Online now
Online now

Screenshots publishing

Atila​(sub female)
1 year ago • Feb 13, 2023
Atila​(sub female) • Feb 13, 2023
Miki wrote:
The best thing to do with troll messages is to delete them IMHO

Eh, some of them are funny enough to keep.
TalonCoMerc​(dom male)
TalonCoMerc​(dom male) • Feb 13, 2023
I'm sure any sort of post on any social media site would be a split for those for and against. Sure you may have gotten whatever it is off of your chest and managed to have all of the identifiers for yourself or the other party involved. Many may still be able to piece together and back trace it. Like some say, "Nothing stays hidden on the internet for long."
Miki
Miki • Feb 13, 2023
Well in that case sure, keep 'em. But screenshotting.. Meh
Atila​(sub female)
TalonCoMerc wrote:
I'm sure any sort of post on any social media site would be a split for those for and against. Sure you may have gotten whatever it is off of your chest and managed to have all of the identifiers for yourself or the other party involved. Many may still be able to piece together and back trace it. Like some say, "Nothing stays hidden on the internet for long."

Several things are kept hidden though. I fail to understand how a screenshot of just the message can identify someone on a kinky site. No name, no photo, just the message. Which in this case is a first message and has very general information. What you are saying is not the case for everything posted on the internet.
Atila​(sub female)
Miki wrote:
Well in that case sure, keep 'em. But screenshotting.. Meh

Not really the point I was trying to explore, but it is meh in the whole scheme of the world.
Atila​(sub female)
1 year ago • Feb 14, 2023
Atila​(sub female) • Feb 14, 2023
SirsBabyDoll wrote:
The discussion is a moot point. *HERE*, posting screenshots is disallowed. Villanelle has already stated it.

Which wasn’t the point… You don’t have to participate.
Atila​(sub female)
Atila​(sub female) • Feb 14, 2023
Anyway, I got my answer. In general, it is legal, with some exceptions. Direct messages are not consider private, unless there’s a previous agreement. Whether people like it or not, that’s the controversial part.

So, bye.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
People have writing styles. Words have cadence. People are identified by words. Countries of origin are also too, identifiable, these don't often change.

As some said secrets never say hidden on the internet. People talk. People discuss. Mistakes are made

People often grow and change, mature and learn. Within the lifestyle this is more evident ...years in we are not what we begun as. A person making wrong choices or decisions shouldn't be punished publicly for the rest of their life. ..even though you may have decided to walk away from it. What if grew from it? It doesn't matter as they got painted that way by you. How do they ever get to prove they now different? They can't! That's not fair.

If you want to correct something that upsets you, then take it to task privately as it was originally intended. It's called a private message for that reason.

Also your way might not be everyone's way. There is no one right way when it comes to BDSM unless your talking safety. We are not stamped out with cookie cutters to be all the same.
autisticbarbie
autisticbarbie • Feb 14, 2023
I just came on here too. And some of the men are overwhelming and I get it. But at the end of the day, this is a kink site. Shaming people is a bad look.