Online now
Online now

Breath play (erotic ashyxation)

androgen kot
2 years ago • Oct 20, 2021

Breath play (erotic ashyxation)

androgen kot • Oct 20, 2021
Hi.
My girlfriend recently suggested me to take part in breath play with some strangulation. She told me about her desire also to strangulate herself in solo.
I am looking for suggestions for safe collars for this dangerous practice.
Dominus eius​(dom male){LittleLott}
Hi,

It’s good to see that you’re trying to get an understanding on this before just diving in.

As with all things within this fun side of life we enjoy, please remember to communicate well with your girlfriend and discuss things up front. Also, have you come across the term RACK (Risk Aware Consensual Kink)? As breath play certainly requires risk awareness.

I would be very wary of the risks of solo strangulation - things do happen, people slip, forget how to release themselves. I would place this very high on the risk side of things. However, ultimately it’s her choice….

You ask about safe collars for this play. Is there a particular reason you want a collar for this? I would recommend on starting slow and building into it as your comfort and confidence grows.

At its simplest, while she is restrained, a piece of tape over her mouth and your fingers to seal her nose. This will put her breathing completely in your control and provide that power exchange. This could then grow into you sealing over her mouth with yours. Then you can breathe through your nose and she can only breathe when you choose to let her.

The advantage of starting with ideas like this is that when you want her to breathe, all you have to do is let go. Much safer than fumbling with releasing a knot, buckle or similar. Then if you struggle, starting to panic and things quickly escalate…..

Just my thoughts - for what they’re worth…
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Oct 20, 2021
It is incredibly dangerous, brain damage is a common result, sometimes cumulative and sadly death has occurred too.

There are those who will argue that this can be made safer, mitigations put in place, but in reality its a game of Russian roulette and to my mind, for me, the risks are so massive it simply is not worth doing. I don’t want to cause brain damage or kill a play partner.

My advice don’t do or try this, with someone or alone.
Miki
Miki • Oct 20, 2021
Steer clear of erotic asphyxiation and way the hell away from self strangulation.

[ Just get a Oiuja board and call up the late David Carradine... found in a closet in Bangkok bare ass naked and dead, with something around his neck. Poor fuck was trying to get the most bang cock in Bangkok. It didn't turn out too well.]

I only mention that because he was a celebrity but be assured there are too many we don't hear about.

As written above, fantasize about it.. have someone give your neck a little squeeze but really, the enhanced orgasms aren't worth having that be the last thing you feel on Earth-- and you (rhet) won't be around to even remember it.

I have met dudes who claim to be total experts at it, know exacly when to stop-- blah blah blah.. That on;ly means they had not gone too far yet... And once they do, they're stuck with a corpse in their bed and a lot of explaining to do to the cops and a likely trip to the can-- you --- won't even get the opportunity to go through that.
    The most loved post in topic
Cressida Clytie​(masochist female){Taken}
Erotic asphyxiation is dangerous. It requires a certain level of knowledge about anatomy and why it can heighten sexual arousal and make orgasms more intense. But Autoerotic Asphyxiation is VERY DANGEROUS. Your GF should never try that alone. Believe me. Been there, done that.

Both actions, if done wrong, may cause brain damage, heart attack, damage to the larynx, and even death.

Knowledge about CPR is also important. (if you can take someone's breath away, you should also know how to bring it back)

Take care and enjoy
Redneck Kitty​(sub female){(mdlg)}
I have a different take. I love it!! But you DEFINITELY have to know what you are doing and NEVER do it solo. I am fully aware of the risks and it is not something I do every day or anything, but if you know what you are doing and it is done safely and with supervision, it can be exhilarating!!!
SirsBabyDoll​(sub female){Pizza+☕}
2 years ago • Oct 21, 2021
Cressida Clytie wrote:
Erotic asphyxiation is dangerous. It requires a certain level of knowledge about anatomy and why it can heighten sexual arousal and make orgasms more intense. But Autoerotic Asphyxiation is VERY DANGEROUS. Your GF should never try that alone. Believe me. Been there, done that.

Both actions, if done wrong, may cause brain damage, heart attack, damage to the larynx, and even death.

Knowledge about CPR is also important. (if you can take someone's breath away, you should also know how to bring it back)

Take care and enjoy

As someone who engages in breath play with a partner, I concur with all of the above, especially that autoerotic Asphyxiation is EXTREMELY dangerous!!!!

Even I wouldn't do it.
BikerDan​(other male)
2 years ago • Oct 21, 2021
BikerDan​(other male) • Oct 21, 2021
I have done lots of various breath control play both using gasmasks and manual strangulation.
Solo play is NOT RECOMMENDED as so much can go wrong with no-one there to assist.
I have always used a pulse oximeter on my sub when doing any breath play so you can monitor their heart rate and get an alarm if the blood oxygen starts dropping out of normal range.