Online now
Online now

When you make a mistake; or generally fuck up - what do you do?

Noire{Owned (NH)}
2 years ago • Jan 28, 2022
Noire{Owned (NH)} • Jan 28, 2022
In my opinion, clear communication is essential for me. If I feel that something is not right. Or I am emotionally unbalanced. I will bring this situation to my said dominant partner. In the hopes of moving forward and improving our connection.

On the other side of the coin. If I am the one who “misbehaved” or made a mistake. I will have a clear conversation about it. Identify/ acknowledge the emotions we both are feeling. Apologize for my “mistake” an nurture my dominant partner.

But.. Yeah that’s my take on it. 😅
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
2 years ago • Jan 28, 2022
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Jan 28, 2022
I'm quick to express my sincere apologies for having failed - if it was a task poorly performed or even totally neglected - and I accept whatever punishment he deems appropriate. My own humiliation in having disappointed my man is more keenly felt than any punishment, and as such, I will also express my intent to strive to do better in the future and even ask for additional guidance or suggestions to steer me in my effort. If I fail to communicate properly or am inadvertently thoughtless or "less than" (fill in the blank), I'll repeat the above steps and I'm always careful to make sure he knows how ashamed I am to have offered him less than my best effort. My belief is that apologies mean little without a reassurance that the offender will make a concerted effort to avoid repeating the offense - and THEN making good on avoiding any repeat of the poor or offending behavior.
Kingjeremythewicked
2 years ago • Jan 29, 2022
Kingjeremythewicked • Jan 29, 2022
As a Dom, I will apologize, only if i feel it is warranted or needed. Otherwise, I will learn from the mistake and it will not happen a second time.
2 years ago • Jan 30, 2022
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Jan 30, 2022
Kingjeremythewicked wrote:
As a Dom, I will apologize, only if i feel it is warranted or needed.
I'm confused since the OP asked: "What happens when the Dominant makes a mistake or as the topic says generally fucks up"
Am I understanding you to be saying that even if you fuck up you don't feel an apology is necessarily in order?
RogueWolf​(dom male){Gaiawolf}
WytchyWoman wrote:
I'm confused since the OP asked: "What happens when the Dominant makes a mistake or as the topic says generally fucks up"
Am I understanding you to be saying that even if you fuck up you don't feel an apology is necessarily in order?

it's what it's sounding like to me. To err is human, so I feel it's better to ask for forgiveness.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Jan 30, 2022
RogueWolf wrote:
WytchyWoman wrote:

it's what it's sounding like to me. To err is human, so I feel it's better to ask for forgiveness.

His profile DOES say he has no first hand experience and is new to the lifestyle but not being able to admit a mistake doesn't bode well for any future interactions as far as I'm concerned. 🤷
cherilynn​(sub female)
cherilynn​(sub female) • Jan 30, 2022
I admit my mistake or screw up, give a sincere apology without expecting forgiveness, try to make sure it doesn't happen again and then leave the rest up to the person who was wronged.
Shaynna​(dom female)
2 years ago • Feb 1, 2022
Shaynna​(dom female) • Feb 1, 2022
I think is important for Doms/Dommes to never forget that both they and their subs are humans and as a human, the sub has the right to receive an apology and, as it was said before on this topic, the Dom/Domme should also make up for it if needed and avoid to repeat the same mistakes.
If not, what's the difference between them and an abuser?

No one is perfect, we all make mistakes and we should try to learn from them.
Purple Freesia
2 years ago • Feb 5, 2022
Purple Freesia • Feb 5, 2022
Really want to thank everyone for their input; it has put several interesting thoughts into my brain.

First, yes we all make mistakes

Second, learning from yours and others mistakes is very helpful.

Third, mistakes have a way of deepening or strengthening a bond between 2 or more people if there's more.

Fourth, repeatedly making mistakes could mean you may not understand someone else's or your own expectations.

Fifth, with forgiveness and grace every mistake can be forgotten.

Thank you again, be well.