Online now
Online now

Any no sexual contact before marriage Christians?

Zelia
1 year ago • Oct 11, 2022
Zelia • Oct 11, 2022
@CYH am I right in thinking that You’re saying that You don’t believe in marriage as we understand it today, some kind of ceremony and legal ‘piece of paper’?
The opening post was asking whether or not there were Christians who believe in no sexual contact before marriage. All I can see is Doms who are Christian but don’t recognise marriage and therefore have sexual contact before marriage. That’s fine of course. I don’t mind what people do in their own private relationships but to give the impression of being married in the way the opening post meant isn’t quite right. Being married is a universally understood definition of a relationship. At least be open about not being conventionally married.

I’m sure I’ve seen Christians who do abstain from sexual contact before marriage here previously, hopefully some will find this post.
SirsBabyDoll​(sub female){Pizza+☕}
CotrolYourHole wrote:

It’s been interesting to see different perspectives on this stuff- Christian, Atheist, Muslim & more. Much respect to everyone who’s commented😎

I LOVE round table discussions like this! Everyone sharing a perspective while AT THE SAME TIME, only debating about the issue at hand and staying away from how we feel about the person speaking.

It is in remembering the human behind the point of view that we can discuss ANY topic without discord.

This discussion is BEAUTIFUL as are all the people discussing it in such a manner. ❤️
CotrolYourHole
CotrolYourHole • Oct 11, 2022
Zelia wrote:
@CYH am I right in thinking that You’re saying that You don’t believe in marriage as we understand it today, some kind of ceremony and legal ‘piece of paper’?
The opening post was asking whether or not there were Christians who believe in no sexual contact before marriage. All I can see is Doms who are Christian but don’t recognise marriage and therefore have sexual contact before marriage. That’s fine of course. I don’t mind what people do in their own private relationships but to give the impression of being married in the way the opening post meant isn’t quite right. Being married is a universally understood definition of a relationship. At least be open about not being conventionally married.

I’m sure I’ve seen Christians who do abstain from sexual contact before marriage here previously, hopefully some will find this post.

Yeah this kinda turned into a “What do Christians & non-Christians think about marriage” thread and veered off OP’s question. My bad for contributing to that lol- but the exchange of ideas on here has been interesting for me.

To clarify what I meant- I believe in a more ancient Biblical idea of marriage, where you pledge to stay with the woman for life, raise children with her, help her with her spiritual growth & much more- but the “contract” is not made with paper but with seed. The first time you have sex is the “ceremony” that makes you two officially husband & wife. Having a big ceremony at a church is fine, I’m not discouraging it necessarily, but it’s just worth pointing out that some younger Christians don’t see getting anyones approval but God’s as important. Genesis 24 is a good place to see what Israelites thought about the definition of marriage. Wife and husband are spiritual titles not worldly or legal ones to some of us😎
HEMI​(dom male)
HEMI​(dom male) • Oct 11, 2022
CotrolYourHole wrote:

I agree the piece of paper thing is silly too even as a Christian …

It seems safe to infer from John 2:1-11 that Christ did not think the marriage ritual was silly. In fact that’s where He performed His first miracle.
CotrolYourHole wrote:

For ex my wife … is open to playing with other girls …

See Romans 1:26b.
@CYH,

I any states in the US, your arraignment would be legally called a "common law marriage" and depending on which state and how.long you've been together, it is legally recognized AS a marriage.....no paper needed.
Zelia
Zelia • Oct 11, 2022
‘Contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as a ‘common law marriage’. In England and Wales only people who are married, whether of the same sex or not, or those in civil partnerships can rely on the laws about dividing up finances when they divorce or dissolve their marriage.

The assumption by many unmarried couples in a long standing relationship that they have acquired rights similar to those of married couples is wrong. This common misconception needs to be addressed particularly as for many years official statistics show numbers of marriages in decline as more people choose to cohabit (living together without being married).’
~ Family Lives

How does common law marriage work in the US? I’m not familiar with the differences.
Common law marriage differs from state to state and not all states recognize it.

This is a simplified explination from a lawyer's (solicitor's) webpage.

https://www.sterlinglawyers.com/divorce/common-law-marriage-states/
CotrolYourHole
CotrolYourHole • Oct 11, 2022
HEMI wrote:
CotrolYourHole wrote:

I agree the piece of paper thing is silly too even as a Christian …

It seems safe to infer from John 2:1-11 that Christ did not think the marriage ritual was silly. In fact that’s where He performed His first miracle.
CotrolYourHole wrote:

For ex my wife … is open to playing with other girls …

See Romans 1:26b.

I don’t think the spiritual commitment is silly of course, and if a ritual with prayer, music etc reminds people of that I’m not against it. I mean just the goverment-issued marriage licenses themselves are what I see as silly- because if the government has their own definitions of marriage now that don’t match the Bible.

& I see what you mean by posting Roman’s 1:26 but I think the “unnatural” part was that they were choosing not to have a husband & only desire women…there’s another verse in NT where it talks about women “leaving the natural use of the man”. So I feel like an argument can be made that those verses are talking about living a lesbian lifestyle, not two co-wives who happen to kiss or lick each other WHILE being dominated by their husbands(& being fruitful & multiplying in the process). But I admit that my kinky desire to have two girls do stuff to each other while I manhandle their tied-up little selves might influence my interpretation🤭
Zelia
Zelia • Oct 11, 2022
Common law marriages seems to apply in 16 states, if I counted correctly and differs between each state, some requiring the relationship to be 15 years+ ? They seem to serve different purposes too, eg for attributing inheritance. I thought it was something that was universal in the US. I wonder if any would recognise a second wife?