Online now
Online now

Any no sexual contact before marriage Christians?

HEMI​(dom male)
1 year ago • Oct 11, 2022
HEMI​(dom male) • Oct 11, 2022
CotrolYourHole wrote:

I don’t think the spiritual commitment is silly of course, and if a ritual with prayer, music etc reminds people of that I’m not against it. I mean just the goverment-issued marriage licenses themselves are what I see as silly- because if the government has their own definitions of marriage now that don’t match the Bible.

So what if the governmental definition of marriage doesn’t align with that of the Bible? That piece of paper affords the spouse various rights and financial benefits which they deserve and may well need. It’s not that we are necessarily condoning all aspects of the government’s definition.
CotrolYourHole wrote:

… & I see what you mean by posting Roman’s 1:26 but I think the “unnatural” part was that they were choosing not to have a husband & only desire women…

You are reading into the verse what is not there. Anyway, that verse needs to be understood within passage context starting at verse 18.
CotrolYourHole wrote:

… there’s another verse in NT where it talks about women “leaving the natural use of the man”.

I believe you are mistaken. See verse 27.
CotrolYourHole wrote:

So I feel like an argument can be made that those verses are talking about living a lesbian lifestyle, not two co-wives who happen to kiss or lick each other WHILE being dominated by their husbands(& being fruitful & multiplying in the process).

Perhaps you might consider the traditional Christian understanding of that particular passage of Scripture.
CotrolYourHole wrote:

But I admit that my kinky desire to have two girls do stuff to each other while I manhandle their tied-up little selves might influence my interpretation🤭

I think so.
SirsBabyDoll​(sub female){Pizza+☕}
Zelia wrote:
Common law marriages seems to apply in 16 states, if I counted correctly and differs between each state, some requiring the relationship to be 15 years+ ? They seem to serve different purposes too, eg for attributing inheritance. I thought it was something that was universal in the US. I wonder if any would recognise a second wife?

No, it's not universal and I've only encountered it once in my lifetime.

As for polygamy:

Polygamy is illegal and criminalized in every country in North and South America, including all 50 U.S. states. However, in February 2020, the Utah House and Senate reduced the punishment for consensual polygamy, which had previously been classified as a felony, to roughly equivalent to a traffic ticket.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/countries-where-polygamy-is-legal
bodice ripping
bodice ripping • Oct 11, 2022
I grew up going to a Missouri Synod Lutheran Church. This is the strict sect of the lutheran church. The whole “ be a virgin until you’re married and no children out of wed lock” thing made me dysfunctional for my entire life. It was fuck with my mind birth control to make my parents proud. I didn’t date in high school. I had no girl friends. I had a very high opinion of what a good catch I was because I wasn’t like the “other” guy. Any girl that liked me, I shied away from rather than take the chance that it might turn sexual never understanding that it probably wouldn’t because she had the pressure against having sex from her parents. The only thing that got accomplished was me not learning about life like everyone else. Not ever getting dumped because I didn’t learn from bad relationships just made me more terrified of rejection. Not getting along with someone and dumping her caused me to never experience what I like or don’t like from a woman in my life. I never built confidence or self-esteem. To help myself cope, I drank. I drank a lot which made everything worse, for years.

It might be fine for you, though…. lol.
Zelia

Re: Any no sexual contact before marriage Christians?

Zelia • Oct 11, 2022
thecagedfaerie wrote:
Just curious if there's any other Christians on the site, particularly those who believe in no sexual contact before marriage. I do feel a lot of people forget that D/s is *not* just about sex. You can be in a D/s dynamic and still abstain from sexual contact before marriage.

You might find these threads of interest. Disclaimer … I’ve not read them from beginning to end!

https://thecage.co/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3963&start=0

https://thecage.co/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2348&start=0
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Oct 11, 2022
SirsBabyDoll wrote:
@dollMaker,

What I found interesting in my research yesterday is the correlation between the Book of Tobias and the Apocrypha and Islamic teachings, such as Intercession and God hearing the prayers of the dead. For me, it means to pay attention.

It is MY hypothesis that the different religions as well as the languages were created by God (for me, it is a singular God), at the Tower of Babel. When the people couldn't communicate with each other, they separated and went on their merry way. That included the religion teachers. Since no ONE person can know everything about any one topic, they depend on group knowledge and when that group knowledge was split, some information was inaccessible to the religions leaders, so, when they encountered an issue, they had to take a best guess that would be reasonable.

