DrWakko
2 years ago • Apr 12, 2022
DrWakko • Apr 12, 2022
Here is another good group to check out:

http://pockle.org/
Mufasadagreat
Mufasadagreat • Apr 12, 2022
Hello and welcome to the cage. This Community have more positive people than negative ones so don’t let few bad comments scare you away. Have fun and enjoy your journey.
MykelAngelo​(sub female)
MykelAngelo​(sub female) • Apr 12, 2022
Defender wrote:
Looking at the question from over here in England, I do find it it sad when people find it necessary to identify themselves by their skin colour - and look for groups of people who have the same skin colour as themselves.

If, as a white person, I did that I would instantly be called a racist.

I prefer to look at people as human beings first, kinksters second - and race/colour nowhere.

I would prefer my lifestyle not to be segregated by skin colour.

Maybe I am wrong.

Hello there, I am offering insight just incase you genuinely don't have any understanding about where she's coming from. Being rejected and isolated for being a person of color is a normal occurrence. She's not seeking out black people as an exclusionary thing, she's looking for a place that she knows is safe. Read her post again. She doesnt want to be alone. She wants to know that despite the demographics of this community, there are people here who will accept her and support her and help guide her in the right direction. You're right about one thing though. It absolutely sucks that she has to do that
TheSvth​(dom male)
TheSvth​(dom male) • Apr 12, 2022
Hello hello icon_smile.gif Yes, there are plenty of us out here. I can totally understand and relate to the feeling of being isolated and alone at times in this kink life, but I always remind myself that if I exist......others exist as well. Try to keep that in mind. And I'm very proud of how our presence is ever growing. This thread alone is so healthy and it was a joy to see what everyone (mostly everyone) has to say!
event horizon{NotLooking}
2 years ago • Apr 13, 2022
event horizon{NotLooking} • Apr 13, 2022
Defender wrote:
Looking at the question from over here in England, I do find it it sad when people find it necessary to identify themselves by their skin colour - and look for groups of people who have the same skin colour as themselves.

I prefer to look at people as human beings first, kinksters second - and race/colour nowhere.

Maybe I am wrong.

Fuckin yikes, man. Ew.
You need to learn about how communities of people become systematically marginalized, particularly how that's a thing for black folks, especially in the U.S., but definitely also in England, and how you as a cis het white guy inadvertently benefit from those systems. People of color, LGBTQ people, etc etc, are all HEAVILY marginalized in many places in the world, and look for or create groups for themselves because they need support they are not getting from their general communities. We have black history month, gay pride, minority scholarships, etc etc, not to raise those people above everyone else, but to try to balance the scales. You don't need special groups or clubs or whatever because you are not marginalized. Most things already include you. Do not come in here judging anyone for seeking people and groups who share their experience when the outside world does not.
MidKnightSun wrote:
Defender wrote:

Maybe I am wrong.

Now that that's done and you got it all out of your system, do you feel like you've accomplished anything?

Do you feel heard? Do you feel like you've supplanted the narrative?

Maybe you can write an essay on each prompt and submit that as well.

I will be checking grammar and spelling. Extra credit if the light bulb turns on and you realize, "No one asked you".

Let it serve as your education on race relations.

I wanna high-5 you so much rn, lol.
Sasa​(dom female)
Sasa​(dom female) • Apr 13, 2022
Welcome here and I hope you have a lot of fun and for sure you will find your tribe. Also congratulations to the virtue group too, you got to know them straight away. They will follow you with a steadily raised index finger, but they just try to protect everyone or at least some ... if you like or need that or not, lol. They are good people, but ignore them if you want and follow their advices if it fits.
Sasa wrote:
Welcome here and I hope you have a lot of fun and for sure you will find your tribe. Also congratulations to the virtue group too, you got to know them straight away. They will follow you with a steadily raised index finger, but they just try to protect everyone or at least some ... if you like or need that or not, lol. They are good people, but ignore them if you want and follow their advices if it fits.

Calling us "the virtue group" implies that our concern is not genuine, or that we who speak up against ignorance and prejudice should keep quiet, lest we be critiqued by people like you. Can people go overboard sometimes and actually be virtue signaling? Yes. Is that always the case? Definitely not. I can't speak for the experience of others, but I am both Jewish and bisexual, so I was speaking just as much about others as I was about myself. Is your indifference and silence toward ignorance and prejudice really so much better than those who speak out against it?
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Apr 13, 2022
Oceanic wrote:
Calling us "the virtue group" implies that our concern is not genuine, or that we who speak up against ignorance and prejudice should keep quiet, lest we be critiqued by people like you. Is your indifference and silence toward ignorance and prejudice really so much better than those who speak out against it?
Far be it from me to answer for anyone other than myself—but I *am* going to suggest that you misunderstood the context. English is not Sasa's first language but she is a kind and lovely woman. I believe her remarks were a tongue-in-cheek criticism of another comment made by a male dominant though.
Spellbound Wytch wrote:
Oceanic wrote:
Calling us "the virtue group" implies that our concern is not genuine, or that we who speak up against ignorance and prejudice should keep quiet, lest we be critiqued by people like you. Is your indifference and silence toward ignorance and prejudice really so much better than those who speak out against it?
Far be it from me to answer for anyone other than myself—but I *am* going to suggest that you misunderstood the context. English is not Sasa's first language but she is a kind and lovely woman. I believe her remarks were a tongue-in-cheek criticism of another comment made by a male dominant though.

If that's the case then I apologize if I did misunderstand, but she probably could have replied directly to his comment so as not to allow that confusion. Also, one person is not a group, so I don't think you're correct.