Online now
Online now

Profile pictures, smiles anyone

TwoRingsOneChain
2 years ago • Jan 23, 2022

Profile pictures, smiles anyone

TwoRingsOneChain • Jan 23, 2022
I don't know about you guys, but I do get a little bit frustrated when I want to see pictures of the guy or whoever send me messages and two things occur. There will be a ton a black and white pictures and none of them match the host. Then the other thing that I think it's kind of funny personally. The person whose profile you're looking at almost always has a grumpy face.

If you were putting a profile out there for a company to hire you, and they would see that face. I could about guarantee you'll never get the job.

Why, because people want to hire happy people. The same is true in my mind for who I want to get together with. If the person in the picture is going to look like I just got out of a fight or in a bad mood. It just doesn't come off as inviting.

So at least put one smiling picture out there let us see your true self instead of a grumpy, uninviting look, please.
minasubforu
minasubforu • Jan 23, 2022
Haha. I think they're trying to look tough with those faces. I agree they are awful.
A Cloud​(sub female){Owned}
There are numerous reasons why people do not put face pics. The obvious is privacy - many have social and work lives that have to remain distinctly seperate from this world.
There is also the notion that people are seeking emotional and intellectual connection that is removed from physical aspects. I can attest to enjoying the discovery of someone's person before being influenced by physical characteristics. I enjoy seeing the thinking behind the person, which is often expressed through images that show interests and tastes. Discovery and mystery is a lovely thing that can stimulate online interactions and prolong anticipation.
This site offers more of that mental aspect and choice about showing images of themself as opposed to other sites like FetLife that is heavily influenced by physical depictions.
    The most loved post in topic
Miki
Miki • Jan 23, 2022
Very simple for me. What you (RHET) see is all you get...

I put ONE pic out, one that's newer than before, and nothing else:---

Why?? :
My facebook was hacked and my pics were scattered about ( and even photoshopped into questionable material) by various interests to promote their "date site" scams,.

My pic is here for one reason only, for those reading my posts to know where they're coming from. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Jan 23, 2022
Betty Tails wrote:
There are numerous reasons why people do not put face pics. The obvious is privacy - many have social and work lives that have to remain distinctly seperate from this world.
There is also the notion that people are seeking emotional and intellectual connection that is removed from physical aspects. I can attest to enjoying the discovery of someone's person before being influenced by physical characteristics. I enjoy seeing the thinking behind the person, which is often expressed through images that show interests and tastes. Discovery and mystery is a lovely thing that can stimulate online interactions and prolong anticipation.
This site offers more of that mental aspect and choice about showing images of themself as opposed to other sites like FetLife that is heavily influenced by physical depictions.

I agree.
The reason why I don't have any face pics for now is because I live in a very small town where my family is very prominent. I would rather keep a low profile until I move from here and can put some distance between myself and the nosy people in this town. Just in case. But I eventually share pics with people I meet and begin to get along well with; chat, phone, cam, all that. So for me it is not so much a secret as a temporary precaution.
Plus, some of us are on multiple sites. I have the same profile and pics on Fet and CollarSpace as I have here so I'd risk even greater exposure if I had face pics on all three.
I prefer to have my profile and blog get the attention, I'll decide about the rest after that.
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Jan 23, 2022
Betty Tails wrote:

I agree.
The reason why I don't have any face pics for now is because I live in a very small town where my family is very prominent. I would rather keep a low profile until I move from here and can put some distance between myself and the nosy people in this town. Just in case. But I eventually share pics with people I meet and begin to get along well with; chat, phone, cam, all that. So for me it is not so much a secret as a temporary precaution.
Plus, some of us are on multiple sites. I have the same profile and pics on Fet and CollarSpace as I have here so I'd risk even greater exposure if I had face pics on all three.
I prefer to have my profile and blog get the attention, I'll decide about the rest after that.
LittleSubBBW​(sub female)
LittleSubBBW​(sub female) • Jan 23, 2022
Totally understand why some people don’t put face pics. My thing is, smile when you do put a face pic. That is usually one of the first questions I ask, why aren’t you smiling in your pic? After all, isn’t it worth smiling at the prospect of dominating me? Joking, but really, I want to see that you are more than serious/grumpy guy.
A Cloud​(sub female){Owned}
After rereading the OP, I see that it was about those who do already have a face pic or are sending one. In that case, I agree - I hate poor photography and poor efforts. If it's that they are not comfortable to show something, they just need to say it. I suppose you could just state as such, in a respectful manner, and ask them to resend a better pic?!
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}

Re: Profile pictures, smiles anyone

Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Jan 23, 2022
TwoRingsOneChain wrote:
The other thing that I think it's kind of funny personally. The person whose profile you're looking at almost always has a grumpy face. If you were putting a profile out there for a company to hire you, and they would see that face. I could about guarantee you'll never get the job. If the person in the picture is going to look like I just got out of a fight or in a bad mood. It just doesn't come off as inviting. Put one smiling picture out there let us see your true self instead of a grumpy, uninviting look, please.

It's not uncommon for some people to adopt poses and facial expressions they believe convey authority or projects a sense of "gravity" or brooding sexiness. Some fall back on what they believe to be "sultry" by going the duck face route or by adopting the head thrown back, open mouthed and eyes rolled back in their sockets look.

People are going to present themselves in the light they feel most comfortable in and face the prospect of someone else having a private, or not so private laugh at them. Some folks have a hankering to move other people's chess pieces around the playing board for them when the mating and dating game depends on both players making their own moves. 😉
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Jan 23, 2022
Betty Tails wrote:
I enjoy seeing the thinking behind the person, which is often expressed through images that show interests and tastes. Discovery and mystery is a lovely thing that can stimulate online interactions and prolong anticipation.
I've never let a person's looks determine whether or not I'll interact with them either. For me seeing what kind of music someone listens to is an even bigger factor in determining my compatibility with them. Certain genres/artists will send me screaming in the opposite direction when I see them shared on a person's blog, for instance. I couldn't agree more about making our mating dances as slow and deliciously anticipatory as possible. I am honestly bewildered by some people's rush to sprint when a leisurely stroll is so satisfying.