Online now
Online now

Contact with the dom

DollwithKinks​(sub female)
6 years ago • Dec 7, 2017

Contact with the dom

Well I'm quite new to this and there have been many times I'm quite at a loss as to handle a situation that I've never encountered before.
What if your dom/master (keeping in a mind that it is an online relationship) all of a sudden disappears in you? Do you take a hint and stop all communication as well or do you ask about any wrong doing on your part? I'm quite clueless as to how I should handle the current situation I'm in. Do let me know if you have any thoughts regarding this.
Wintermute​(dom male)
Wintermute​(dom male) • Dec 7, 2017
Being ghosted sucks no matter the situation (provided that it's your case).
If you have any way to verify that he's safe and sound and that he's avoiding you on purpose do that and then stop all communications.

Honestly, there are not many resons to disappear completely, even in case of an accident/illness people usually find a way to communicate their status (even from the hospital) in around 24 hours.

If you cannot verify his well being and he didn't get back to answering you in a reasonable time frame, i think it's best to assume you have been ghosted and get over it - i know it can be quite difficult, especially with the complete absence of any form of closure.
Thank you @Wintermute. I really do appreciate the fact that you took out some time to consider my situation.
But in an online relationship it really is quite difficult to find out whether my dom/master has befallen an unvoidabke situation or has ghosted me as you say. I'll of course have to wait patiently.
Gomez A​(switch male){Taken}
Getting ghosted is a pain, I always give my sub an alternate way to get a hold of me in case something does happen and I can't get online. An email address that I always check usually and I've given a simple code that they can give me to know they are worried that something has happened. Luckily, I've not had to do this yet. Being in an online relationship I don't use the silent treatment as a form of punishment.
Lucia​(sub female){not lookin}
If it does turn out he's using silent treatment as a punishment, and that is not something that came up at all in y'alls negotiations, I would caution you to consider it a red flag and think seriously about accepting that punishment and continuing the relationship. I'm a huge believer in EVERYTHING being negotiated, but this isn't some off the cuff experiment in a little thing that didn't occur to y'all before- this is a huge, life-affecting deal and it is not ok for a Dom to inflict a punishment like that without knowing if the practice is consensual. Good luck icon_smile.gif
    The most loved post in topic
Gomez A​(switch male){Taken}
I agree with Lucia. It's not the way to do it, disappearing with no reason or no notification isn't right to do to your sub and not something to do to further the trust needed in that relationship.
K y i v
6 years ago • Dec 8, 2017
K y i v • Dec 8, 2017
Cmon people its all just imaginary and not real ...you have no clue to what the other person is. Its just play. never take online interactions seriously and dont get hurt.
6 years ago • Dec 8, 2017
I suppose that's true too @KievaMadRussian. But it's in the human nature (at least it is in my case ) to get attached to the things that eventually pose the threat of hurting us.