To me, all the world religions used to be one religion. When I encounter "same teachings" from religion to religion", for me it means that THAT is the true teaching.

The Council of Nicaea....how can a religion's holy scripture be "divinely inspired" if it can be debated and written off on a whim. 🙄 I get the effort, but men and Man back then we're not known for their balanced, neutral, self-examination and honesty. They were power hungry, greedy bastards who had inflated egos.

I hold with a kinder, gentler God, thank you very much.

The choices made, by the Church Fathers are still debated today, which is why various people claim that todays bible is not the full bible. The various Councils of Nicaea where the formal battle grounds for these choices, re what was divine scripture, what wasn't and the running/organisation of the early church, but I agree with you that once you look into the individuals, like most humans, they are deeply flawed people, and in some instances a number of these men sought to remove the Jewish people as the tree into which all gentiles are grafted - looking at this from a Christian theology point of view. Anti Semitism is rampant and awful and in my view stems in part from these early mens thoughts, at least in regards as to how it has manifested within Christian denominations, and church history.

Replacement theology seeks to remove and replace Jewish people from their status as Gods chosen people, the apple of his eye and shove Christians into that position. Scripture is very clear this is not the case, even Paul talks about this in his letter to the church in Rome.

I am very aware others views and mileage on this will vary, my words possibly even offensive to them and their beliefs which is why religious discussion, across various faith is a very fraught undertaking, as such I am going to bow out now and not take part in this thread further because I think it will get out of hand (signs are already showing) and despite one members pushing for a discussion on differences between Catholic theology and Protestant, plus textual criticism I am not willing to respond further as I actually think that these sorts of discussions don't belong on a BDSM site but elsewhere.

For myself I now sit to the more left field of Christianity, as conservative right wing, some might say orthodox Christianity no longer sits well with me. Its a struggle, I may be in error, but in the words of those believers I am destined for hell, my salvation in question because I am at odds with their beliefs on various things including marriage, and sexuality. I am a member of the LGBTQ+ community now and while I often feel not queer enough, I feel more at ease being queer than what I was before which was harsh, lacking in love and LGBTQ phobic, this coming through a somewhat conservative religious lens. I am incredibly sorry for my previous stance on these matters, as I now believe that love is love whether its between cis hetro people or people of the same sex, trans, non binary and anyone else I have missed. I believe that marriage is for all, and I apologise to those I may once have hurt with my words - I am sorry. I hope to get an opportunity to some day apologise in person.

Sadly I can't find any church in my part of the world holding these ideals, LGBTQ+ affirming, so for now I am on my own.

And with that I am out.
Steellover​(sub male)
1 year ago • Oct 12, 2022
Steellover​(sub male) • Oct 12, 2022
^Thank you; that sums up my own feelings on God, Jesus and Christianity as well.

I believe overall, that God is love, whereas it seems others see Him as some sort of celestial dictator- quick to dole out eternal punishments but reluctant to dole out love and forgiveness. It seemed to me that Jesus came here to emphasize God's love rather than punishment; that was the "Good News" He brought.

As for the writings of Paul about the role of women in marriage, or society at large, I always assumed that those were a reflection of Paul's own patriarchal views rather than those of God, per se. In the early church, many women did in fact have leadership roles. Until things were later codified, and the Catholic Church rose as the dominant and singular authority on Christianity.
CotrolYourHole
CotrolYourHole • Oct 12, 2022
SirsBabyDoll wrote:
Zelia wrote:
Common law marriages seems to apply in 16 states, if I counted correctly and differs between each state, some requiring the relationship to be 15 years+ ? They seem to serve different purposes too, eg for attributing inheritance. I thought it was something that was universal in the US. I wonder if any would recognise a second wife?

No, it's not universal and I've only encountered it once in my lifetime.

As for polygamy:

Polygamy is illegal and criminalized in every country in North and South America, including all 50 U.S. states. However, in February 2020, the Utah House and Senate reduced the punishment for consensual polygamy, which had previously been classified as a felony, to roughly equivalent to a traffic ticket.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/countries-where-polygamy-is-legal

I appreciate your diligent research on polygamy laws, the facts you shared she’d some light on how stigmatized poly relationships have been & still are…however JUST TO CLARIFY I never was encouraging anyone to think that they could get the government to recognize their polygamous marriage. They certainly won’t. However, those laws making it illegal stem back to when all sex outside marriage was illegal. Today, nobody is getting arrested for living with 2 women anymore than college kids get arrested for one night stands- totally unenforced & outdated. As we all know on the Cage, there are are Masters that live with 10+ slaves and nobody is coming after them haha😝

