Online now
Online now

Blocking

subdreamer​(sub female)
2 years ago • Aug 23, 2021
subdreamer​(sub female) • Aug 23, 2021
People block for different reasons. For example, I got blocked just because I said I wasn’t willing to relocate….
MrFulmen
MrFulmen • Aug 23, 2021
There's an easy way to ensure that you never again have problems being blocked by people you barely know. Here's what you do:

Step 1: Accept that people you barely know do not owe you their time or their attention.
Step 2: There is no step 2.

I'm serious. All complaints about blocking. Any angst and frustration you're feeling about being blocked. All the proposals for limiting people's ability to block until they've satisfied your criteria for being allowed to not talk to you... Ultimately it all stems from a fucked up belief that people owe you something that they do not owe you.

If you're winding up to type, "I know they don't owe me their attention BUUUUUUT...." then you haven't really accepted they don't owe you their attention. Everything after that "but" is entitlement, and the person it's hurting most is you.

So long as you keep trying to argue, shame or bully people who do not want to talk to you into talking to you, you will continue to feel aggravated that you cannot always control them. As soon as you let go of feeling entitled to their attention and stop trying to control them, it will cease to bother you.
yourbootsownme​(sub male)
yourbootsownme​(sub male) • Aug 23, 2021
I don't worry about who blocks me, or why. If they don't want to interact with me, fine. I don't even know them, why should I care? I only block people who become a problem, harass me, or are scammers (and even then sometimes I don't bother). I don't think I have blocked anyone on this site yet.
Miki
Miki • Aug 23, 2021
Same here. Everyone is a stranger online so, no skin off my ass.
LaVieEnRose​(sub female){Learning }
2 years ago • Aug 25, 2021
I’ve been blocked and I have blocked, some have blocked me and I’ve never even so much as spoken to them.

I mean maybe it’s their way of saying to remember not to bother messaging that person although you’d think just rereading a profile would tell you that but hey ho whatever. Probably for the better any ways.
I'mME
2 years ago • Sep 18, 2021
I'mME • Sep 18, 2021
EclecticRhetoric wrote:
Welcome to the cage,

I totally agree with needless blocking but, alas, when in rome .. well you couldn't have said it better, there should be stricter guidelines for blocking or atleast additional info as to why someone is blocking to see if it is a pattern.

So you would want policing of people who block too much ?
No Body​(dom male)
2 years ago • Sep 19, 2021
No Body​(dom male) • Sep 19, 2021
There are those who have no idea what NO means and need to be taught that some people do not need them in their life. Most of us hear no and move on but others seem to not understand they are not God's gift to swamp water much less a human being. This is why they are blocked
dodger​(masochist gender fluid)
2 years ago • Sep 19, 2021
DrWakko wrote:
I think a lot of these cyber doms block so they know not to contact you again. From what I've heard is that some of these cyber doms will message a ton of people at a time looking to get off. If you aren't willing to get them off they will block you so they know not to "waste their time".

Don't get upset if you get blocked. They are probably doing you a favor.

Exactly this. It's something that happens in a lot of online social spaces. Usually dudes just spam a bunch of people and then block them so instead of having to remember if they've ever spoken to someone / spammed them before, they just never see them pop up again. Those people are doing you a favor in the long run.
October​(sub female)
2 years ago • Sep 22, 2021
October​(sub female) • Sep 22, 2021
I recently blocked a person as they were repeatedly told the messages and things being sent were making we uncomfortable . I didnt think their behaviour was very good and it made me feel uneasy. I've always been a push over and people pleaser, so I tossed the idea of blocking around in my head for a while. Then I did.
OldSchoolHand
2 years ago • Sep 22, 2021
OldSchoolHand • Sep 22, 2021
There are a couple different reasons why blocking occurs.1 )a sub/ slave is talking to multiple Dom's. She will be feeling them out and seeing who is the best fit out of the crowd. Once she finds something of what she's looking for, she will block all the others and focus on the one.

In some cases the slave we'll set about 80% of her attention on one master and 20% on another that's kind of like a runner-up. This happens a lot it's called hedging the bet.

2) another reason that a slave or sub will block it's just plainly that the person who she is talking to is not going anywhere with the conversation. It would be as if she was talking to her own brother.

3) the third reason is fairly simple that the person on the other end is just being rude
When it comes to Dom's blocking the conversation it could be a variety of reasons there too that may be the Dom being honest with the slave. As an example he is playing around and is actually married. This happens quite often I'm just about any chat line.

It is less likely that a Master will block the slave, as there are plenty of dominant men and few real slaves.