Online now
Online now

Strictly Online D/s Relationship 1:1 Pros and Cons

Zvengali
2 years ago • Jan 3, 2022
Zvengali • Jan 3, 2022
...........Pro....None (Possible learning)

..........Con....Its just pretend.

Nothing will ever take the place of a real time BDSM/or lifestyle life. One can learn "Theory" and be well learned on the knowledge side of things. But without any real time experience....its just pretend.

I have re-trained on a mental/physical level with submissives, who stated they had a Dominant for several years. But had never ever seen them in real time. So, they may have learned quite a bit. Yet, had no idea of how a certain item of play actually felt like. Or what it truly felt like to be kneeling in front of your Dominant and feeling the depth of your bond with him/her.
DrWakko
DrWakko • Jan 3, 2022
Pro: it allows married people to cheat on their partners and never have to leave the house to do so.
Pro: Makes you a much better at one handed typing.
Pro: You can believe someone cares about you.
Pro: You can think someone listens to you.

Con: you are still alone on your computer jerking off.
Zvengali
Zvengali • Jan 3, 2022
DrWakko wrote:
Pro: it allows married people to cheat on their partners and never have to leave the house to do so.
Pro: Makes you a much better at one handed typing.
Pro: You can believe someone cares about you.
Pro: You can think someone listens to you.

Con: you are still alone on your computer jerking off.

.................Absolutely the TRUTH.... Pretending...
MelMell​(dom female)
MelMell​(dom female) • Jan 3, 2022
I preferred online only relationships for years but have changed my mind a few years back. I could give you a lot of pros and cons but I’ll keep it to only one of each.

Pro: you get to really know the person. You won’t get distracted by the sexual chemistry but will instead focus on the personality which is frankly the most important thing. I’ve noticed that people seem more honest online than in person, might be because not everyone ends up meeting face to face?
Con: they are not physically there. You can’t decide to go over to their place for a surprise, go on a date, cuddle up to watch a movie, kick their ass off of bed in your sleep, laugh your ass off when they trip… the smaller things in life that can only be seen in person. You can’t see their facial expressions or tell their bad and good habits. You miss so much more of who they are and so many things that can’t be shared.

I am a firm believer of starting online and after x amount of time meeting in person. I feel that it gives time to get to know each other as individuals while online and then in person you can share everything that was talked about online
Zvengali
Zvengali • Jan 3, 2022
Pro: you get to really know the person. You won’t get distracted by the sexual chemistry but will instead focus on the personality which is frankly the most important thing. I’ve noticed that people seem more honest online than in person, might be because not everyone ends up meeting face to face?

And your thinking that, the other person you never see nor ever will meet. Will be honest ? The internet that anonymity is king ? Where anyone can be someone other than who they really are ? Tell you anything you want to hear ? This is PRO: ? Ok... ummm Would you be interested in buying some BITCOIN from me...????
Master Raf​(dom male)
Master Raf​(dom male) • Jan 3, 2022
ButterfliesAndCuffs wrote:
Pro: I can’t believe it’s not mentioned yet - physically it’s safer. No potential physical abuse and no possible STDs either.

Cons: Never getting to go out on dates with your partner.

Much safer now in Covid times.
SirYesSir​(dom male)
SirYesSir​(dom male) • Jan 3, 2022
I see requests for online & even online-only D/s relationships. I can understand it maybe as a way to start slowly & build trust /rapport /insight into & with the other party. Maybe as a risk reduction for a /sub (or a Dom) who has been disappointed /burned in prior relationships.

However, TBH , I really don't get it. i would not presume to speak for anyone else but, to me, "satisfaction" from online-only is equivalent to psycho-babble. it sounds good but solves nothing. My mental needs are important but my physical need(s) are the driving force for why I am in this lifestyle. I need to see, touch, smell my /sub.. the feel of her skin as i disrobe her. i also want to feel here determination to please me. I know i could still hear it all, but i need to to feel her gush, quiver & quake when she cums. Feel her twisting & trying to push herself away from my grasp when it's too much stimulation... I also need to feel her laying under me /next to me /on me as we recover.

More power to those who are fulfilled by online or online-only, but it's not for me.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
SirYesSir wrote:
I see requests for online & even online-only D/s relationships. I can understand it maybe as a way to start slowly & build trust /rapport /insight into & with the other party. Maybe as a risk reduction for a /sub (or a Dom) who has been disappointed /burned in prior relationships.

However, TBH , I really don't get it. i would not presume to speak for anyone else but, to me, "satisfaction" from online-only is equivalent to psycho-babble. it sounds good but solves nothing. My mental needs are important but my physical need(s) are the driving force for why I am in this lifestyle. I need to see, touch, smell my /sub.. the feel of her skin as i disrobe her. i also want to feel here determination to please me. I know i could still hear it all, but i need to to feel her gush, quiver & quake when she cums. Feel her twisting & trying to push herself away from my grasp when it's too much stimulation... I also need to feel her laying under me /next to me /on me as we recover.

More power to those who are fulfilled by online or online-only, but it's not for me.

My feelings, exactly. I've noticed a few people here that have "online only" in their profiles and immediately write them off as nothing more than role players. I can get onboard with the idea of starting out on line for an introductory period, but never would I want to get into any relationship that has a ZERO chance of becoming a real face to face one. Of course, I HAVE to make the obligatory disclaimer of "don't be mad at me for expressing my own thoughts"