Online now
Online now

Breaking in leather toys

swing​(dom male)
1 week ago • Jan 23, 2023

Breaking in leather toys

swing​(dom male) • Jan 23, 2023
Recently bought two new leather spanking straps, after being introduced to them. One has softened nicely however one just doesn't want to seem to break in before use. Any tips for helping with this, or do I just need to sit and spank a joint of beef a couple hundred times before it's for for proper use?
    The most loved post in topic
Satindragon​(sub female)
1 week ago • Jan 24, 2023
Satindragon​(sub female) • Jan 24, 2023
Check to see if the product called Neatsfoot Oil is available where you are. It is a leather conditioner that I have used for my collar and other leather.
Miki
1 week ago • Jan 24, 2023
Miki • Jan 24, 2023
I'm just wondering why one softened and one did not and doesn't seem like it "wants" to... Different brands? Does the stubborn one contain any other type of hyde?

Try the Neatsfoot oil and if that doesn't work it might not be 100% leather. However, I don't know a lot about handling those, only being on the receiving end.

I do have a collar /choker I have not used in a while but I make it a point to keep it conditioned in case I decide to venture out. My leather minis get more use (not in the winter) but are on the same conditioning/maintenance schedule no matter what.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If all else fails, go with the joint of beef. It's good way to fight inevitable arm flab..
swing​(dom male)
1 week ago • Jan 24, 2023
swing​(dom male) • Jan 24, 2023
Thank you both for the tips ladies, oil has been ordered. The one that softened is a leather outer with a pu inner that was already pretty soft when it arrived, the one that hasn't is "100%" leather, or at least it was sold as such. It was pretty stiff when it arrived, so I'm not 100% convinced it is..not likely.to get to use it for a while yet anyway, but want it ready for when I can
InqSci​(dom male)
1 week ago • Jan 24, 2023
InqSci​(dom male) • Jan 24, 2023
By happenstance, I happened to stumble on a way to soften any hyde... especially leather.

I have no leather restraints or nice black leather cuffs, chokers, etc... but for any leather I found that "gypsum dust" will soften any leather very quickly. Now the leather was a work boot,, "but also used as an instrument of correction"; and was brand new.
I just happened to unload a truck of drywall and driver asked if I could take his risers. Sure, no worries.. .so I took them, and one was rather old and just gave out as I was carrying them; spilling all over my boots. I got a broom and went ahead and swept the mess and the drywall dock as well. Boots were covered with the white powder.
Later on that day, we got a thunderstorm and I got them wet as I was working on the lumber outside. I kept moving that day and that night my feet were sore, but not too bad. The next day, those boots were almost like they were fitted by an Italian craftsman that just woke up from the Renaissance. Soft and molded to my feet. After that, got the "gypsum" treatment straight out of the box.

I just wouldn't use it on the highly polished black leather... I think the gypsum dust would taint the color. But they will be soft.
Miki
1 week ago • Jan 25, 2023
Miki • Jan 25, 2023
swing wrote:
Thank you both for the tips ladies, oil has been ordered. The one that softened is a leather outer with a pu inner that was already pretty soft when it arrived, the one that hasn't is "100%" leather, or at least it was sold as such. It was pretty stiff when it arrived, so I'm not 100% convinced it is..not likely.to get to use it for a while yet anyway, but want it ready for when I can


Aww come on! You can use it as soon as you wanna spring for a decent side of beef or pig carcass-- one like they show on (I think History channel) ---------- "Forged in Fire" where the Asian dude tests their swords and shit on those poor dead pigs.

The only other thing you'd need is a decent freezer to keep the fucking things in until you can get it butchered into useful cuts of meat once you break in your whip.

icon_biggrin.gif
swing​(dom male)
1 week ago • Jan 25, 2023
swing​(dom male) • Jan 25, 2023
Miki wrote:
swing wrote:
Thank you both for the tips ladies, oil has been ordered. The one that softened is a leather outer with a pu inner that was already pretty soft when it arrived, the one that hasn't is "100%" leather, or at least it was sold as such. It was pretty stiff when it arrived, so I'm not 100% convinced it is..not likely.to get to use it for a while yet anyway, but want it ready for when I can


Aww come on! You can use it as soon as you wanna spring for a decent side of beef or pig carcass-- one like they show on (I think History channel) ---------- "Forged in Fire" where the Asian dude tests their swords and shit on those poor dead pigs.

The only other thing you'd need is a decent freezer to keep the fucking things in until you can get it butchered into useful cuts of meat once you break in your whip.

icon_biggrin.gif


Lol that won't be until spring, when the weather clears up and I can get the smoker out 🤣🤣
InqSci​(dom male)
1 week ago • Jan 25, 2023

Pork Bellies

InqSci​(dom male) • Jan 25, 2023
Miki wrote:


Aww come on! You can use it as soon as you wanna spring for a decent side of beef or pig carcass-- one like they show on (I think History channel) ---------- "Forged in Fire" where the Asian dude tests their swords and shit on those poor dead pigs.

The only other thing you'd need is a decent freezer to keep the fucking things in until you can get it butchered into useful cuts of meat once you break in your whip.

icon_biggrin.gif


Exact;ly! I watch that show and I'm all ... please tell me you are going to cook the pigs! Eat em from the Rooter to the Tooter!
Miki
6 days ago • Jan 26, 2023

Re: Pork Bellies

Miki • Jan 26, 2023
InqSci wrote:
Miki wrote:


Aww come on! You can use it as soon as you wanna spring for a decent side of beef or pig carcass-- one like they show on (I think History channel) ---------- "Forged in Fire" where the Asian dude tests their swords and shit on those poor dead pigs.

The only other thing you'd need is a decent freezer to keep the fucking things in until you can get it butchered into useful cuts of meat once you break in your whip.

icon_biggrin.gif


Exact;ly! I watch that show and I'm all ... please tell me you are going to cook the pigs! Eat em from the Rooter to the Tooter!


Oh no, not me.. I referenced that show for the guy who has a leather whip that won't soften. Either use the various treatment oils for leather or break it in on a side of beef or one of those pigs like on that show (I'm a bit barbaric I like that the heads are still on!)

But no I don't have anything like that. But they say with proper knowledge, one can make use of everything on a pig except the squeal.
simplylaura​(sub female){djinni}
5 days ago • Jan 27, 2023
As someone who does leather care (boots, vests, toys, etc) I recommend Huberds shoe grease for conditioning just about anything. I've found that it softens more like a lotion than neatsfoot oil. Use it super sparingly though- a little goes a looooong way with this stuff.