Online now
Online now

Potential site improvements?

SublimeC27​(dom male)
1 year ago • Feb 20, 2023

Potential site improvements?

SublimeC27​(dom male) • Feb 20, 2023
I've had an account since 2017, but haven't really actively used it until recently. From what I can see the site has undergone quite a few changes, and has features that I don't remember seeing before such as the option to call other users directly through the site if they allow it.

This question is open to all, but I'm especially interested in hearing from those who have used the site for several years. What are some improvements (if any) that you'd like to see to this site?

Bonus question: What do you think this site has done right? This could be something you wish more sites (bdsm or not) would implement.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
1 year ago • Feb 21, 2023
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Feb 21, 2023
A self destruct button. Every good lair has a self destruct button. We don't actually have to wire it to anything, but it should have like a clear lid we flip up and a key to turn before we push the button. Then a husky female voice counting down. When she hits zero, we get Marvin the Martian's voice going "Where's the Ka-Boom? There should have been an Earth Shattering Ka-Boom!"
SublimeC27​(dom male)
1 year ago • Feb 21, 2023
SublimeC27​(dom male) • Feb 21, 2023
This would be a great addition to the site! I can almost see the stories now: "We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space"
Miki
1 year ago • Feb 22, 2023
Miki • Feb 22, 2023
I for one would like to see the site indicate one has "logged out" --when they log out not, up to three minutes later, as I have personally observed.

After all, if one is shown as "Online" immediately upon logging in, it should follow that one should show as "Offline" the moment they click "Log Out".

Small detail? Not really. All too often I come back in at a later time and see that someone has written a message either as a PM or in Bond after I left, but the system showed I was online -- and they were left to think I was ignoring them.

It shouldn't be all that big a project to make the system as responsive to "log-out" as it is to "log on".
    The most loved post in topic
Solace​(dom male)
Solace​(dom male) • Feb 22, 2023
I would like to put my full endorsement behind Miki's idea. Speaking from someone who acts as the initiator in conversation...its really challenging without accurate online information. I have a few examples to demonstrate.

Example one, Its essential to first message (a girl) when she is online. She may have a whole bag of messages, and if she doesn't get the "ding" or the visual notification that I've messaged her and motivates her to check it because she's offline...I could easily be middle or bottom of the stack the next time she looks. Might sound like a small detail, but I've only had a small handful of girls message me back after sending a message when they were offline. I can't message again, because then I'm overbearing or creepy, its unfortunately how it works. While silence could mean either rejection or she didn't get to it or see it... it has to be taken as rejection.

Example two, I've had tons of lovely conversations with lovely ladies that just ended. Likely because it wasn't as lovely for them or they got a better offer. Absolutely fine, no lady or man owes anyone their time but as I stated above, silence must be taken as rejection. It would be at least a little better to know I'm not being ignored but rather the user went off line for their personal reasons. This is quite similar to the example Miki has kindly shared. For gentlemen who are perhaps less practiced in this, patience is your best friend. Message once and done, never twice, never again. If a lady values you she will find the time to reply, otherwise you were better off looking elsewhere anyways.
Miki
Miki • Feb 22, 2023
@ Solace-- rather than "quote" I just will direct this to your post.

To make sure what I wrote about was still accurate I did another "demo".

I logged off at 14:42 EST, cleared cookies and all that shit-- and came to the site as an outsider. (I also used the "In Private" or "Incognito" mode on a different browser), and for good measure I never come in here without my VPN.

Sure as shit, I'm still "Online". Hit Refresh several times and as-advertised, I wasn't shown as "Offline" until 14:45. Three minutes.

For a site (or any site) with all these bells and whistles, a one-sided lag like that is 100% bull-crap.

Please Fix Cage geeks!

-----

Other than that sometimes messages do get "lost" in the shuffle.. Write someone once, if no reply (and if they show as Offline a short while later) try one more time. If the recipient doesn't want to talk, you'll either get digital crickets for your trouble or they do write back and tell you (RHET) to go fuck a duck.
Solace​(dom male)
Solace​(dom male) • Feb 22, 2023
Haha, perhaps I am too polite and do not wish to push a girl the point of "go fuck a duck".

I understand, or at least hope I do to some extent, the bombardment ladies can get on the sites. I try my best not to aggravate that.
Miki
Miki • Feb 22, 2023
Solace wrote:
Haha, perhaps I am too polite and do not wish to push a girl the point of "go fuck a duck".

I understand, or at least hope I do to some extent, the bombardment ladies can get on the sites. I try my best not to aggravate that.

That was a thing when I first signed up but went away after a time and dudes started actually reading profiles. Mine is deliberately thin because I'm just in here for conversations and sticking my 2 cents in on forum posts. But remember, while being courteous is a great thing as far as not trying to make sure a "girl" is actually not interested rather than didn't notice the message, do remember some level of persistence is also a good thing.. "Nothing Ventured..." kind of shit.

icon_wink.gif
Solace​(dom male)
1 year ago • Mar 10, 2023
Solace​(dom male) • Mar 10, 2023
Just today I thought of another I would personally enjoy. The ability to hide one's age on their profile.

I say this largely because there are a large number of profiles which do not display their age. My understanding is this is a result of not including your birthday on sign up. It chafes me somewhat that others have access to privacy functions that myself and others lack.