on it. They flee or fight back utilizing base cunning as opposed to an overly developed strategy. For me, this kind of play often goes hand in hand with pursuit and takedown, rape play, and even minor vore.

The important part is the instinct and hunger drives. A Primal dynamic may not even involve Predator/prey. The DDlg equivalent might be something akin to Parent/cub, where the D type is protective or otherwise interactive in an animalistic way. A Primal dynamic of cohesion could be the two partners interacting with one another in a similarly aggressive way, perhaps even fighting for dominance.
    The most loved post in topic
I have not crossed paths with many who fit my particular style, which is kind of on the nose with the full on Predator/prey thing. I have met a few s types who have expressed long term interest in pursuit play and are unexpectedly satisfied by the addition of Primal aspects.
As far as other dynamic styles, they present much more as spectrums, so it can be difficult to quantitatively identify a particular dynamic as ‘meeting the requirements’ of being Primal in nature.
One thing I have come across fairly often are people who use the term and concept of Primal to justify character flaws like problematic possessiveness, paranoia, anger issues, and difficulty with commitment; issues much more related to unaddressed self esteem issues than ‘being the much of a beast’. I would caution that you watch out for that sort of thing, unless it is your sort of thing. In that case, I would comment that a good Primal D type can embody all of those traits without being controlled by them.
I would disagree that Primal is relayed to CNC. To me, Primal is like a chess game, with the Submissive's goal being to bring forth intense expression of passion within the Dominant.

Think of it like dating.

Boy sees girl.
Boy makes the move on girl.
Girl rebuffs but flirts.
Boy trys again.
Girl rebuffs less but flirts harder.
Boy trys again.

And so on....it's a dance to see who will give in to their desires first, the goal being the submissive ending up as a puddle of well fucked goo on the floor.

Laughter, passion, wrestling, physicality, raw emotion.
I would say that is almost the opposite of Primal.

Dating is more comparable to the courting rituals of birds and fish flashing their big colorful bellies and dancing persistently to impress a mate than the aggressive and often violent tactics of animals who fight for dominance and are rewarded for being the most aggressive and efficient.
The intricacies of dating and playing hard to get and chess are all overly cognizant, very human practices and lack what I would consider the core of any Primal play. They possess a certain romanticism that would be considered superfluous in a Primal undertaking which has its own romance, generally attributed more to pure, singleminded desire than overdrawn efforts that go into drawn out courting rituals.
Keep in mind, I was speaking from a the mindset that the two people involved are already in a dynamic.....

For me, it's a way to be physically in touch with my body and less in my head.

Once the mating dance is performed, let's get down to the fucking.

Pin me down. Choke me (my kink), wrestle with me, growl, bite, toss me around like I'm a pillow and fuck me hard and make.me scream your name in passion....

But, the hunt, the dance, the anticipation is ALSO part of it.
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Apr 11, 2021
I wouldnt directly call it a kink, I'd say it's more of a personality trait that usually doesnt get consciously acknowledged

At least with primal it's not just sub, dom, or switch. Its simplified between leaders, followers, and everyone else that's just good at what they do which makes them usually morebinportabt than someone that simply knows how to lead.