Online now
Online now

Is there something halfway between Dd/lg & D/s?

ButterfliesAndCuffs​(sub female){Caught}
10 months ago • Jan 8, 2022
Yes it makes perfect sense. That’s what appeals to me too. There are doms that have that daddy side without you having to be a little, but also that firm assertive dominant side too. It’s really a perfect combination.
lasumisa
10 months ago • Jan 8, 2022
lasumisa • Jan 8, 2022
ButterfliesAndCuffs wrote:
Yes it makes perfect sense. That’s what appeals to me too. There are doms that have that daddy side without you having to be a little, but also that firm assertive dominant side too. It’s really a perfect combination.


Thanks it’s nice to meet someone with a similar ideal 😊
OG Cupcake​(sub female){Umberlee}
10 months ago • Jan 12, 2022
i once got so frustrated with everyone's answer being "everyone's dynamic is different" (even when just simplistic curiosities) BUT after some experience with in a true dynamic... yes! that is just the right answer. everyone is different. sometimes you going in thinking one thing, only to realize another. the right one will take the time and have that patience with you. just remember to communicate!! it truly is a must.

and i understand your question because i had a similar one myself ages ago...i am not a little but i most certainly thrive with a caring and nurturing Dominant. one that knows when to push me and one that knows im both fragile yet unbreakable.

hth
lasumisa
10 months ago • Jan 12, 2022
lasumisa • Jan 12, 2022
OG Cupcake wrote:
i once got so frustrated with everyone's answer being "everyone's dynamic is different" (even when just simplistic curiosities) BUT after some experience with in a true dynamic... yes! that is just the right answer. everyone is different. sometimes you going in thinking one thing, only to realize another. the right one will take the time and have that patience with you. just remember to communicate!! it truly is a must.

and i understand your question because i had a similar one myself ages ago...i am not a little but i most certainly thrive with a caring and nurturing Dominant. one that knows when to push me and one that knows im both fragile yet unbreakable.


Thank you yes that does help 😊
hth
LongerJohnny​(dom male){Catcher}
10 months ago • Jan 12, 2022
As a Daddy/Dom I can assure you that there is a whole lot of in between, but I don't need a little in order to express my Daddy side. As you pointed out it is the idea of a nurturing, protective, caring Dom. He could feel that way toward a sub or masochist or slave or whoever he happens to be in whatever type of relationship with just as much as he feels it for a little.

I could have those Daddy tendencies and never need a little for them as long as I have someone I can nurture, protect, and care for.
Likewise I don't stop being a Dom simply because I have a little. You have to find your own in-between.

It's about power exchange and as long as all parties are in agreement that exchange can take place no matter what titles or categories they use.
lasumisa
10 months ago • Jan 13, 2022
lasumisa • Jan 13, 2022
LongerJohnny wrote:
As a Daddy/Dom I can assure you that there is a whole lot of in between, but I don't need a little in order to express my Daddy side. As you pointed out it is the idea of a nurturing, protective, caring Dom. He could feel that way toward a sub or masochist or slave or whoever he happens to be in whatever type of relationship with just as much as he feels it for a little.

I could have those Daddy tendencies and never need a little for them as long as I have someone I can nurture, protect, and care for.
Likewise I don't stop being a Dom simply because I have a little. You have to find your own in-between.

It's about power exchange and as long as all parties are in agreement that exchange can take place no matter what titles or categories they use.


Thank you for your reply 😊 it’s all very encouraging
tallslenderguy​(other male)
10 months ago • Jan 13, 2022

Re: Is there something halfway between Dd/lg & D/s?

lasumisa wrote:
I ask because the idea of a nurturing, protective, caring Dom with that steely dominant core really appeals to me but being treated as a little doesn’t.
Does that make any sense?


As others, i too would say: "yes., all our relationships are individual and custom made and labels are a starting point, not an absolute defining point."

That said, not everyone is fluid in their definitions and ideas of what constitutes a "Dom, sub, little, etc. ad infinitum. i find there's generally two types of D/s people (actually, i think this applies to all people, not just D/s):

1) Those who have an idea or definition of what they think should be. A set of rules and regulations, so to speak, that they believe should be conformed to. I.e., the definition is more important than the persons feelings or thoughts. To me, it's a letter of the law approach.

