Online now
Online now

Worship and Submission

Lady Char​(sub female)
2 years ago • Dec 21, 2021

Worship and Submission

Lady Char​(sub female) • Dec 21, 2021
I had a conversation with a fellow sub who said she loved worshipping her Dom, could spend hours just kneeling at his feet and kissing his boots. And we got to chatting about exactly what worship meant. Obviously it's got religious connotations, Merriam-Webster defines worship as “to honor or show reverence for as a divine being or supernatural power” and “to regard with great or extravagant respect, honor, or devotion.”

The discussion, and the concept of worship, made me question whether I am actually submissive. I can't conceive of performing actual worship as I understand the term because it implies a ... well a subservience I just don't feel. To me, it puts the person/ thing/ concept being worshipped on a level with a god, and I just can't put anyone that high above myself. Pride, and all that.

I enjoy doing cock worship, but I think that's something different. To me, that's laving attention and seeking not to bring my Dominant to orgasm, but just to pleasure. I couldn't do that to boots, as in the example she gave, because I don't really like feet and shoes are dirty lol but also because it's not sexual so much as subservience.

Maybe that's it? Maybe I can offer sexual submission but not personal? Does that make me a bad submissive? Does that make me "not a real submissive"? No idea. Thoughts welcome. But I am fairly certain that I couldn't bring myself to "worship" my Dominant as a whole.
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male) • Dec 21, 2021
Being worshipped as it's defined in the dictionary would be too much for me. Just waaaay too much attention. But I'd seek full submission from my sub. As I've seen so many times here, it's dependant on the dynamic between the two, three, or however many.

I believe you can only be a bad submissive if you aren't clear and upfront from the beginning about your submissive limits. That whole communication thing.

Be interesting to hear from those who fully worship their Dom. And the Doms that are worshipped.
Lady Char​(sub female)
Dom Pinnacle wrote:
Being worshipped as it's defined in the dictionary would be too much for me. Just waaaay too much attention. But I'd seek full submission from my sub. As I've seen so many times here, it's dependant on the dynamic between the two, three, or however many.

I believe you can only be a bad submissive if you aren't clear and upfront from the beginning about your submissive limits. That whole communication thing.

Be interesting to hear from those who fully worship their Dom. And the Doms that are worshipped.

How do you define "full submission"?

For me, anything sexual is on the table and outside of play I'm happy to adhere to rules on masturbation, daily messages etc, and obviously in play sessions, but I don't allow anything that impacts my day to day life really. No rules on what I wear outside of play, no rules on what I eat. I'd not allow any interference in my decision making on where I go or what I do. Where does that sit with ideas of "full submission"?
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
CharBunny wrote:
Dom Pinnacle wrote:

For me, anything sexual is on the table and outside of play I'm happy to adhere to rules on masturbation, daily messages etc, and obviously in play sessions, but I don't allow anything that impacts my day to day life really. No rules on what I wear outside of play, no rules on what I eat. I'd not allow any interference in my decision making on where I go or what I do. Where does that sit with ideas of "full submission"?

I'm looking for (but not at the moment) a woman that submits to me all day long. For me it's a lifestyle relationship that involves the sex kink but also the day to day living. And she would have to seek that dynamic as well. Remove the bdsm aspect of the equation and I'm still dominant.

There's so many ways this game can be played. None are wrong when all agree to the terms.
Lady Char​(sub female)
Dom Pinnacle wrote:
CharBunny wrote:
Dom Pinnacle wrote:

I'm looking for (but not at the moment) a woman that submits to me all day long. For me it's a lifestyle relationship that involves the sex kink but also the day to day living. And she would have to seek that dynamic as well. Remove the bdsm aspect of the equation and I'm still dominant.

There's so many ways this game can be played. None are wrong when all agree to the terms.

One reason I'm looking for a dynamic and not a relationship. I couldn't live with the type of Dom I like to submit too. I'm in charge in my house 🤣
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
CharBunny wrote:
Dom Pinnacle wrote:
CharBunny wrote:
Dom Pinnacle wrote:

One reason I'm looking for a dynamic and not a relationship. I couldn't live with the type of Dom I like to submit too. I'm in charge in my house 🤣

So my question to you is....when you get ready to settle down, do you see yourself submitting to a Dom? Maybe you'll want a sub man to your dominant woman??
Lady Char​(sub female)
Who says I'm not settled? I could not live with a Dom in my house - we would fight. I keep my kink world separate from my vanilla world, and that works for me.
ButterfliesAndCuffs​(sub female)
I don’t know that I could worship a Dom like that either. Now I do like the thought of kneeling by his side or at his feet so maybe that’s a little worship-y.

I will say this though: you’re still a submissive if you don’t go as far as worship.
Lady Char​(sub female)
ButterfliesAndCuffs wrote:
I don’t know that I could worship a Dom like that either. Now I do like the thought of kneeling by his side or at his feet so maybe that’s a little worship-y.

I will say this though: you’re still a submissive if you don’t go as far as worship.

It's such a loaded word, I feel. I can do respect. I can do service. I can so submission. I can't do worship.

Maybe it's more applicable to Ms rather than Ds? I've no slave experience, so I don't know.
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
CharBunny wrote:
Who says I'm not settled? I could not live with a Dom in my house - we would fight. I keep my kink world separate from my vanilla world, and that works for me.

Understood.