Online now
Online now

Helpful hints (hopefully) for profiles and post

tallslenderguy​(other male)
1 year ago • Sep 26, 2022

Helpful hints (hopefully) for profiles and post

Starting this thread smiling and with friendly intentions.

When you read a profile or post, what are some of the things you encounter that may be a blind spot to the writer? Not necessarily a purposeful thing, maybe an inadvertent omission?

One thing i encounter frequently here is reading a profile, and sometimes a post, where the writer doesn't clarify they are speaking about a female, male, trans person, ___________. i cannot count the number of profiles i've read where the author states they are looking for a "relationship, partner, etc., and there's no indication in their identity if they are straight, gay, bi, pan, __________________. my guess is it's simple habit of being part of the majority, default heterosexual group and assuming (usually looking at guys here, since i'm a gay guy) that everyone will know what you're talking about?

We've got a pretty mixed group of people here, i suspect i'm not the only one to encounter this?
Secret Mind​(dom male)
Secret Mind​(dom male) • Sep 26, 2022
I don't see it as an issue with it. I shouldn't have to tell everyone about my identity or sexuality. That's just too weird to me.
"Hey I'm J a straight cis man who is only interested in cis women"
Plus you can only imagine the kind of hate that will bring. But imagine that being on 90% of the profiles. Might not make you feel so good.
I've seen plenty of profiles of lesbian and gay men who specify what they want. Usually something like
"I'm only interested in other women, so if you're a man then do us a favor and fuck off!!!! No, you're not the exception, no I don't want a 3 some with you, no I something something"

Plus this site does have a sexual orientation status that you can choose from 6 different options. But it doesn't seem to show on our profiles. So maybe the Cage Staff can look into this and get it put on to the profiles.
Although it might make things too cluttered on profiles.
So it might not be so much of a people issue but more of an the site needs a small update issue.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
Secret Mind wrote:
I don't see it as an issue with it. I shouldn't have to tell everyone about my identity or sexuality. That's just too weird to me.
"Hey I'm J a straight cis man who is only interested in cis women"

i may have been less than clear. Just read your profile and you fulfill my request perfectly when you include:

"I am still open to talking and open to having another female submissive." in your profile.

It makes it clear to me that your'e looking for a "female," not a gay guy. Doesn't have to be complex or formal, just something that helps us non straight people know when the profile says "person" or "partner" or "someone", etc., if we are included or not in what you are looking for.
CSI
CSI
1 year ago • Sep 27, 2022
CSI • Sep 27, 2022
I don't know that many males realize that having amateur pictures of naked women on their own profile (usually in submissive poses) generally makes a woman either pass completely on getting in touch with them or, at the very least, think long and hard about what that picture means.
    The most loved post in topic
Flossy
1 year ago • Oct 1, 2022
Flossy • Oct 1, 2022
I think you are being too opinionated.
Some like to pose and some may like to perform to the camera.
Sun poses by ‘Dom’s’ is laughable and same for subs…that’s only shared personally and between you and another…not for the cage or elsewhere
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
1 year ago • Oct 2, 2022
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male) • Oct 2, 2022
CSI wrote:
I don't know that many males realize that having amateur pictures of naked women on their own profile (usually in submissive poses) generally makes a woman either pass completely on getting in touch with them or, at the very least, think long and hard about what that picture means.

So...does that mean I should remove the very pretty foot pic I added to my profile recently? Even though it's only a naked foot, I'm curious if the ladies wouldn't like it.
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
1 year ago • Oct 2, 2022
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male) • Oct 2, 2022
Tallslenderguy you make a good point. It made me go back and check my profile. I didn't write heterosexual but there are clear indications that I love the ladies. Agreed that our chosen orientation should show.
Sweetlydepraved​(masochist female){Owned}
1 year ago • Oct 2, 2022
My profile is intentionally vague, I liked (when I was looking) to see who my description brought to my door. I wasn’t looking for someone that checked a bunch of boxes, I wouldn’t want to limit myself in that way. Plus it’s more interesting for me if I don’t know exactly what I am jumping into (so I usually go for the equally vague profiles).
HisJuguete​(sub female)
1 year ago • Oct 2, 2022
HisJuguete​(sub female) • Oct 2, 2022
I understand what you mean about people leaving their preferences out. For me, however, I’m open to any gender and as long as I feel some type of connection I am willing to talk and get to know them. I think for this reason I don’t put a gender preference. I don’t want to have “limit” who contacts me, either for a friendly conversation or otherwise. I think the only reference I made was a subtle one in the section of “What’s New” and other than that no mention of it on my profile.
balloonkotinsp
1 year ago • Oct 2, 2022
balloonkotinsp • Oct 2, 2022
I'm with Tall Slender on this one. I think it helps to clarify. No one on here has any issue with anyone else's sexual orientation or identity. It just makes the process a little easier. As far as putting pictures of amateur women on my profile, for me, I just wouldn't do it. I just feel that is something left to the imagination and interpretation of the potential sub. Just me. I feel like the subdued approach is best for me. Albeit,I don't have the experience in this like many otherDom males here. Just my 2 cents.