2) Those who have an idea or definition of what they want/need, but they put their own thoughts, feelings, self, above the rules and regulations. To me, that is more a spirit of the law approach.

my read of what you describe is the latter approach. There are those in D/s (on both sides) who think D/s is a dictatorial relationship of superior and inferior, Others look at it as two equals coming from opposite sides, and as opposites, there is attraction and bonding.

i'm the latter kind of sub. i have a nature that wants to be controlled and submit, but as an individual in a compatible context. For instance, i'm a bottom sexually and that has some very specific meaning for me. i have been with Tops who's definition of Top/bottom is compatible with my own, and because of that compatibility, Their Domination and control works with my submissive nature. We just simply fit.

That's a simple example, and there are plethora needs and desires that each side has. my approach to D/s is to partner with a person who has as many compatible needs/desires as we can discover in communication. i think that entering a relationship without knowing those things is putting the cart before the horse, and i think that happens when a relationship is formed based on the number 1 approach mentioned above, based on the label vs the actual contents of the persons involved.
lasumisa
10 months ago • Jan 13, 2022

Re: Is there something halfway between Dd/lg & D/s?

lasumisa • Jan 13, 2022
tallslenderguy wrote:
lasumisa wrote:
I ask because the idea of a nurturing, protective, caring Dom with that steely dominant core really appeals to me but being treated as a little doesn’t.
Does that make any sense?


As others, i too would say: "yes., all our relationships are individual and custom made and labels are a starting point, not an absolute defining point."

That said, not everyone is fluid in their definitions and ideas of what constitutes a "Dom, sub, little, etc. ad infinitum. i find there's generally two types of D/s people (actually, i think this applies to all people, not just D/s):

1) Those who have an idea or definition of what they think should be. A set of rules and regulations, so to speak, that they believe should be conformed to. I.e., the definition is more important than the persons feelings or thoughts. To me, it's a letter of the law approach.

2) Those who have an idea or definition of what they want/need, but they put their own thoughts, feelings, self, above the rules and regulations. To me, that is more a spirit of the law approach.

my read of what you describe is the latter approach. There are those in D/s (on both sides) who think D/s is a dictatorial relationship of superior and inferior, Others look at it as two equals coming from opposite sides, and as opposites, there is attraction and bonding.

i'm the latter kind of sub. i have a nature that wants to be controlled and submit, but as an individual in a compatible context. For instance, i'm a bottom sexually and that has some very specific meaning for me. i have been with Tops who's definition of Top/bottom is compatible with my own, and because of that compatibility, Their Domination and control works with my submissive nature. We just simply fit.

That's a simple example, and there are plethora needs and desires that each side has. my approach to D/s is to partner with a person who has as many compatible needs/desires as we can discover in communication. i think that entering a relationship without knowing those things is putting the cart before the horse, and i think that happens when a relationship is formed based on the number 1 approach mentioned above, based on the label vs the actual contents of the persons involved.


Thank you that’s a lovely, thoughtful response.
RogueWolf​(dom male){Gaiawolf}
10 months ago • Jan 14, 2022
For myself it goes beyond a simple yes.

What is your definition of little?
As there's a lot that umbrella covers.
It's not just women who like to act like babies, or toddlers. It goes right the way up to those that act like teenagers; even older teens. Although they prefer the term middle or babygirl.
Perhaps you fit more into that category, or maybe you're just not comfortable with idea of calling someone Daddy.
Daddy, Sir, Master.. the title in itself isn't important. It's an honourific. So come up with your own that you are comfortable with.. or look for someone who fits your ideal view of a Dominant, who may or may not be Daddy, may or may not be a sadist, may or may not be primal; or a mix and match of them.

Ultimately at the end of the day, find what's right for you.
creidsinn​(sub female)
10 months ago • Jan 14, 2022
creidsinn​(sub female) • Jan 14, 2022
I think that sometimes we lump little and baby girls together. For me, it’s not so. To me little deal in age regression, whereas baby girls deal with more of a role play. I’m not saying baby girls can’t be a babygirl all the time, they can. For some it actually is simply role-play used for specific scenes, however, I think for most self-identified babygirls this is not the case. Some may always identify as a babygirl as opposed to it being a “headspace” that they go into because they have certain childlike personality traits. Or they may identify with babygirl because of a more nurturing dynamic with their partner. For others it may come out under specific circumstances, like in the bedroom. It may be a headspace they go into for molestation or incest play because it’s what turns them on. The point here is that the babygirl identity can take many different forms and manifest differently for everyone.

In short, you can be and feel however you wish. Also, and a big YAY!, there’s a dominant for every submissive. Just be honest about what you want and you’ll find it….eventually. I’m a masochist slave with a lot of babygirl in me and thought I’d never find anyone comparable with that.

If you find you, the true you, you’ll find a match.