Last thing I’ll say here- I pretty much switched the topic of this thread by mentioning how I believe Christians should embrace polygamy, and it turned in a really argumentative direction. Im sorry to everyone that it went that way, especially as a newer member I don’t wanna promote division on here. I wanted to bring up certain spiritual aspects of D/s relationships but it turned into a convo about laws & religious doctrine, which isn’t what this site is about really. So I’m personally done with this thread- much love & respect to everybody here….it’s been interesting but I’m moving on to more fun parts of the site😎I hope everybody has some great scenes and orgasms tonight haha- I’m about to have dinner with the wifey then get ready to blindfold her😎
HEMI​(dom male)
HEMI​(dom male) • Oct 12, 2022
dollMaker wrote:

The choices made, by the Church Fathers are still debated today, which is why various people claim that todays bible is not the full bible. The various Councils of Nicaea where the formal battle grounds for these choices, re what was divine scripture …

That is simply not true with regard to either Nicaea I (325 A.D.) or Nicaea II (787). Check the council canons to confirm this.
dollMaker wrote:

… but I agree with you that once you look into the individuals, like most humans, they are deeply flawed people, and in some instances a number of these men sought to remove the Jewish people as the tree into which all gentiles are grafted - looking at this from a Christian theology point of view. Anti Semitism is rampant and awful and in my view stems in part from these early mens thoughts, at least in regards as to how it has manifested within Christian denominations, and church history.

Replacement theology seeks to remove and replace Jewish people from their status as Gods chosen people, the apple of his eye and shove Christians into that position. Scripture is very clear this is not the case, even Paul talks about this in his letter to the church in Rome.

You fail to make the case for replacement theology, but more importantly this issue is not germane to the OP.
dollMaker wrote:

I am very aware others views and mileage on this will vary, my words possibly even offensive to them and their beliefs which is why religious discussion, across various faith is a very fraught undertaking, as such I am going to bow out now and not take part in this thread further because I think it will get out of hand (signs are already showing) and despite one members pushing for a discussion on differences between Catholic theology and Protestant, plus textual criticism I am not willing to respond further as I actually think that these sorts of discussions don't belong on a BDSM site but elsewhere.

We probably would not have entered this rabbit hole if you had not started the derailment of the thread with:
dollMaker wrote:

Its not part of the Old Testament in any denominations bible, Tobit is part of the Apocrypha, which is considered of historical interest, but not more, as it and other writings like that don’t meet the criteria for inspired scripture. These writings are the work of man, not the divine.

Continuing …
dollMaker wrote:

For myself I now sit to the more left field of Christianity, as conservative right wing, some might say orthodox Christianity no longer sits well with me. Its a struggle, I may be in error, but in the words of those believers I am destined for hell, my salvation in question because I am at odds with their beliefs on various things including marriage, and sexuality. I am a member of the LGBTQ+ community now and while I often feel not queer enough, I feel more at ease being queer than what I was before which was harsh, lacking in love and LGBTQ phobic, this coming through a somewhat conservative religious lens. I am incredibly sorry for my previous stance on these matters, as I now believe that love is love whether its between cis hetro people or people of the same sex, trans, non binary and anyone else I have missed. I believe that marriage is for all, and I apologise to those I may once have hurt with my words - I am sorry. I hope to get an opportunity to some day apologise in person.

Sadly I can't find any church in my part of the world holding these ideals, LGBTQ+ affirming, so for now I am on my own.

Again, your stated views are not pertinent to the OP.
HEMI​(dom male)
HEMI​(dom male) • Oct 12, 2022
Steellover wrote:

... I believe overall, that God is love, whereas it seems others see Him as some sort of celestial dictator- quick to dole out eternal punishments but reluctant to dole out love and forgiveness. It seemed to me that Jesus came here to emphasize God's love rather than punishment; that was the "Good News" He brought.

True.
Steellover wrote:

As for the writings of Paul about the role of women in marriage, or society at large, I always assumed that those were a reflection of Paul's own patriarchal views rather than those of God, per se.

Why do you assume that?
Steellover wrote:

In the early church, many women did in fact have leadership roles. Until things were later codified, and the Catholic Church rose as the dominant and singular authority on Christianity.

What is the historical basis for your statement?
KPSeven​(sub female)
1 year ago • Oct 26, 2022
KPSeven​(sub female) • Oct 26, 2022
You’re not alone girl! I hold the same views and am in the same boat as you.