Online now
Online now

Out of the Ordinary Mental Domination Styles

LimeOnDrink​(switch male)
1 year ago • Nov 10, 2022
LimeOnDrink​(switch male) • Nov 10, 2022
I'mME wrote:
Op,

By different domination , are you referring to roles that Doms take on (Daddy , disciplinarian, sensual, ) or their personalities.

Less about the general temperament of the sub/dom and more about the specific acts of mental domination that you found surprisingly enjoyable to do or to be done to you.
I'mME
I'mME • Nov 10, 2022
OP,

What does mental domination mean to you? YOUR answer may help in getting the information you seek.
I'mME wrote:
OP,

What does mental domination mean to you? YOUR answer may help in getting the information you seek.

If i had to define it, mental domination would be actions from the dom that affect the mind of the sub in a way that the sub is either pressured or convinced to submit to the dom and obey them.
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Nov 10, 2022
Let me see if I can clarify why this question is seemingly difficult to understand.
We get that you're trying to seek out ways to elicit or attain enjoyment, to a greater or lesser degree that's what we all want for ourselves or each other. But mental domination could come in the form of a look, or a single word, or a strategically placed object. It could be something as involved as a psychological torture like living or reliving traumatic experience, or being confronted with a deep-seated phobia. Or a million things in between.
So when you say what are some ideas of mental domination what I wonder is are you talking about General ideas like those, or very specific things like covering your sub in spiders when you know she has arachnophobia and her kink is fear play?
LongerJohnny wrote:
Let me see if I can clarify why this question is seemingly difficult to understand.
We get that you're trying to seek out ways to elicit or attain enjoyment, to a greater or lesser degree that's what we all want for ourselves or each other. But mental domination could come in the form of a look, or a single word, or a strategically placed object. It could be something as involved as a psychological torture like living or reliving traumatic experience, or being confronted with a deep-seated phobia. Or a million things in between.
So when you say what are some ideas of mental domination what I wonder is are you talking about General ideas like those, or very specific things like covering your sub in spiders when you know she has arachnophobia and her kink is fear play?

I'm looking for more specific examples of categories of mental domination (like when you said "fear play"). But explaining some interesting general ideas wouldn't hurt either!
I'm still very new to BDSM so this question is kinda just there for me to get more information about mental domination. That's probably why it's quite vague, sorry!
Bunnie
Bunnie • Nov 10, 2022
Oh, how could I forget my favourite! “Torture” (again, in inverted commas to clarify that I mean consensual torture, not *actual* torture) is definitely up there for me icon_smile.gif
I'mME
I'mME • Nov 10, 2022
@Bunnie

Eek, with spiders?

@Longer Johnny,

Yes a difficult question to answer also because everyone is an individual and different strokes for different folks.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Nov 10, 2022
@ I’mMe,

Lol that’s certainly creative!

The way that I read the OP, is that they’re simply curious as to what examples there are of experiences that people enjoy/have had that would fall into the category of psychological/mental aspects of power exchange. It’s not necessarily an aspect that everyone delves into- yes it is present to a degree in all power exchange, however, for some it can be a more prominent focus in their explorations/dynamics. For me personally, the large majority of what I enjoy is about the “mindfuck.”
I'mME
I'mME • Nov 10, 2022
Bunnie wrote:
@ I’mMe,

The way that I read the OP, is that they’re simply curious as to what examples there are of experiences that people enjoy/have had that would fall into the category of psychological/mental aspects of power exchange. It’s not necessarily an aspect that everyone delves into- yes it is present to a degree in all power exchange, however, for some it can be a more prominent focus in their explorations/dynamics.

Bunnie,

Longer Johnny mentioned a sub with arachnophobia being covered in spiders and then you commented 'oh I forgot about torture' . I picked up on the dreaminess (perhaps as you recalled a memory) in your post.

I was wondering if spiders were involved. Eeehhh.
Bunnie wrote:
@ I’mMe,

The way that I read the OP, is that they’re simply curious as to what examples there are of experiences that people enjoy/have had that would fall into the category of psychological/mental aspects of power exchange. It’s not necessarily an aspect that everyone delves into- yes it is present to a degree in all power exchange, however, for some it can be a more prominent focus in their explorations/dynamics. For me personally, the large majority of what I enjoy is about the “mindfuck.”

YES! thank you! You undrestood correctly. And i agree completely with you when it comes to "mindfucking"